Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 10 Sep 2006, 16:20 (Ref:1706974)   #1
squarepeg
Rookie

squarepeg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Schumacher and Montezemolo

MS didn't seem to be very comfortable around LM after the race. Whats that all about ?
Old 10 Sep 2006, 16:27 (Ref:1706979)   #2
williamsf1
Veteran

williamsf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
more to the point.....

during the italian national anthem....MS to KR "get used to hearing more of this next year mate"
Old 10 Sep 2006, 16:30 (Ref:1706981)   #3
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarepeg
MS didn't seem to be very comfortable around LM after the race. Whats that all about ?
Huh? They were hugging each other and crying?
Old 10 Sep 2006, 16:53 (Ref:1706997)   #4
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarepeg
Nothing really, although the severity of the hug caught him a little unawares!
Old 10 Sep 2006, 16:58 (Ref:1707004)   #5
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeah, it was a real bear like grip....hehehe.
Old 10 Sep 2006, 17:54 (Ref:1707070)   #6
Pitstop
Veteran

United Kingdom
Devon, UK
Pitstop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would want to hug Montezemolo??

I don't think so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10 Sep 2006, 18:00 (Ref:1707084)   #7
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I would, provided I got a Ferrari in exchange.
Old 10 Sep 2006, 18:47 (Ref:1707162)   #8
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
On the Speed TV coverage, Varsha, Hobbs and Matchett were all saying that they had heard that Ferrari management (i.e. LM) had decided they wanted him to go now, rather than later and more or less forced him out. Hence LM, making a big show of hugging Michael who had pointedly tried to avoid him, was just trying to make himself look good.

If this is true one wonders if Todt will be back, as he avoided LM as well and is known to have wanted Michael back next season. If Todt leaves and Brawn takes a year off, it may be awhile before you see Kimi on the top or any step of the podium.
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 10 Sep 2006, 18:48 (Ref:1707163)   #9
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

That's certainly an interesting take on it John and one I hadn't really considered...
Old 10 Sep 2006, 19:00 (Ref:1707189)   #10
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
The long and short of it, according to them, was that thanks to Michael, and the team he built, there are some at Ferrari who think they are smarter than they actually are and really don't "need" Michael. LM being one of them.

My prediction? If Brawn and Todt go, and I think they will, then Ferrari will return to being a glorious team with a glorious past with nothing to show for it currently.

I think Kimi has made a huge mistake.
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 10 Sep 2006, 19:02 (Ref:1707193)   #11
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

I go with the 'Kimi has made a mistake' theory.....

Wow....I didn't have Ferrari guys down as showing that kind of....well, arrogance.

If true it makes me very sad.
Old 10 Sep 2006, 19:06 (Ref:1707203)   #12
Spritle
Veteran

Spritle has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Considering where Ferrari is now and the engine freeze coming after China??

I think Kimi made a good decision. I think it was Alonso who goofed.
Old 10 Sep 2006, 19:08 (Ref:1707208)   #13
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Engine freeze perhaps, but the last I knew there was no chassis freeze.

It could work either way really. But Kimi may be joining a team on the way down if things pan out badly.
Old 10 Sep 2006, 19:11 (Ref:1707215)   #14
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
Alonso, you may recall, has done rather well in a car that was long short on power compared to others. I know they have caught up, but the point remains engine isn't everything.

Also, LM is more part of "corporate Ferrari" if you will than the Scuderia, if you catch my drift.
Old 10 Sep 2006, 19:11 (Ref:1707216)   #15
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well the glue holding the Ferrari team together really is Brawn and Todt.....and you are quite right that with MS retiring they could be on their way. Especially Brawn who has worked for so many years with Michael, i cant see him working with a new driver or working as effectively with a new driver as he did with MS.

It is sad that MS could possibly have been forced to retire......but ofcourse this isnt confirmed....what i do think is there is a lot more to it than MS saying 'Im done and i want to leave'
Old 10 Sep 2006, 19:23 (Ref:1707249)   #16
squarepeg
Rookie

squarepeg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inigo Montoya
Huh? They were hugging each other and crying?
You weren't looking at their body language. MS really didn't want to be any where near LM. MS hugged every other Ferrari team member he could reach but didn't look at LM.
Old 10 Sep 2006, 19:25 (Ref:1707257)   #17
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Michael was pushed out of Ferrari by Montezemolo plain and simple...Just business, he has one to run...
Old 10 Sep 2006, 20:50 (Ref:1707347)   #18
Spritle
Veteran

Spritle has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Not according to Luca

http://f1.racing-live.com/f1/en/head...10215712.shtml
Old 10 Sep 2006, 20:58 (Ref:1707358)   #19
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Easy to say after the fact... Anyway life goes on
Old 10 Sep 2006, 21:11 (Ref:1707381)   #20
freud
Veteran

freud has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith
Michael was pushed out of Ferrari by Montezemolo plain and simple...Just business, he has one to run...
Are you accusing Luca of stabbing Michael in the back?

I think perhaps you dont realize the immense power of MS in F1 and among European/Italian F1 fans. A five time ferrari champ can choose to do whatever he wants. It was Michael's own decision purely due to the fact that he is a 38 year old man with a family who's won it all and doesnt think the risk is worth it anymore (I think he made it clear during his press coference).
Old 10 Sep 2006, 21:37 (Ref:1707407)   #21
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by freud
Are you accusing Luca of stabbing Michael in the back?

I think perhaps you dont realize the immense power of MS in F1 and among European/Italian F1 fans. A five time ferrari champ can choose to do whatever he wants. It was Michael's own decision purely due to the fact that he is a 38 year old man with a family who's won it all and doesnt think the risk is worth it anymore (I think he made it clear during his press coference).

I am not accusing anyone of anything, however it is my opinion that Luca asked Michael to leave so that they(Ferrari) could make their future long term plans as far as drivers are concerned....Anyway I am more than happy to discuss this point with you, but turn it into a bashing session and I am not interested thank you.

Last edited by JeremySmith; 10 Sep 2006 at 21:39.
Old 10 Sep 2006, 21:42 (Ref:1707415)   #22
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's not a silly theory at all.

However the team had already signed Kimi a while ago, so in that respect they didn't need Michael out to ensure they could get hold of a top driver. Massa meanwhile, is a good driver but he isn't in my opinion at the very top level.
Old 11 Sep 2006, 15:48 (Ref:1708077)   #23
jonboyG
Racer

jonboyG has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSSC
The long and short of it, according to them, was that thanks to Michael, and the team he built, there are some at Ferrari who think they are smarter than they actually are and really don't "need" Michael. LM being one of them.

My prediction? If Brawn and Todt go, and I think they will, then Ferrari will return to being a glorious team with a glorious past with nothing to show for it currently.

I hope so. I dream of nothing more than Ferrari returning to the shambolic irrelevance that they were in the years leading up to 1994.
Old 11 Sep 2006, 23:59 (Ref:1708405)   #24
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
Well, dreaming of a team becoming "shambolic" is not a very sporting thought...

Amazing to me how much talk there is about fair play right up until the dreams of revenge kick in!

I winced every time Williams or Mc won when they ruled the roost - but I fervently hoped someone would step up to the plate to challenge them - and someone always did. I did not hope for them to collapse, otherwise what value was there in the new team, whether it be Benetton, Ferrari or a resurgent Williams or Mc (depending on who was ascendant) besting the top guy?

I want to see competition decide the outcome, not shambolic teams simply being victims/victimized.
Old 12 Sep 2006, 00:14 (Ref:1708412)   #25
Big-O
Racer

Iceland
Iceland
Big-O should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSSC

I agree, but for me, it was Jean Todt who built the Dream team ... Not Michael.

But Kimi is making a big big mistake... Brawn is gone, Bryne is... or isn't he???? The Dream team is falling apart.