Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 9 Dec 2002, 05:59 (Ref:446079)   #1
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cirtek for Nations Cup

On Procar forums it has been revealed that Cirtek will be entering a pair of Porsche GT3RS's in next years Nations Cup. Apparently this is more than just a satellite operation, they are moving the whole team out here for the series.

thoughts?

Fantastic news who do we think the drivers will be etc..
Old 9 Dec 2002, 10:02 (Ref:446196)   #2
twig
Veteran

twig should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
so i take it they possibly will end their part in the FIA GT Championship?

i think that is even more of a chance if they use the same drivers.

They will most certainly do better position-wise, but i dont think Nations Cup is doing all that great.

Tom.
Old 9 Dec 2002, 12:21 (Ref:446247)   #3
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
wow , great news , this should really leapfrog the class no ends , not that it isnt professional already just that a great Euro outfit joing the class will certainly get things moving.

as for drivers ,I dunno who drove for them before the 24hr race , but it would be great to see David brabham running around , but I'd much rather see him still overseas
Old 9 Dec 2002, 12:42 (Ref:446256)   #4
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There you go, good news, I hope there are some other new announcements for replacements for those toddling off to the Carrera Cup. Maybe a few new makes would be nice? What are PHR doing?

An aside- they had the Carrera Cup (I think it was the Supercar, the one with the F1 circus) on the idiot box today, and I liked what I saw... could be interesting if they can arrange a field with some depth.
Old 10 Dec 2002, 02:09 (Ref:446687)   #5
twig
Veteran

twig should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
how long are the current normal Nations Cup races?

i was wondering if they made it more of an endurance series they could attract more attention.
Old 10 Dec 2002, 08:50 (Ref:446808)   #6
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A sprint race usually isnt a Porsche strong suit... Richo may disagree, but he us the star of the field. Or was.

Its funny that Cirtek would just up and move here, I mean if the team is relocating do they drag the 6 employees, the cars, trucks and other junk downunder for the series?

I assume its a help for having Darren in the team for Bathurst or something? Or there is more money in Procar than we all thought
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 10 Dec 2002, 11:36 (Ref:446890)   #7
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This is amazing news, apparently they have stated that they have no objections to the current Monaro Supercar specifications. Quite a bold statement, but if they think they can beat it, next year should be quite a show.
Old 10 Dec 2002, 11:51 (Ref:446901)   #8
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
But in a parity class, the Monaro will be brought back to the field, and everyone will have an even chance.

Come round one, they should have a good rev limit cut back of 1000rpm
Old 11 Dec 2002, 02:19 (Ref:447395)   #9
Nivola
Racer

Nivola should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
now i think the 24 hour looks pretty sweet for next year.
Old 12 Dec 2002, 23:07 (Ref:448704)   #10
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Cirtek are competing in the Nations Cup but they're also continuing in The FIA GT and will race in the US too!!

Even more extraordinary they are looking into doing the Spa 24 hours with - wait for it - A Holden Monaro!!
Old 13 Dec 2002, 10:42 (Ref:448947)   #11
the man
Veteran

the man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That sounds great, now some competition for PHR and the monaro,
Old 14 Dec 2002, 00:49 (Ref:449478)   #12
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Theman you are assuming PHR is committed to the series next season.... This is indeed a dangerous assumption to make...
Old 14 Dec 2002, 04:11 (Ref:449583)   #13
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They are running 6 or so Maserati Trofeo's in Group 2. As for Group 1, why wouldn't they continue with Bowe in the Ferrari?
Old 14 Dec 2002, 05:29 (Ref:449617)   #14
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Strictly speaking PHR have committed to nothing. The noise they have generated suggests that they would be interested in running a number of the Maseratis in 2003 presuming lease/pay drivers can be found, but the issue of the 6 F360's with no homes would possibly restrict this opportunity.

Mr Teulan has the yellow ex-RPM Ferrari for sale, so perhaps he knows more than we do at the moment...

Veloqx motorsport in the UK is looking to expand its program (previously supported technically by PHR) and the loss of Paul Cruickshank weakens the technical base of PHR quite considerably...

Not saying anything is right or wrong, just that all is not always as it may appear
Old 15 Dec 2002, 11:14 (Ref:450284)   #15
the man
Veteran

Isn't John Bowe running in his Ferrari 360Gt next season
Old 15 Dec 2002, 11:54 (Ref:450330)   #16
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
I was suprised when i saw the Teulan Ferrari for sale. I thought that PHR owned all the cars and the drivers paid money to PHR to race them.

I guess Teulan owned the car, maybe he is planning a new car for 2003.

Also according to a post off procar it seems Jim Richards will be there in 2003 in an RS provided he can get the sponsership.
Old 15 Dec 2002, 19:58 (Ref:450576)   #17
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
I thought similarly racer69, however it seems Mr Teulan is an owner in the PHR business, so maybe this is how the purchase was structured for some reason....

Mr Teulan had 2 different F360 Ferraris this season, one where the gearbox was shifting automatically without any driver help (and 2 top to toe rebuilds couldnt find the fault, so he got a new car)....

I heard the RS Porsche thing too, but its not the car that can beat the Ferraris... certainly not if its the Simsmetal version from the 24hr...
Old 15 Dec 2002, 22:42 (Ref:450686)   #18
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
LOL, but surely it would be a bit expensive to turn a brand spanker new Porsche into a paperweight? Remember the Bosanjak-Amaroo Porsche was brought back from the cubelot and is still trudging around..

Still, it will be interesting to see how many folks are going to front for the Carrera Cup..
Old 15 Dec 2002, 22:47 (Ref:450692)   #19
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
The Bosnjak car is still for sale, Geoff Morgan still has the vehicle in question, fully restored....
Old 16 Dec 2002, 08:00 (Ref:450890)   #20
the man
Veteran

Maybe John Tuelan has had enough with the Ferrari's an has decided to have a different approach ( i.e driving a maserati) or he is going to sell the two Ferrari's and going to put that money towards the team for the 24hr or something like that
Old 16 Dec 2002, 08:36 (Ref:450906)   #21
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Not toally sure, the car that Tom Waring bought from PHR was worth US$200k brand new, given that this one is a bit older and more used, I would imagine its worth has fallen to oh, US$150k...

The PHR mob lost a lot at the 24 hr, 2x Faz 360 N-GT engines at A$120k a pop, a 2001 Porsche 911 RS @ $250k plus all the bits they kept putting in the other 911 they eventually ran.... I dont think the one Faz Mr Tuelan is selling would scratch the surface on those losses
Old 16 Dec 2002, 12:49 (Ref:451074)   #22
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
But I don't think anyone involved in the PHR business are short of dough. Algadri is a billionaire (or say they say) and Teulen has been involved in some of the best properties in Brisbane, and I see he is a part of the consortium trying to get Will Power set up overseas.
Old 16 Dec 2002, 23:55 (Ref:451505)   #23
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
How many Ferrari challenge cars do PHR own? and why would they be selling only one of the cars rather than the lot, seeing as they are supposedly changing to Maserati's.
Old 17 Dec 2002, 00:04 (Ref:451509)   #24
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
I understood from a Motor article that showed the world thru the PHR workshops at Sunshine that there were 8x F360 Ferraris owned by PHR... the 2x N-GT Michelotto versions, and 6 of the challenge cars, one of these would be Teulan's car....

If you flood the market locally the price will fall, possibly the outlet for these cars is back in Europe...
Old 17 Dec 2002, 00:18 (Ref:451521)   #25
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
Is there anywhere for them to race over there though. They are below N-GT specs, and as it was they were old Challenge series cars. Maybe in the GT Cup class in the British GT series?

Heard from someone not really in the know but has been right about stuff before, that if they do race there will be 3-4 Maserati's, 2 360GT's and maybe a GT3RS Porsche. Be interesting if this turns out to be the case.