Old 9 Nov 2009, 19:56 (Ref:2579118)   #1
brands hatch
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kent
brands hatch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Race car live Brands hatch Question

Hi all,

Just a quick question about race car live at Brands on the 21st/22nd, probably for those who have season passes etc...

I couldn't Make it last year, and despite what i have heard people say about it I am going to go!

....so my question...Does anyone know if my 4 wheel season pass will get me into Race Car live, or will I have to pay the £15?

Thanks
Old 9 Nov 2009, 19:58 (Ref:2579119)   #2
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
If your pass wont let you in go to the marshals forum here and save your money.
Old 9 Nov 2009, 20:03 (Ref:2579126)   #3
brands hatch
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
If your pass wont let you in go to the marshals forum here and save your money.

had seen that...but I believe you have to fill a form in (on the ticket) and you have to put in your MSA licence number etc??, which sadly I don't Have!
Old 9 Nov 2009, 20:23 (Ref:2579138)   #4
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Just make it up, it's a six digit number and if you start it with a 1 you wont go far wrong. There will be no way of checking up on the day and it's all a bit chaotic anyway.
Old 9 Nov 2009, 20:35 (Ref:2579146)   #5
brands hatch
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kent
hmmm...sounds like a good Idea! (If the pass doesnt get me in)

Thanks
Old 9 Nov 2009, 20:40 (Ref:2579150)   #6
The SpeCTator
Veteran

United Kingdom
South East - England
The SpeCTator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I dont think your pass will let you in, follow advice given previously
Old 9 Nov 2009, 20:56 (Ref:2579157)   #7
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
I dont think the having to fill out name,address and licence number thing is to keep the riff raff out, it's all done for marketing.
Old 9 Nov 2009, 21:39 (Ref:2579177)   #8
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
thing is to keep the riff raff out,.
I take it you won't be going then Tim !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 9 Nov 2009, 21:55 (Ref:2579191)   #9
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

Burnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Just make it up, it's a six digit number and if you start it with a 1 you wont go far wrong. There will be no way of checking up on the day and it's all a bit chaotic anyway.
To quote from the letter I received: "By completing the information in the box on the ticket below, and bringing it with you together with your MSA licence you will be entitled to free entry to RaceCar Live".

I haven't been to the show before so I'm just going by what I read, but from their letter it seems as if the ticket itself isn't enough to guarantee free admission. I could be wrong though!

And my ticket is still free to a good home, so if anyone wants it send me a PM.
Old 9 Nov 2009, 23:13 (Ref:2579226)   #10
Elio
Veteran

Elio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This comes up every year....

I wouldn`t take this as gospel but I have a feeling that the scenario is thus...... You can drive through the front gates and park up and spectate for free. I do not tend to recall any admin control staff on the front gate in previous years. The charge is levied at the pedestrain tunnel to the pits where (usually) a tent appears with various signing on paraphanalia inside.

This was the case when it was an MSV event, and as far as I can recall this was the case last year, even though it is now a kind of quasi MSV-London Motorsport Show event.

I am not envisaging any problems getting IN, but whether I try to blag/smuggle my way in to the pits I haven`t decided - prob won`t bother, I rarely do.

To a speccy that doesn`t venture into the pits, I would liken RCL! to a sessioned trackday, but with road cars replaced by race cars (and a small number of formula cars). If you like just watching, or taking pics, it will keep you occupied for at least a morning, or an afternoon. You will also be privileged to the dulcet tones of Mr Brian Jones chatting away as he rambles up and down the pit lane.

If I un-earth anything to the contrary with regards admissions then I will post it here. Easiest thing is to either ask admin control or security at the front gate this weekend and see what they are planning. Between them all someone may know, or if they don`t then tell `em to find out so you can ask again on your way out !!!! That`s what I`ll do !!!!
Old 10 Nov 2009, 15:09 (Ref:2579569)   #11
brands hatch
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elio View Post
I wouldn`t take this as gospel but I have a feeling that the scenario is thus...... You can drive through the front gates and park up and spectate for free. I do not tend to recall any admin control staff on the front gate in previous years. The charge is levied at the pedestrain tunnel to the pits where (usually) a tent appears with various signing on paraphanalia inside.

I am not envisaging any problems getting IN, but whether I try to blag/smuggle my way in to the pits I haven`t decided - prob won`t bother, I rarely do.

To a speccy that doesn`t venture into the pits, I would liken RCL! to a sessioned trackday, but with road cars replaced by race cars (and a small number of formula cars). If you like just watching, or taking pics, it will keep you occupied for at least a morning, or an afternoon.
Between them all someone may know, or if they don`t then tell `em to find out so you can ask again on your way out !!!! That`s what I`ll do !!!!

Ok thanks for the info. I will ask this Saturday and see what they say. If the pass wont let me in I will most likely just spectate. But we will see...thanks all
Old 10 Nov 2009, 21:31 (Ref:2579762)   #12
Rod Birley
Veteran

England
West Kingsdown (near Brands Hatch)
Rod Birley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This year it is advertised in the Brands Hatch fixture book, so I think your pass may well admit you.
Old 10 Nov 2009, 21:39 (Ref:2579769)   #13
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
I take it you won't be going then Tim !
The way you edited that sentence Gordon you should be working for the sun not sitting under it.
Old 11 Nov 2009, 22:37 (Ref:2580425)   #14
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
The way you edited that sentence Gordon you should be working for the sun not sitting under it.
Actually I'm not in the sun for another month, so I'll probably put on my thermals and overcoat to see the fun at a freezing cold Brands on Saturday Brrrrrr !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 11 Nov 2009, 22:57 (Ref:2580438)   #15
Rod Birley
Veteran

England
You just want to see if uncle Eric can win the Meldrew trophy again.
Old 11 Nov 2009, 23:14 (Ref:2580448)   #16
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Birley View Post
You just want to see if uncle Eric can win the Meldrew trophy again.
Have they let him out for the weekend ?
I remember last year his colostomy bag burst and caused him to slide off the track !
Old 11 Nov 2009, 23:26 (Ref:2580461)   #17
Rod Birley
Veteran

England
I think he was trying to get extra points, or sabotage the opposition.
Old 12 Nov 2009, 20:29 (Ref:2581004)   #18
brands hatch
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kent
Hi all,

Just so you are aware I got in contact with the co-ordinators of RCL via their website and I recieved conformation that the Brands hatch pass DOES gain you entry...which is good news

Thanks
Old 15 Nov 2009, 17:45 (Ref:2582373)   #19
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Re licenses / tickets - I've never had to show my license with my ticket to get entry, just showed the ticket ["the ticket" being the one that comes with Motorsport Now].
Old 17 Nov 2009, 21:53 (Ref:2583791)   #20
quantic
Rookie

England
In the ghetto
quantic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone know anything about the 'race cars for sale' section? Apparently it's just a case of rocking up with said car, unloading it and putting a 'for sale' sign on it.. Is it that simple?
Old 17 Nov 2009, 22:28 (Ref:2583821)   #21
brands hatch
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by quantic View Post
Does anyone know anything about the 'race cars for sale' section? Apparently it's just a case of rocking up with said car, unloading it and putting a 'for sale' sign on it.. Is it that simple?
From RCL website: " you are visiting the show and have a racecar for sale, bring it and park it in our ‘Racecars For Sale’ section....its free"

So i believe you do literally just turn up, and display it