Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 29 Nov 2004, 13:58 (Ref:1167044)   #1
Vauxhall Junior
Rookie

Vauxhall Junior should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Race Car Live Brands 4th Dec

Is anyone going to Race Car Live at Brands Hatch on the 4th Dec? The show is ment to encourage more people into motorsport and it's free. I've been asked to display my car at the show and get an hour and a half track time for free. F3, Formula Renault, Formula Palmer Audi, etc are going to be there demonstrating their cars and some ex F1 cars.
Old 29 Nov 2004, 14:17 (Ref:1167058)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Welcome to our friendly forum VJ.

Sadly I won't be there but this sounds like a good initiative. Is it just for "formula" cars or are there saloon and sports cars too?
Old 29 Nov 2004, 14:33 (Ref:1167065)   #3
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Tin tops are included IIRC - I would be surprised if you couldn't find out more on the MSV website.
Old 29 Nov 2004, 14:37 (Ref:1167074)   #4
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've posted the link in Trackside.
Old 29 Nov 2004, 15:03 (Ref:1167089)   #5
Vauxhall Junior
Rookie

If you go onto the offical Brands Hatch website it tells you which clubs are going and explains what the day is about.
Old 29 Nov 2004, 15:10 (Ref:1167092)   #6
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I shall be going. There will be some Ginettas there.

I think it is only free to competition licence holders.
Old 29 Nov 2004, 15:15 (Ref:1167097)   #7
Vauxhall Junior
Rookie

It's free for everyone to watch the track from the spectator viewing areas. If you want to go into the the paddock area it's free for competition licence holders and £10 for the general public.
Old 30 Nov 2004, 11:10 (Ref:1167921)   #8
Liam22
Rookie

Liam22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
SELOC and BMWRDC will be displaying their tin-top BMW racers
Old 1 Dec 2004, 21:32 (Ref:1169373)   #9
Triple J Motorsport
Veteran

England
Burgess Hill W Sussex
Triple J Motorsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am going, having a look at the new MAX5 Championship cars

3rd 2009 & 2012 FFZetec festival final
Old 2 Dec 2004, 00:39 (Ref:1169467)   #10
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Was considering it, but can't, as I thought it was on Sunday. But it's on Saturday, when I'm working, so I'd have to leave 2.30 at the latest...
Old 2 Dec 2004, 06:42 (Ref:1169515)   #11
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
if you are just a member of the public then subscribe to MSV and you get in the paddock free - saves you a tenner
Old 2 Dec 2004, 07:32 (Ref:1169526)   #12
RickP:Clio51
Veteran

England
Zurich
RickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there! Helping the wife out on the Stand 21 display. So stop by for a chat, introduce yourselves and we'll see if we can persuade her to do 10-tenths members a small discount on some of her rather marvellous racing gear!
Start choosing your Xmas pressies to yourself now on www.stand21uk.com!
Cheers
RickP
Old 2 Dec 2004, 07:50 (Ref:1169534)   #13
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Blatant advertising there Rick. Hope you're on commission.

Pass on my regards to Julie.
Old 2 Dec 2004, 20:24 (Ref:1170177)   #14
RickP:Clio51
Veteran

England
Zurich
RickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was wasn't it?

Apologies ;-)

At least I do wear the stuff myself in the LMES!

RickP
Old 2 Dec 2004, 21:59 (Ref:1170318)   #15
Simon Mason
Rookie

Ireland
Northampton
Simon Mason should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by RickP:Clio51
Was wasn't it?

Apologies ;-)

RickP
hrug:
Old 2 Dec 2004, 22:01 (Ref:1170323)   #16
Simon Mason
Rookie

Ireland
Northampton
Simon Mason should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by RickP:Clio51
Was wasn't it?

Apologies ;-)

RickP

Old 4 Dec 2004, 18:54 (Ref:1170795)   #17
Jamie P-E
Racer

Jamie P-E is a back marker
i went today and what a load of **** all it was was a glorified test and i have never seen so many teams looking bored
Old 4 Dec 2004, 19:20 (Ref:1170810)   #18
Elio
Veteran

Elio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just to even things out a bit.... I went as well and thought it was really quite good!

Firstly - very impressed with the turnout given how recently it was anounced. Also impressed with both MSVs presentation, and the Series organisers` efforts that were put into presenting their own particular series. Lots of plasma screens, videos, advertising and so on. Even the smaller series, like Monoposto for example, made a really good effort.

Secondly - a very good and varied selection of cars (and drivers) and a couple of doses of "F1" in the form of the ever-impressive Scott Mansell.

Thirdly - free reign of the entire GP Paddock (at no cost seeing as I was subscribed to MotorsportDirect) which was nice.

As for the action.... Well, in essence it was always going to be a "glorified test" really, if you think about it. The single seater sessions were sparse but the Sports/Saloons sessions were rammed and given they only lasted 15 minutes they were pleasantly entertaining to watch.

Personally, I thought it was one of the best "virgin" events I`ve ever seen. When it was first announced I thought it would be canned through lack of interest/support but MSV pulled off a bit of a coup in my opinion. I actually thought I saw lots of smiley faces in and around the pit lane!

I spoke to no teams with regard to what they thought of it but hopefully the response from the Championships/Teams who contributed was positive - please let us know.......
Old 4 Dec 2004, 19:24 (Ref:1170816)   #19
Jamie P-E
Racer

well i wont be going again it was rubbish and a waste of money
Old 4 Dec 2004, 19:37 (Ref:1170826)   #20
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, it was aimed at prospective drivers and teams rather than spectators, Jamie.
Old 4 Dec 2004, 20:19 (Ref:1170855)   #21
Elio
Veteran

I think MSV were quite conscious of the spectator value-for-money with this one. Allowing circuit entry for free (and trackside parking as well don`t forget) was a good idea. If people liked what they saw they could pay a tenner to get "up close" in the pits.

I must admit that until I was told I could get in for free with the MSD subscription I wasn`t planning to go anywhere near the pits.
Old 5 Dec 2004, 01:24 (Ref:1170970)   #22
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Friend of mine went and got a ride in Xero's Corvette. B*****d!!! Why can't I live 5 minutes down the road aswell???
Old 5 Dec 2004, 09:40 (Ref:1171119)   #23
Elio
Veteran

Mike - that`s not a young dark-haired guy normally seen around Brands behind a small silver digicam is it??? (apologies for straying off-topic!!).
Old 5 Dec 2004, 18:58 (Ref:1171531)   #24
Jamie P-E
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Sowman
Well, it was aimed at prospective drivers and teams rather than spectators, Jamie.
With all due respect Ian I did know what it was for and everyone is entitled to an opinion and I was there getting info but I found it very boring
Old 5 Dec 2004, 22:49 (Ref:1171747)   #25
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Snapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

I was there for about 2 hours then had to dash off though could have spent longer but I thought it was a very good turn-out considering that it was only thought of in October. Apparently not all the pit garages were sold and only when they were offered again at a vastly reduced price did they get their full quota. As it was aimed at the club racer it should have been targeted at a reasonable price at the very beggining but anyway it worked and a lot turned out in the end. I spoke to Mr.Palmer and offered him some thoughts on the day which he may well take up for next year! Wont bore you with all the chat as you may read it in Autosport next week(or MN!) but it sounds that it could be worth going to next year if not only to chat with drivers and team owners...no pictures though as my snapping tool was in for repair so used a note book instead!!