Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 2 Mar 2017, 14:33 (Ref:3715823)   #5126
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Paul's always had shady dealings in racing and these have been known. The guy burns me up how many times he's cheated in some way but not punished.

RHR's father is a shady character himself and is the one who funded at least the start of Ryan's career.

Rich guys suing each other for 10 years with lawyers receiving large fees is interesting with regards to the sport but is nothing to get too worked up about, IMHO.
Old 2 Mar 2017, 16:51 (Ref:3715862)   #5127
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeah, it's not like he robbed a church, or something ....
Old 2 Mar 2017, 17:36 (Ref:3715871)   #5128
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
Not quite the same ballpark...
Yet. Paul being as bent as a 2 bob note is well known. It's a matter of time till he's caught at something. I wouldn't miss him from the paddock and I don't miss Tucker.
Old 2 Mar 2017, 17:41 (Ref:3715874)   #5129
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Yet. Paul being as bent as a 2 bob note is well known. It's a matter of time till he's caught at something. I wouldn't miss him from the paddock and I don't miss Tucker.
Oh, don't get me wrong, I don't miss him either, but I don't know enough about PG to tar him with the same brush - although I was surprised that he was Toyota's choice for this programme with so many good options available.
Old 2 Mar 2017, 17:43 (Ref:3715876)   #5130
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
Yeah, it's not like he robbed a church, or something ....
Wrong forum for that discussion, but some would say that's an eye for an eye!
Old 2 Mar 2017, 18:09 (Ref:3715884)   #5131
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Now that I've learned so much more about PG, I'd have to agree. I always thought differently when I was younger, and TransAm was massive in the US. But, when he worked at killing it off I always felt like he was a slimeball.. and now I read, and see things like this, and the last Jaguar program.. and you just know that he is shady as all getout.

Like you said, it's a matter of time, not a matter of if.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 2 Mar 2017, 19:51 (Ref:3715900)   #5132
WolfsburgRS
Veteran

United States
Baltimore, MD
WolfsburgRS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Oh, don't get me wrong, I don't miss him either, but I don't know enough about PG to tar him with the same brush - although I was surprised that he was Toyota's choice for this programme with so many good options available.
I was surprised by the choice as well. You have Derek Walker's team ready and proven with in the GT paddock, which seems a no-brainer over RSR.
Old 2 Mar 2017, 19:58 (Ref:3715905)   #5133
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfsburgRS View Post
I was surprised by the choice as well. You have Derek Walker's team ready and proven with in the GT paddock, which seems a no-brainer over RSR.
100% agree.... a very confusing choice. Unless Wlaker turned them down based upon how they planned to run the program and said, "no... I want a long term commitment, not a one year deal"
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 2 Mar 2017, 20:09 (Ref:3715910)   #5134
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
It's a one-year factory backed deal. Not just a one-year 'that's it' deal.
Old 2 Mar 2017, 21:13 (Ref:3715928)   #5135
Dyson Mazda
Veteran

United States
Charlotte, NC
Dyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I still have no clue why as a manufacturer you look at all of the open GT teams (AJR, Flying Lizards, TRG, Walker, etc.) you say "Yes" we are going to go with Paul Gentilozzi.
Old 2 Mar 2017, 21:15 (Ref:3715929)   #5136
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMedic9019 View Post
100% agree.... a very confusing choice. Unless Wlaker turned them down based upon how they planned to run the program and said, "no... I want a long term commitment, not a one year deal"
It makes me think about the teams and cars that we have seen in recent years that we don't see anymore in the IMSA series? Who is it that you really miss?

For me I miss
1) Dodge Viper factory team (red car with white stripes)
2) Falken Tire Porsche (among the all time iconic teams of ALMS)
3) Magnus Racing (did you notice no Daytona stream commentary this year)
4) Flying Lizard (another ALMS icon)
5) Level 5....actually no...just kidding on that one
Old 2 Mar 2017, 23:11 (Ref:3715961)   #5137
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
It's a one-year factory backed deal. Not just a one-year 'that's it' deal.
Which isn't a problem if you can find the funding to continue.
Old 3 Mar 2017, 00:20 (Ref:3715974)   #5138
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
It makes me think about the teams and cars that we have seen in recent years that we don't see anymore in the IMSA series? Who is it that you really miss?

For me I miss
1) Dodge Viper factory team (red car with white stripes)
2) Falken Tire Porsche (among the all time iconic teams of ALMS)
3) Magnus Racing (did you notice no Daytona stream commentary this year)
4) Flying Lizard (another ALMS icon)
5) Level 5....actually no...just kidding on that one
1. Oreca run, was awesome while it lasted. Carsport failed at it(I was part of that mess) GT2 idiocy with that CC from Primetime was hilariously bad, and then SRT GTE which I miss dearly.

2. Yes. Wished that had continued for years.

3. Meh... I felt they were more comedy schtick than success, but I know many miss them. I don't really know if I care.

4. They should have gotten Core's program.

5. Who cares. Didn't like them then, sure as hell don't miss them now.
Old 3 Mar 2017, 02:19 (Ref:3715989)   #5139
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
A very long history of not paying drivers.
Old 3 Mar 2017, 14:59 (Ref:3716130)   #5140
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Wrong forum for that discussion, but some would say that's an eye for an eye!
http://c8.alamy.com/comp/C0MP25/race...irk-C0MP25.jpg

Do you remember the story, Rodger?

Chris
Old 7 Mar 2017, 17:40 (Ref:3717084)   #5141
WolfsburgRS
Veteran

United States
Baltimore, MD
Looks like 3GT has now been named...

http://www.racer.com/indycar/item/13...lozzi-3gt-case

Lexus has some thinking to do. I presume they have a contract with 3GT, as do the drivers so I doubt they can simply move to a new team without a legal battle and a bunch of time (and races) lost. Would it be a case of stop racing for the year and go somewhere else for 2018?
Old 7 Mar 2017, 17:44 (Ref:3717087)   #5142
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
Quote:
Looks like 3GT has now been named...

http://www.racer.com/indycar/item/13...lozzi-3gt-case

Lexus has some thinking to do. I presume they have a contract with 3GT, as do the drivers so I doubt they can simply move to a new team without a legal battle and a bunch of time (and races) lost. Would it be a case of stop racing for the year and go somewhere else for 2018?
As a brand, they have to be looking at this stuff very seriously. I'd probably take the hit and terminate the contract now. I'm sure there is language in there to given them an out without a hit, it would be a pretty massive fail on the part of Toyota(Lexus')legal department to not put that in there. I suspect the drivers have the contract with Lexus and not 3GT... this, at least on the surface, appears to be a "we are using your team/equipment/resources but the rest is ours".

Who's to say that Lexus wont just pull the plug and find a new suitor? Plenty to be had.
Old 7 Mar 2017, 18:14 (Ref:3717095)   #5143
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMedic9019 View Post
As a brand, they have to be looking at this stuff very seriously. I'd probably take the hit and terminate the contract now. I'm sure there is language in there to given them an out without a hit, it would be a pretty massive fail on the part of Toyota(Lexus')legal department to not put that in there. I suspect the drivers have the contract with Lexus and not 3GT... this, at least on the surface, appears to be a "we are using your team/equipment/resources but the rest is ours".

Who's to say that Lexus wont just pull the plug and find a new suitor? Plenty to be had.
I'm a little surprised one of the parts of the discovery process in finding a team wasn't "What is the character of this organization and its leadership?" Or better yet "Do they have any impending or ongoing litigation?" Or perhaps a phone call to some old friends in the paddock (this isn't Lexus' first IMSA/GA rodeo) to ask "Should we be getting into bed with 3GT?"

Chris
Old 7 Mar 2017, 18:57 (Ref:3717100)   #5144
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonerz View Post
I'm a little surprised one of the parts of the discovery process in finding a team wasn't "What is the character of this organization and its leadership?" Or better yet "Do they have any impending or ongoing litigation?" Or perhaps a phone call to some old friends in the paddock (this isn't Lexus' first IMSA/GA rodeo) to ask "Should we be getting into bed with 3GT?"

Chris
Right? It was a very bizarre choice to begin with, let alone one to continue pursuing even with the ongoing litigation.

I guess it's plausible that they got a snowjob from the PG legal team that these issues were being resolved, or something. But still, as a company THAT big, I'd be rather wary of any problems in regards to my brand. Because now, you look like you screwed up, and there are questions on the programs tenure.

Lexus needs to save face, and pull out. Then, drop a press release that says you didn't care for the negative press, or it was harmful to your brand, or something....anything that separates you from 3GT/PG and legal problems cleanly.
Old 7 Mar 2017, 19:08 (Ref:3717102)   #5145
WolfsburgRS
Veteran

United States
Baltimore, MD
From everything I've ever heard from friends inside the industry working at the team level, is that overall the paddock is a pretty small place and the guys with the bad reputations are pretty well known by everyone. I'd heard comments from a buddy of mine about PG not being on the up and up when he was running the Jaguar program years ago. I think the reason why no one speaks up is that you never know where your next paycheck might come from so like mom used to say 'if you can't say anything nice about someone it's better to say nothing at all.'
Old 7 Mar 2017, 19:11 (Ref:3717103)   #5146
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Is Derrick Walker still looking for work per chance...?
Old 7 Mar 2017, 19:51 (Ref:3717107)   #5147
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
Quote:
From everything I've ever heard from friends inside the industry working at the team level, is that overall the paddock is a pretty small place and the guys with the bad reputations are pretty well known by everyone. I'd heard comments from a buddy of mine about PG not being on the up and up when he was running the Jaguar program years ago. I think the reason why no one speaks up is that you never know where your next paycheck might come from so like mom used to say 'if you can't say anything nice about someone it's better to say nothing at all.'
It's minuscule. Not small. But, yeah, that's totally the case. For some of us, that paycheck never came and we bailed. Thanks GRT.
Old 7 Mar 2017, 22:08 (Ref:3717139)   #5148
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
3gt changed names from before and seemingly think they're safe from the latest attacks from RHR. Maybe they convinced or were the only taker of the Lexus?
Old 7 Mar 2017, 22:37 (Ref:3717144)   #5149
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
3gt changed names from before and seemingly think they're safe from the latest attacks from RHR. Maybe they convinced or were the only taker of the Lexus?
PG's kids have 20% each in 3GT, PG holds 60% I think... you can change your name all you like, but.....
Old 8 Mar 2017, 01:49 (Ref:3717164)   #5150
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
I wonder if after 10 years of legal fighting if the money spent on attorneys is greater than the 3 million owed. I actually think I'd rather associate with gentilozzi than a lawyer, lol.