Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 6 Jun 2002, 11:22 (Ref:306229)   #1
gilles_is_god
Rookie

gilles_is_god should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Steven Kane Leaving Mackie

I just read in autosport this morning that Steven is leaving Mackie, does anyone know why this is??
So far this season I though he was doing quite well, better than his old rivals anyway. He is in the most competative ever year of Formula Reanult and has been in a points scoring position in each race.
Tom Gaymor who was his main rival last year is now a midfield driver in the least competative year of formula ford, and Clivio Piccione who deffinately has no shortage of money is leaving no impression at all.

What does Steven think he is, God?? I think he should just stick at it with Mackie and I think he will be on the podium by the end of the season and next year he will win it.
Old 6 Jun 2002, 12:47 (Ref:306343)   #2
Mackmot
Veteran

United Kingdom
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Mackmot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I quite agree that steven will be on the podium soon if he sticks with it and I think steven knows this. Currently the only problems we are having is that his sponsor doesnt agree.

I think his sponsor simply gets a piece of paper with the results on and doesnt see that he is getting better all the time.

Also he missed the snet test cos he didnt think we'd have his car ready in time but we did and he missed the race cos of a funeral.
Old 6 Jun 2002, 13:47 (Ref:306415)   #3
Fan
Veteran

Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mackmot, am I right in thinking that Steven's main sponsors are the BRDC and his fathers trailer company? Haven't seen anything else on the car.
Old 6 Jun 2002, 13:50 (Ref:306418)   #4
Mackmot
Veteran

United Kingdom
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Mackmot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
His main sponsor is currently classified information sorry.
Old 6 Jun 2002, 13:57 (Ref:306422)   #5
av8rirl
Veteran

Ireland
Ireland
av8rirl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are you sponsoring him? Why would someone sponsor him if they weren't seen to be sponsoring him? Thats rather like buying a Ferrari and hiding it... Why???
Old 6 Jun 2002, 14:13 (Ref:306431)   #6
Fan
Veteran

Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No worries, I understand. MackMot, were you the chap riding around on the team scooter most of Sunday?
Old 6 Jun 2002, 14:43 (Ref:306446)   #7
Clyde Ankle
Rookie

Clyde Ankle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If the BRDC is Kane's main sponsor I can understand why they would not be happy about seeing their Young Driver of the Year at the lower end of the points table.

Maybe this would be a good opportunity for him join the FFords. Earlier this year he made the bold statement that there was no point in competing in the FFord Championship because he would have no problem beating eveyone in it (on the basis he had done so already).

It would certainly liven up the Championship giving Barber some competition.
Old 6 Jun 2002, 21:29 (Ref:306745)   #8
TVR
Rookie

TVR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kane is not as good as Barber or Heylan, and he just Should not have been the Autosport young driver, The BRDC are not a happy lot with him .
Old 6 Jun 2002, 21:36 (Ref:306750)   #9
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i don't think we're the ones to take away his young driver title. what do we know (except wayne), except what we see on timesheets and in autosport?
you can't expect anyone but the most godly talents to acheive loads in their first year with a new team (nothing personal, lads). everyone's got a lot of learning to do, and i think everyone needs to deal with that. mind you, when sponsors have been promised one thing as a way of extracting paper money out of them, and they're not seeing it, in a way they've got a right to object.
i don't think steven thinks he's god, going back to the original post. the two non-finishes have been a bummer, but hey. sh*t happens.