Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 1 Dec 2009, 17:12 (Ref:2592392)   #51
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It happened in stock hatch too, brand new shells, blueprinted engines, stupid tyres that have no relevance to Stock!

Rallycross is one of those sports that people steal amile in the rule book, was different when rules were slacker due to the huge variety of cars involved.

I think this class has potential, much like Super Modified until people started using BTCC engines etc.

People will always push class rules, its motorsport nature, up to rule makers to design rules that are not easily bendable. Otherwise you WILL get someone turning up in a 22B or something"!
Old 1 Dec 2009, 20:34 (Ref:2592515)   #52
MESHGA
Racer

MESHGA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The regs issued are only provisional so lets The eyes and ears have taken notice and amend the current set
with something more realistic
Old 2 Dec 2009, 11:30 (Ref:2592773)   #53
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Otherwise you WILL get someone turning up in a 22B or something"!
Taking a 22B (or any other special edition Scoob) onto a rallycross circuit would not only be a tad unsporting, but total sacrilege!
Old 2 Dec 2009, 11:56 (Ref:2592796)   #54
Chessmsport
Racer

England
Eastbourne
Chessmsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
It happened in stock hatch too, brand new shells, blueprinted engines, stupid tyres that have no relevance to Stock!

Rallycross is one of those sports that people steal amile in the rule book, was different when rules were slacker due to the huge variety of cars involved.

I think this class has potential, much like Super Modified until people started using BTCC engines etc.

People will always push class rules, its motorsport nature, up to rule makers to design rules that are not easily bendable. Otherwise you WILL get someone turning up in a 22B or something"!
That is exactly why motorsport is expensive, and money goes along way to being competive, and why no formula is as cheap as people imagine.
Old 2 Dec 2009, 12:00 (Ref:2592799)   #55
MESHGA
Racer

Agree with you there! But i doesnt help if the rules let cheque book racing happen!
Has anybody had any other ideas how to stop" money talking " for the regs in this class?
Old 2 Dec 2009, 12:07 (Ref:2592809)   #56
Chessmsport
Racer

England
Eastbourne
Chessmsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MESHGA View Post
Agree with you there! But i doesnt help if the rules let cheque book racing happen!
Has anybody had any other ideas how to stop" money talking " for the regs in this class?
Whatever you do you have to accept money wins or at least gives an advantage £££££££££££££ .
Old 2 Dec 2009, 12:09 (Ref:2592811)   #57
MESHGA
Racer

yeah i know that but you do have be able to drive to tho!

I
Old 3 Dec 2009, 19:21 (Ref:2593587)   #58
keentowatch
Rookie

Ireland
Northhampton
keentowatch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why dont the people that are interested in competing in this class speak with Peter Stott ref the regulations maybe a way forward would be for the competitors and organisers to sit down together and agree regulations together, and thru out the year keep the meetings up and disscuss ways to keep a control of the class and how to move it forward,,,,
Old 7 Dec 2009, 18:23 (Ref:2595601)   #59
jcrally
Rookie

jcrally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by keentowatch View Post
Why dont the people that are interested in competing in this class speak with Peter Stott ref the regulations maybe a way forward would be for the competitors and organisers to sit down together and agree regulations together, and thru out the year keep the meetings up and disscuss ways to keep a control of the class and how to move it forward,,,,

Sounds like a good plan to me, it would be good to sort it as I am sure there could be plenty of people watching and hoping it does work
Old 7 Dec 2009, 19:48 (Ref:2595637)   #60
MESHGA
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcrally View Post
Sounds like a good plan to me, it would be good to sort it as I am sure there could be plenty of people watching and hoping it does work

Me for one hopes it becomes a great class and i like your idea of sorting the thing out so ideas then?

Still think the £5000 limit MOTed then do limited prep as in safety and maybe uprated shocks and only use road tyres permitted in the MSA Blue Book is the way to go !
Old 7 Dec 2009, 21:29 (Ref:2595717)   #61
flying flynn
Racer

flying flynn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They are good ideas gang,
I believe in cheap sport as it encourages more of us out.
We live in a semi detached house, work at 3 jobs each to pay for our rally/rallycross, we are normal and if its sensible we can come and have a laugh and with a bag full of talent [sometimes] and a bag full of luck, win.
Howevre as its sometimes sunny in the uk, you wont beat a fat wallet on a dry day, so make it where most can afford it.
I have an old Evo 2 that i had a few rally successes with, [down to being brave or stupid] that would be perfect.
But I think I am converting it to cheap supercar, and let Conor go out in the wet, with the Supercars, with hopefully a bag of talent and a bag of luck.

See you there in something next year

Procar 4wd, nominate the cars,[Up to a year] make em go to rollers to be equalised, keep them cheap, one sort of suspension, award a bonus for car prep [to keep the old cars looking shiny]. Bin the Irish rounds for them, to keep costs down, have a meeting of all interested prospects at say Blyton or Mallory to air the views, keep it simple

P

Pat
Old 9 Dec 2009, 21:30 (Ref:2596924)   #62
MESHGA
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying flynn View Post
They are good ideas gang,
I believe in cheap sport as it encourages more of us out.
We live in a semi detached house, work at 3 jobs each to pay for our rally/rallycross, we are normal and if its sensible we can come and have a laugh and with a bag full of talent [sometimes] and a bag full of luck, win.
Howevre as its sometimes sunny in the uk, you wont beat a fat wallet on a dry day, so make it where most can afford it.
I have an old Evo 2 that i had a few rally successes with, [down to being brave or stupid] that would be perfect.
But I think I am converting it to cheap supercar, and let Conor go out in the wet, with the Supercars, with hopefully a bag of talent and a bag of luck.

See you there in something next year

Procar 4wd, nominate the cars,[Up to a year] make em go to rollers to be equalised, keep them cheap, one sort of suspension, award a bonus for car prep [to keep the old cars looking shiny]. Bin the Irish rounds for them, to keep costs down, have a meeting of all interested prospects at say Blyton or Mallory to air the views, keep it simple

P

Pat
Like those ideas as well Pat!!
So whats with MDA championship? anybody?
Old 4 Feb 2010, 20:41 (Ref:2626815)   #63
MESHGA
Racer

As the time has gone by some what!

Has anybody heard if the Regs are approved by the MSA and is there any cars being built? I know there have been comments and disappointments as to how open it is as in age of the car ! so just wondering how it is going?