Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 13 Jun 2018, 09:51 (Ref:3828850)   #1
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by touring fan01 View Post

Gow said it was highly unlikely that any tracks currently outside the BTCC calendar would be added in the near future.

"Given the infrastructure of the BTCC and the demands it places on circuits, the ones on the schedule presently are the only ones that can properly accommodate the championship," he added.

"We are not ignoring the other tracks around the UK, we simply wouldn't be able to fit into them."

This might be a subtle hint to some other tracks, such as Cadwell and Castle Combe that they may be considered if they improved their infrastructure to accommodate the large crowds that attend and the number of facilities that the TOCA package requires to operate successfully for a weekend.
Old 13 Jun 2018, 10:02 (Ref:3828854)   #2
BobJones
Veteran

BobJones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
This might be a subtle hint to some other tracks, such as Cadwell and Castle Combe that they may be considered if they improved their infrastructure to accommodate the large crowds that attend and the number of facilities that the TOCA package requires to operate successfully for a weekend.
Exactly.
Old 13 Jun 2018, 10:18 (Ref:3828861)   #3
mattsmith
Rookie

England
Somerset
mattsmith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I can't see Castle Combe getting a round. The paddock facilities wouldn't be up to scratch for the touring cars and the attitude at Combe has always been that spending that sort of money for the touring cars wouldn't be something they wanted to do.
And then there's the NIMBYs to think about.....
Old 13 Jun 2018, 11:40 (Ref:3828878)   #4
JohnMiller
Veteran

JohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
BTCC at Cadwell!
Old 13 Jun 2018, 12:14 (Ref:3828885)   #5
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:

BTCC at Cadwell would be carnage!
Old 13 Jun 2018, 12:20 (Ref:3828887)   #6
snowen250
Veteran

snowen250 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
BTCC at Cadwell would be carnage!
Personally i'd love to see them at Combe, but then I think of them and all the support series squeezing into quarry corner and think it would rival Cadwell for the carnage!
Old 13 Jun 2018, 17:06 (Ref:3829005)   #7
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I don't read it that way at all. It's a subtle reminder of exactly why the BTCC can't/won't go to other tracks. Something which Gow has explained on more than one occasion.

You would hope it would stop the endless 'why don't you go to [Cadwell / Anglesea / insert circuit of choice]' questions, but seemingly not. Based on comments on some social media it's clear that many fans ever see the headline and don't bother to read full story.
Old 27 Jan 2019, 20:03 (Ref:3880028)   #8
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Thruxton got the extra round for this year because it is a BARC owned circuit and usually pulls in a decent crowd.

They could hardly go back to Brands for a 3rd meeting.
Old 27 Jan 2019, 20:39 (Ref:3880042)   #9
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_l View Post
I think Thruxton got the extra round for this year because it is a BARC owned circuit and usually pulls in a decent crowd.

who or what are your replying to? or did that thought just come out of nowhere
Old 27 Jan 2019, 21:02 (Ref:3880047)   #10
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

Thruxton is my most local track so im pleased, but its also a very awkward track, you can only view around 1/3 of the track, facilities are not the best, its not the easiest place to get in and out of, not everything on the TOCA package can run there and it doesnt really support the ethos of the hard/soft tyre choice within BTCC.

I would rather they had a different configuration of Snetterton or Silverstone
Old 28 Jan 2019, 05:46 (Ref:3880099)   #11
mattcanary
Racer

mattcanary should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by btccbloke View Post
Thruxton is my most local track so im pleased, but its also a very awkward track, you can only view around 1/3 of the track, facilities are not the best, its not the easiest place to get in and out of, not everything on the TOCA package can run there and it doesnt really support the ethos of the hard/soft tyre choice within BTCC.

I would rather they had a different configuration of Snetterton or Silverstone
Went to the BTCC round at Thruxton for the first time in over 20 years last season.
Enjoyed it there - a big crowd, (probably helped by a baking hot weekend), good atmosphere and you can get pretty close to the cars.

Yeah, facilities aren;t the best but that's part of the charm - it doesn;t feel corporate. It is a bit if a bugger to get out of though!
Old 27 Jan 2019, 21:37 (Ref:3880057)   #12
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Robin Marriott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

They couldn’t have gone back to Brands because they use both layouts but there’s other circuits with alternatives which they could have utilised rather than 6 races on the same one.

Oulton, Silverstone, Snetterton, Donington, Knockhill reverse (although that would have been a disaster) all better options in my book, Silverstone would be the best option because it would be a completely different layout rather than just a bit added/removed.

I’m not a fan of Thruxton anyway, yes it’s the fastest circuit on the calendar but it rarely yields racing of any interest, it’s only good when someone has an accident on the quick bits!