Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racers Forum

Old 8 Mar 2001, 13:40 (Ref:69385)   #1
Vandas
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Vandas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So guys with the new season upon us. Hands up who's excited!!! Well Improved Production Cars in Victoria is shaping up to be an interesting year. There is already a professional feel to the year, with a number of team owners selling drives at rounds, and one team picking up professional sponsorship for the year. With last years championship winner moving interstate, and Rohan Ambrose selling his car and concentrating on building a national Spors Sedan, and Bryce Courtney finishing up last year. It leaves the door wide open for anyone of 10 competitors, and it is looking good for us.

I will keep you all posted as to how we go. And hopefully I will finally get that elusive race start this year in Sports Sedans. But I'm happy to keep testing as long as I get to drive the thing, I'm happy. But I wanna feel the pressure of qualifying and the thrill of racing. IT should be awesome. Geez I'm Excited. NOW I SOUND LIKE BIG KEV!!!
Old 9 Mar 2001, 10:31 (Ref:69580)   #2
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Starting? Starting?

I've been covering improved production in NSW for a couple of months now...
Old 9 Mar 2001, 14:12 (Ref:69631)   #3
Vandas
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Vandas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well the victorian racing year for Improved Production Cars hasn't started yet. I have been out testing a couple of times. And we were going to come up your way for the the three race national events which happened not that long ago. However things didn't work out in time. Anyway round one kicks off shortly at Winton but it looks like I will have to sit it out until Phillip Island or whatever is after Winton.

How is the NSW field shaping up this year? Anyone planning to go to Tassie this year for the Nationals. We were thinking about doing the Darwin round, but looks unlikely.
Old 10 Mar 2001, 05:48 (Ref:69783)   #4
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well Improved Production has had some big fields already...even before the championship has started!

The Championship kicks off next weekend at Lakeside, and the talk is that there is going to be a massive field, with it having to be broken up into 2 classes. 45+ cars going around...i can't wait!

I hope that the Phil Laird prepared Commodore hits the tracks...it is an old Commodore Cup car...but with the V8 Engine from the supercar, and the holiger gearbox (with 6th gear disconnected)...Wayne Wakefield tested it and described it as 'dangerous', so they'll have to detune the engine (a lot) before it races.
Old 22 Mar 2001, 12:27 (Ref:73562)   #5
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
He not only tested it, he shortened it! Wayne pronounced the car undriveable. If he can't hang on to it, no-one can!