Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Motorsport Art & Photography

Old 2 Mar 2004, 19:41 (Ref:891604)   #1
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Snapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The new season is upon us...

Ok guys and girls, the new season is now virtually here so lets all have a safe and enjoyable one where ever we go. The forum is all about taking pictures (or painting them!)and it would be great to see the odd one or two. So if anybody wants to submit any pictures then the odd few maybe ok but lets not have dozens of pictures from each weekend asking "are they any good?". If your asking the question then the chances are they may not be! I may submit the odd few every so often now I have the gizmo's but lets not clog up the system and keep postings enjoyable and very readable as they are at the moment. Enjoy yourselves and keep safe!
Old 3 Mar 2004, 00:29 (Ref:891926)   #2
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm nearly set to go...EOS 10D obtained and my wide angle...just still sweating it on which prime lens to get with 12 days to first meeting (it's all down to cost...keep getting stiffed on eBay so may have to bite the bullet and not tell the wife )
Luckily Mallory is first outing so a long lens isnt a priority..camp up at Shaws if necessary

Last edited by PaulSands; 3 Mar 2004 at 00:29.
Old 3 Mar 2004, 10:24 (Ref:892183)   #3
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Baz - have you got your MSA credential yet?
Mine arrived last week, new one for 04 expires September 05! Yours too?
Old 3 Mar 2004, 14:26 (Ref:892408)   #4
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Snapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Don't talk to me about passes! I havn't had my letter of Accred' from my main mag yet despite 3 calls lately! I would have used Ingear but I don't think that will work at the moment with the RAC! Called Jardine PR who's dealing with the Silverstone passes and was told sorry-but youv'e missed the deadline-I kicked up a stink and said what "****!" why havn't you contacted me to tell me this concidering you must have a database with all the pass holders info on? They have now given me a few more days but what Rubbish!! Will give my new 10D & lens (Canon 70-200mm with image stabiliser...a mere £1500, its 1st proper bash in the Kent forrests on the 14th!
Old 3 Mar 2004, 18:16 (Ref:892614)   #5
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Sorry Paul, I think I might have outbid you on a few eBay items. Got outbid myself though
Old 3 Mar 2004, 22:51 (Ref:892929)   #6
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
My problem has been on three seperate ocaasions right at the death the auction being withdrawn...I can only assume cos depite there being no reserve it wasnt looking like right price being achieved...its been as frustrating as hell as at the moment I have a bog standard 70-300mm zoom
Old 4 Mar 2004, 00:46 (Ref:893027)   #7
gi_gav
Veteran

Scotland
gi_gav should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgi_gav should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
which wide angle Paul? I've recently been playing around with a couple with a view to getting one in the near future. Sigma 15-30 was rather nice from what i saw, but i really want a look at their 12-24 and Canon 17-40 f4L
Old 4 Mar 2004, 07:34 (Ref:893198)   #8
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
Its actulally the 15mm f2.8 Fish Eye but I uses it with the hood off to get a full 180 degree frame
Even with my old Sigma it was great for those suicidal tendancy shots at Mallory
http://www.paulsands.streamlinenet.c.../IMG01746.html
http://www.paulsands.streamlinenet.c.../IMG01746.html
and hanging over the edge at La Source
http://www.paulsands.streamlinenet.co.uk/spa/a2.jpg
Old 4 Mar 2004, 08:26 (Ref:893217)   #9
gi_gav
Veteran

Scotland
gi_gav should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgi_gav should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Didn't realise you were allowed to shoot from there at Mallory, but lovely shots anyway!