Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 26 Mar 2008, 11:57 (Ref:2161975)   #1
DJR
Rookie

DJR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dick Johnson Racing

To all contributors of Ten-Tenths.

Hi All,

As A long time Dick Johnson Racing Supporter, I feel that this needs to be put on a public forum so that you can all put the unfounded rumours of Dick Johnson Racings demise to bed once and for all.

Please read the below, This is from Dick Johnson and Charlie Schwerkolt.

There has been a lot of speculation about the financial situation of our team and we are finally in a position to explain the Team's situation in a public forum. Some of you may have already read part 1 of our interview in the latest Auto Action (No. 1282 March 19 - 25, 2008). From where we are sitting, the interview is an honest account of the situation and is a credit to the magazine.
It has been a harrowing few years, but we now have a proper business plan in place that we think will see the team prosper for many years to come. We have formed a totally new entity called Johnson Schwerkolt Pty Ltd where we are 50/50 partners. We have stripped the business of those who have let us down (along with their BS) and we are confident that we have now ensured the financial security of the team. We have a very loyal bunch of staff and supporters who have hung in there through the bad times and who will be with us on the journey to the top. We look forward to sharing this journey with you, our Team Mates.

Our recent win at Eastern Creek proves that we still have the ability to get a car up the front. Our off-season preparations have helped us an awful lot and certainly the guys feel as though the cars are a lot better. And, of course, knowing that their future with the team is in safe hands undoubtedly boosts team morale.

Thanks for reading.

Long Time DJR Fan.
Old 26 Mar 2008, 13:29 (Ref:2162042)   #2
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
congrats to Dick, Will, Steve and the team on getting all this sorted and getting down to business well done at EC and goot luck for the year.
Old 27 Mar 2008, 12:09 (Ref:2162950)   #3
Phase3
Veteran

Australia
Always Amazing, Ever Changing Gold Coast
Phase3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Me smells a PR stunt...........
Old 27 Mar 2008, 20:30 (Ref:2163350)   #4
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phase3
Me smells a PR stunt...........
Nah... never
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 27 Mar 2008, 20:58 (Ref:2163372)   #5
Falcon GT
Rookie

Falcon GT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
PR stunt or not.

It's a hell of a lot closer to the truth than most of the bull**** posts made in this place about DJR.

GTR what exactly is your gripe with DJR??
Get sick of dishing it out to Brad Jones and co??
Old 27 Mar 2008, 22:01 (Ref:2163403)   #6
Peregrine
Racer

Australia
Emu Plains
Peregrine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
Nah... never
Would you like some diff oil to quell the whine ? Some cheese perhaps ?!?!

Old 27 Mar 2008, 22:21 (Ref:2163421)   #7
Sweet Corn
Racer

Sweet Corn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Watch out for an announcement of a new Manager for DJR ,one of the most respected executives of a leading Motorsport organisation is going to join us .
Steve the Meister driver and his apprentice Will. are to be the main beneficiaries of this coup DJR is on the way to super stardom
Old 28 Mar 2008, 00:02 (Ref:2163484)   #8
Bimmerhead
Racer

Bimmerhead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Corn
Watch out for an announcement of a new Manager for DJR ,one of the most respected executives of a leading Motorsport organisation is going to join us .
Steve the Meister driver and his apprentice Will. are to be the main beneficiaries of this coup DJR is on the way to super stardom
Blah, blah, blah.......talk's cheap.
Old 28 Mar 2008, 02:51 (Ref:2163541)   #9
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Quote:
Jean Todt, he has left Ferrari???
Old 28 Mar 2008, 02:55 (Ref:2163544)   #10
BlueBlood
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
BlueBlood should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Racer
Jean Todt, he has left Ferrari???
Actually he has.

He recently stepped down from the position he took at Ferrari after Director of racing.

I don't expect it will be him though.
Old 28 Mar 2008, 03:08 (Ref:2163548)   #11
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
i knew he stepped down and that Luca (can't spell his last name to save my life) took over but i didn't know if he has actually left Ferrari as a car company.
Old 28 Mar 2008, 04:56 (Ref:2163570)   #12
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
i knew he stepped down and that Luca (can't spell his last name to save my life) took over but i didn't know if he has actually left Ferrari as a car company.
You are correct. He stepped down as the Racing Team Princpal. He is now in a senior role with the Ferrari factory for road cars (as opposed to the racing factory).

If it isn't mr Todt, then maybe it's either another Pom or Campbell Little.

Another pom? Well, who could that be? Jackie Stewart... um.... Eddie Jordan... um... Craig Pollock (not a pom but who gives a rats).

Heck it could be a yank! DJR did have a nascar "star" drive at bathurst... Tommy Kendall or something like that. And Dickie himself drove over there.

And Aussies? Well as I said... Campbell Little. What about someone like Fred Gibson? Ah heres a good'n ... Tony Longhurst.
Old 28 Mar 2008, 05:10 (Ref:2163576)   #13
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So I guess all debts were paid then?
Old 28 Mar 2008, 05:45 (Ref:2163589)   #14
bazil
Veteran

bazil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Maybe a case of back to the future???
Old 28 Mar 2008, 06:39 (Ref:2163603)   #15
BlueBlood
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
BlueBlood should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=F J Nedos]You are correct. He stepped down as the Racing Team Princpal. He is now in a senior role with the Ferrari factory for road cars (as opposed to the racing factory).

QUOTE]

On March 18, 2008 Todt resigned as CEO and will assume a "special appointment" within the company's racing department.
Old 28 Mar 2008, 07:47 (Ref:2163621)   #16
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazil
Maybe a case of back to the future???
I thought Mr Cattach wanted to retire?
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 28 Mar 2008, 08:00 (Ref:2163632)   #17
Bullett
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Bullett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Todt is now in the Ferrari Sportscar program

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=104996
Old 28 Mar 2008, 08:15 (Ref:2163643)   #18
Mr Revhead
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Mr Revhead has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
good to hear DJR have something in place to keep going!
iv been a fan ever since i saw the green mustang on TV!

was very pleased to see the recent win, i didnt realise it had been so long!!

Old 28 Mar 2008, 09:16 (Ref:2163677)   #19
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJR
To all contributors of Ten-Tenths.

Hi All,

As A long time Dick Johnson Racing Supporter, I feel that this needs to be put on a public forum so that you can all put the unfounded rumours of Dick Johnson Racings demise to bed once and for all.

Please read the below, This is from Dick Johnson and Charlie Schwerkolt.

There has been a lot of speculation about the financial situation of our team and we are finally in a position to explain the Team's situation in a public forum. Some of you may have already read part 1 of our interview in the latest Auto Action (No. 1282 March 19 - 25, 2008). From where we are sitting, the interview is an honest account of the situation and is a credit to the magazine.
It has been a harrowing few years, but we now have a proper business plan in place that we think will see the team prosper for many years to come. We have formed a totally new entity called Johnson Schwerkolt Pty Ltd where we are 50/50 partners. We have stripped the business of those who have let us down (along with their BS) and we are confident that we have now ensured the financial security of the team. We have a very loyal bunch of staff and supporters who have hung in there through the bad times and who will be with us on the journey to the top. We look forward to sharing this journey with you, our Team Mates.

Our recent win at Eastern Creek proves that we still have the ability to get a car up the front. Our off-season preparations have helped us an awful lot and certainly the guys feel as though the cars are a lot better. And, of course, knowing that their future with the team is in safe hands undoubtedly boosts team morale.

Thanks for reading.

Long Time DJR Fan.

Thanks for the info DJR, and if true it is great news for all involed at DJR Racing. As a very long time fan of Dick ( A team Green member ) I think it would be a sad day for the sport had Dick gone they way people were talking.
The team has turned itself around in the last 6 to 8 months as there results on the track have come.
Lets hope that 2008 will be a DJR year and a FORD year.
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 28 Mar 2008, 09:25 (Ref:2163688)   #20
Gaz170
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast, QLD
Gaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So who has actually gone from DJR?
Old 28 Mar 2008, 12:32 (Ref:2163801)   #21
davester
Racer

davester should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My, Dick is proud of his achievement in this latest announcement (assuming this is legit, not sure down here in Sydney).

Must be a good feeling to get in the poo, start a new entity to effectively shaft the unpaid creditors, and then crow to the motorsport world of your new found financial stability while others that provided services in good faith bleed.

Unfortunately for creditors, by DJ making himself one of the largest creditors, he effectively has the power to vote sympathetically for a peanuts settlement that screws the legitimate third party suppliers.

Yes, it sucks that DJR got into this position in the first place (wish this upon no-one), but to issue a set of statements crowing about financial stability is both ill-timed and a slap in the face to those left out of pocket by his wreckage.
Old 28 Mar 2008, 21:54 (Ref:2164163)   #22
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
i knew he stepped down and that Luca (can't spell his last name to save my life) took over
That'll be Stefano Domenicalli. Luca di Montezemola was already in his current position.

But that's off-topic.
Old 28 Mar 2008, 21:55 (Ref:2164166)   #23
yap
Racer

Australia
Gold Coast
yap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by davester
My, Dick is proud of his achievement in this latest announcement (assuming this is legit, not sure down here in Sydney).
Yep the statement is definetly legit - I saw it myself on the members only section of the DJR forums - posted by a DJR staffer
Old 28 Mar 2008, 22:28 (Ref:2164189)   #24
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by davester

Must be a good feeling to get in the poo, start a new entity to effectively shaft the unpaid creditors, and then crow to the motorsport world of your new found financial stability while others that provided services in good faith bleed.

Unfortunately for creditors, by DJ making himself one of the largest creditors, he effectively has the power to vote sympathetically for a peanuts settlement that screws the legitimate third party suppliers.

Yes, it sucks that DJR got into this position in the first place (wish this upon no-one), but to issue a set of statements crowing about financial stability is both ill-timed and a slap in the face to those left out of pocket by his wreckage.
Unless Dick becomes financial himself, how can he repay the creditors you speak of? And who are these unpaid creditors that have been shafted? Do you have inside knowledge?
Old 29 Mar 2008, 03:04 (Ref:2164279)   #25
davester
Racer

davester should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"We have a very loyal bunch of staff and supporters who have hung in there through the bad times and who will be with us on the journey to the top. We look forward to sharing this journey with you, our Team Mates."

The ones who are truly feeling the pain here are the unsecured creditors, who quite conveniently are completely ignored in this set of statements.
Would you want to engage in business with such an organisation, one that has manouvered itself into a position to cut-off existing creditors?