Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 6 Apr 2008, 08:45 (Ref:2170916)   #1
B24
Racer

Australia
Glebe, NSW, Australia
B24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GT Prologue online. Who's racing?

I picked GTP last week, made my way through some the game then tried my hand at online racing. I never had anything to do with online racing and found it a ton of fun.
Only problem is the element of drivers that take you out in the name of fun.Its ok for a laugh but it does get anoying after a while.
I would like to be involved with some more serious racers who play by the book. A racing league or the likes.
Who else is running GTP online?
What are your thoughts on GTP online?
Where can I sign up into a racing league?

Cheers

Steve
Old 6 Apr 2008, 10:46 (Ref:2171027)   #2
gregc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedford
gregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've been dipping in and out of online since I got the game, and there is a big problem with people ramming and wallriding. Unfortunately, until we can set up private races (which is supposed to be coming in a later update) there's no real point in leagues etc.

That said, I have managed to find some really good fair races, usually by going for the less popular events - I had some great races with someone in the PP500 event at High Speed Ring with the Integra. Shame you can't run PP500 with Pro physics. Going up to the pro races, I've just found sooo many crap drivers who just disconnect when they realise they aren't going to finish anywhere

Bottom line - there's fun to be had at the moment, but you have to find the right event. Roll on private events, that's when GT5P online will really become what it should be
Old 6 Apr 2008, 11:23 (Ref:2171057)   #3
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Its a bit of a mess at the moment. Lots of people crashing into one another, lots of laggers, and lots of people who just "wall ride" which oddly is faster than actually negotiating corners properly.

Wall - riders were also a problem in the TOCA race series which is why I stopped playing online and then totally as it just ruins the whole game.

I hope Polyphony make hitting the wall more of a handicap speed - wise, as at the moment its a bit of a joke.
Old 6 Apr 2008, 12:15 (Ref:2171125)   #4
B24
Racer

Australia
Glebe, NSW, Australia
When you are waiting to enter a race there is something about finding hosts and linking you up for the race.
I will have a look over the next few days to see if you can become a host of races. From there you can weed out the problems then enjoy some decent racing with like minded people.

I havent really noticed the wall riding as yet but will keep my eye out.

I havent finished the 'A class' in the game itself so I cant get up to the higher level online races yet.Mabey by next week...

Hey Sodemo, Im pretty sure I raced against you the other day.
I was in the M3 proto.. The one in front of you.
lol
Old 6 Apr 2008, 15:53 (Ref:2171414)   #5
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Nah, I doubt it, unless you know that my screen name is "fluffy_babyface"...
Old 6 Apr 2008, 23:34 (Ref:2171787)   #6
beau1
Veteran

Wales
Swansea,Wales
beau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I considered buying GT5P the other day but I wasn't sure.
Is it worth the £25?
And is it worth buying when I've already got The Orange Box and a few other games to play though; as well as GTA:IV already pre-ordered?
Old 6 Apr 2008, 23:40 (Ref:2171790)   #7
B24
Racer

Australia
Glebe, NSW, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo
Nah, I doubt it, unless you know that my screen name is "fluffy_babyface"...

lol..
I will keep an eye out.
The kids set up the PS3 and in their wisdom made the user name 'badsmell'!
Dont know how to get rid of it...
Old 6 Apr 2008, 23:42 (Ref:2171791)   #8
B24
Racer

Australia
Glebe, NSW, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by beau1
I considered buying GT5P the other day but I wasn't sure.
Is it worth the £25?
And is it worth buying when I've already got The Orange Box and a few other games to play though; as well as GTA:IV already pre-ordered?
If you are a GT fan, buy it. Its a good game.
Anyhow, by the end of the week you will forget the 25 quid.
Old 24 Apr 2008, 18:29 (Ref:2185941)   #9
TFHarv
Racer

United Kingdom
Sheffield
TFHarv should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its only £19 in some places and once you get into the game and win/buy a few cars the online element gets better too. The penalties introduced make sure that you can still get to the front ahead of the "wall riders". I really love this game on 1080p and will def be pre-ordering gt5 HD.

The dynamics are great too although I found that getting thru a few of the licence elements meant you had to do the exact same cheating that I was frowning on in online mode so think that they should have made those a bit more realistic.

playing it on the controller seems a bit of a disadvantage in this version and I think having a good wheel will pay dividends in this game.

Overall ( having paid £17.99 for my copy ) I think its brill for the cash and the different options ( including drifting which I'm crap at still ) are well worth the money.

If you happen to race against me you will see me as Granet on PS3 network.

Good luck if your trying to get ranked and don't miss the updates as they make it better and better
Old 25 Apr 2008, 00:38 (Ref:2186155)   #10
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I've installed GT5P now, but haven't yet played the UK version, previously I was playing the Japanease edition.

Online my name in JAGUAR1977.
Old 27 Apr 2008, 07:16 (Ref:2187822)   #11
B24
Racer

Australia
Glebe, NSW, Australia
My new online name is gtp_b24

Im at Fuji,Daytona and Suzuka/ 600pp and 700pp a few nights a week

see you around
Old 8 May 2008, 15:48 (Ref:2196978)   #12
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
So is this console only?
Old 9 May 2008, 03:49 (Ref:2197320)   #13
B24
Racer

Australia
Glebe, NSW, Australia
Yes only console.
Old 9 May 2008, 07:12 (Ref:2197404)   #14
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Right, that counts me out then.......