Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 3 Jun 2001, 15:56 (Ref:100580)   #1
Radisichrox
Veteran

United States
New York
Radisichrox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bring Radisich Back!!!

Who thinks Paul Radisich should come back to the BTCC? If he got a works drive he really could kick some butt, as I've seen on Aussie V8s. Bring back some good manufacturers, like Nissan, Toyota, BMW, Ford, then we could really see some good racing.
Old 9 Jun 2001, 15:26 (Ref:103000)   #2
runnyhunny
Racer

runnyhunny should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Paul Radisich is a superstar. I would really like to see him racing in the BTCC, in a competitive car. When he first appeared (in 1993) he was right on the pace.

Sadly, as the Mondeo got worse and worse (latter half of 1994, through to 1997) his talent was wasted. Peugeot were no better for him.

You see, the BTCC has been very unkind to him, and I doubt he would want to walk away from the Oz V8 series for another shot at the BTCC.

I'd still like to see him here though...
Old 9 Jun 2001, 16:36 (Ref:103020)   #3
Radisichrox
Veteran

United States
New York
Absolutley. I think 94 was his best year overall because he was so consistent and had a chance to win the title that year several times. 1 was at knockhill when he flipped out of the race and Paul finished 2nd both times, which was an amazing achievment because he was sick with a virus. I do agree that he wouldn't walk away from the v8s in Australia, but if there was a works car deal waiting for him he should try it for 1 more year.
P.S. 95 was so bad! The car was terrible.
Old 10 Jun 2001, 17:01 (Ref:103424)   #4
Motorsport Fan
Rookie

Motorsport Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't understand why you would want Radisich back as he was nothing speacial he was always at the back in the Ford as on Toca 1 when I play thet he is always around the bottom half of the grid.
Old 10 Jun 2001, 20:58 (Ref:103548)   #5
knowlesy59
Racer

Wales
WALES
knowlesy59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Motorsport Fan
I don't understand why you would want Radisich back as he was nothing speacial he was always at the back in the Ford as on Toca 1 when I play thet he is always around the bottom half of the grid.
a)that was a computer game
b)the car was ****
c)he was a good btcc driver
d)he is meant to be a good driver in oz
e)leave him where he is and support john b&q
f) have a nice day
Old 10 Jun 2001, 21:13 (Ref:103561)   #6
Radisichrox
Veteran

United States
New York
Quote:
Originally posted by Motorsport Fan
First of all the Ford was terrible that year and had trouble. Second that was a computer game. Do you have toca 2? He's better on that.
Old 10 Jun 2001, 21:16 (Ref:103564)   #7
Radisichrox
Veteran

United States
New York
Paul radisich was known as the nicest guy in his era to drive. Besides, he's exciting to watch. We could use some of the old guys back to spice it up.
Old 10 Jun 2001, 21:34 (Ref:103569)   #8
Daz
Racer

Daz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd like to see Paul back in the BTCC but think he's having great fun in the Aussie V8's. Maybe if he was offered a good drive for the 2002 BTCC he might come back.
He is one of the true gents of the BTCC and it's never been the same without him.
Old 11 Jun 2001, 04:29 (Ref:103709)   #9
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
sorry to burst your bubbles people ..but radisich is doing just fine here in Oz..He is in a works ford drive and living on the gold coast and earning alot of money and enjoying his racing as he is very competitive.

i think hes a very good driver and we have welcomed him into V8's and he has been a bonus to the series..i think he has more of a following now than what he ever did in the BTCC and I think he will stay here and play out his days thrashing the heck out of his falcon.

plus he gets to race in his home country of new Zealand racing in this series and that has to be a huge drawcard
Old 11 Jun 2001, 10:39 (Ref:103842)   #10
Radisichrox
Veteran

United States
New York
Quote:
Originally posted by marcus
sorry to burst your bubbles people ..but radisich is doing just fine here in Oz..He is in a works ford drive and living on the gold coast and earning alot of money and enjoying his racing as he is very competitive.

i think hes a very good driver and we have welcomed him into V8's and he has been a bonus to the series..i think he has more of a following now than what he ever did in the BTCC and I think he will stay here and play out his days thrashing the heck out of his falcon.

plus he gets to race in his home country of new Zealand racing in this series and that has to be a huge drawcard
I guess. it would still be pretty exciting to see him back for a few races. I'm glad that he is having fun there because the last couple of years he had in the btcc were terrible, so he really deserves the fun he's having. Let's put it this way, LET'S GO RADISICH! Yeah! Well, tell him i said he rules and good luck.
Old 11 Jun 2001, 12:06 (Ref:103868)   #11
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
read in a magazine that he wants to get back to europe and that radisich is talking to ford in australia to use their connections with Volvo ( as Ford owns Volvo ) to get a drive in next years ETCC alongside Rydell and maybe Menu, his contract with DJR runs out at the end of the year.
Old 11 Jun 2001, 19:33 (Ref:104021)   #12
knowlesy59
Racer

Wales
WALES
Quote:
Originally posted by racer69
read in a magazine that he wants to get back to europe and that radisich is talking to ford in australia to use their connections with Volvo ( as Ford owns Volvo ) to get a drive in next years ETCC alongside Rydell and maybe Menu, his contract with DJR runs out at the end of the year.
this sounds good for all you radisich fans.if volvo enter the btcc he could be gracing our racing circuits once again.hopefully being successful.
Old 11 Jun 2001, 19:36 (Ref:104026)   #13
Radisichrox
Veteran

United States
New York
Quote:
Originally posted by racer69
You gotta be kidding me. That would be awesome if he came back, especially with Volvo.
Old 11 Jun 2001, 19:50 (Ref:104039)   #14
hunttheshunt
Veteran

hunttheshunt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I certainly did enjoy his bust-ups with Ravaglia in '96! He proved then the difference in class between himself and Ravaglia.
Old 11 Jun 2001, 23:43 (Ref:104141)   #15
Daz
Racer

I'll never forget the time after the Brands Hatch race in 1996 where Radisich and Ravaglia had the coming together at Paddock. Pauls conduct in the paddock afterwards was that of a true gent, unlike that of some other BTCC drivers I could mention. Ravaglia was well out of order considering the BBC camera's were recording the interview for broadcast on Grandstand. I could carry on about bad mannered BTCC drivers but will probably upset some people, so I'll leave it until another time.
Old 12 Jun 2001, 00:02 (Ref:104152)   #16
Radisichrox
Veteran

United States
New York
Quote:
Originally posted by Daz
I'll never forget the time after the Brands Hatch race in 1996 where Radisich and Ravaglia had the coming together at Paddock. Pauls conduct in the paddock afterwards was that of a true gent, unlike that of some other BTCC drivers I could mention. Ravaglia was well out of order considering the BBC camera's were recording the interview for broadcast on Grandstand. I could carry on about bad mannered BTCC drivers but will probably upset some people, so I'll leave it until another time.
Definetly, I totally agree. Paul was talking softly and calmly wheras Roberto was yelling in his face. Ravaglia definetly pushed him off that time.
Old 12 Jun 2001, 00:03 (Ref:104155)   #17
Radisichrox
Veteran

United States
New York
Quote:
Originally posted by Daz
Actually it was at Druids. Radisich was on the outside and Ravaglia pushed him off.
Old 12 Jun 2001, 00:10 (Ref:104159)   #18
Daz
Racer

Only one corner off but glad to see someone understands my point about Ravaglia. Shall we now introduce Alain Menu to the thread?
Old 12 Jun 2001, 02:09 (Ref:104200)   #19
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
wow...i didnt know that about "The Rat"
I would have thought he would be happy staying here and not bothered with going back to the UK..oh well whatever he does he will do it very well ...but i hope he does stay here...and for you fans in the UK I hope you can get some coverage of the V8's so you can still get your fill of Radisich
Old 13 Jun 2001, 18:50 (Ref:104850)   #20
hunttheshunt
Veteran

hunttheshunt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Forv the first time ever im sticking up for Alain Menu! I don't believe it! - He was not as bad as Ravaglia! There, said it!
Old 13 Jun 2001, 23:54 (Ref:104936)   #21
Radisichrox
Veteran

United States
New York
Quote:
Originally posted by hunttheshunt
Forv the first time ever im sticking up for Alain Menu! I don't believe it! - He was not as bad as Ravaglia! There, said it!
haha, i agree
Old 14 Jun 2001, 03:14 (Ref:104972)   #22
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
You guys are the personification of wishful thinking. There is absolutely no way that The Rat would go back to BTCC. Why would he? He has a top drive in the V8's, has a ball living on the Gold Coast.

Paul seems to me to be the type of guy who doesn't like having unfinished business. At the moment that's what he has here in Australia. He should have won Bathurst in '99, but he had a tyre puncture and his car broke down. And he hasn't won a whole heap of races yet (although he has been very quick and had some good results). I believe he won't leave the V8's at least until he has more success (the championship or Bathurst), or maybe until he retires.

I doubt he would want to go to BTCC anyway. Only a couple of cars are truly competitive. There is little diversity in events, and the little 2.0 litre front-wheel drive buzz boxes wouldn't be a whole heap of fun to drive (I would imagine).

They are fun to watch though.

The V8s on the other hand have in excess of 600 horsepower, rear wheel drive, are the most competitive touring car series in the world, have the biggest entry list of touring car series in the world, it is growing constantly, and Paul gets to race in his home country.

I can't imagine Paul going over the top of the mountain on the last lap at the end of this year, accepting the cheers of all the psychopathic Ford fans and the boos of the psychopathic Holden fans, before blasting down Conrod Straight at 280 km/h, and then powersliding out of the final corner to take victory in the Bathurst 1000, before climbing out of the car and saying, "gee, I wish I was at Snetterton in that crappy little Ford Mondeo."

Unless he accepts an invitation to do maybe one or two races over there, or unless the V8s have a European race (?), I don't think you folks are going to get a fix of The Rat anytime soon.

I'm sorry but they are the facts. Maybe, you can all come to Bathurst at the end of the year and watch him carve 'em up there.
Old 14 Jun 2001, 07:10 (Ref:105006)   #23
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
if that were true, then why was paul racing those uncompetitive mondeo's and peugeots in the BTCC in 96,97 & 98 after he had driven V8s at bathurst in 93 & 94. He only accepted the DJR V8 drive at the last minute because Peugeot had pulled out of the BTCC and he had tested with Volvo for a seat in their 99 BTCC program but lost out, so then he accepted the DJR drive and only signed a one-year contract so he could get back to europe if something came up. As for unfinished business, he tried for 6 years to win the BTCC and din't win it, and only 3 in the ATCC, and more people want to win the BTCC than the ATCC, and everyone wants to race in Europe where the manufacturers are. I'm Australian but hate the V8s, and hate to see drivers like Ambrose, Besnard, Bright, Steve Richards and Radisich waste their time in our series for no recognition ( 5 litres only get recognised in Oz and NZ ) when they could be racing oversea's.
Sorry Mac, but those are the facts.
Old 14 Jun 2001, 09:41 (Ref:105046)   #24
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well racer, if Australian companies would get behind guys like Ambrose, Bright and Besnard they wouldn't be in touring cars. As for The Rat wanting to be in BTCC, I highly doubt it. I too am not a big fan of the V8s and think it is silly that our "premier" series is a touring car series. I also enjoyed watching the old BTCC when the Oz TV stations decided that we wanted to watch it. The Rat may have tested for Peugeot and taken the DJR ride as a last resort, but people often change their mind. I have no doubt that Paul would rather prove himself in the toughest, most competitive and most exciting touring car series around. One also can't deny the fact of the lure of home for Paul. When he tested for Peugeot, New Zealand wasn't a stop on the V8 calendar, it is now. Bathurst is like a drug, you just keep going back for more. Radisich came close once, he won't stop trying till he wins. And he won't go back unless he gets a top drive that is certain to contest the championship or is promised a connected drive at somewhere like Le Mans or the Spa 24hr.

It certainly is a shame for BTCC fans that he won't be going back because he has proven that he is one of the best touring car drivers around. As I said, you're all welcome to come down and watch him go 'round the mountain.
Old 15 Jun 2001, 17:26 (Ref:105563)   #25
knowlesy59
Racer

Wales
WALES
Quote:
Originally posted by mac
....in the toughest, most competitive and most exciting touring car series around....
i remember the good old days of super touring in the BTCC,and look forward to the good future days of touring and production in the btcc and bpcc.