Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 15 Apr 2008, 19:35 (Ref:2178276)   #1
andyto
Rookie

andyto should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Classic V de V

I see there's V d V on motors TV.... Who's a poet and doesn't knowit.

Saturday afternoon.
Old 15 Apr 2008, 20:10 (Ref:2178300)   #2
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wont be watching,got a ringside seat at Donington.
Old 16 Apr 2008, 09:02 (Ref:2178651)   #3
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
the historic or modern V de V? I sadly wont be at Donington! What are you racing Terry?
Old 16 Apr 2008, 09:33 (Ref:2178681)   #4
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble
the historic or modern V de V? I sadly wont be at Donington! What are you racing Terry?

Everything! I'm in a BMW.[had to lower my standards Simon]
Old 16 Apr 2008, 13:13 (Ref:2178877)   #5
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Simon, I think the answer is historic!

Terry is, I believe, in a course car at Donington! Must speak to John about that!

Stop being rude about BMWs - they stayed true to the front engine, rear wheel drive concept when practically everyone else went to horrible understeering FWD, the very same companies who now complain that BMW have an unfair advantage because they get better traction off the line!!

And, unless someone can justify me leaving this thread here, it will shortly be consigned to Armchair!
Old 16 Apr 2008, 13:35 (Ref:2178901)   #6
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
esper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner
Simon, I think the answer is historic!

Terry is, I believe, in a course car at Donington! Must speak to John about that!

Stop being rude about BMWs - they stayed true to the front engine, rear wheel drive concept when practically everyone else went to horrible understeering FWD, the very same companies who now complain that BMW have an unfair advantage because they get better traction off the line!!

And, unless someone can justify me leaving this thread here, it will shortly be consigned to Armchair!
BMW and armchair? thats the best joke of today (have a good rest then Terry)
Old 16 Apr 2008, 15:36 (Ref:2178986)   #7
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Thats the plan Esper,Johngee has told me he'll be bringing the beers around on a regular basis,dont know if the car has a TV though.
Right,wheres Mr Drabble?

FWD,U/steer,Depends on technique dear boy.But I do agree on RWD John,far better for one's ego.LOL

Last edited by terence; 16 Apr 2008 at 15:38.
Old 16 Apr 2008, 15:45 (Ref:2178990)   #8
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I will be at home with my bad leg up on the sofa watching V de V I guess! My physio told me yesterday that Snett 3 Hour is a non runner by 2 weeks... so I need cheering up! So moral is dont go skiing in the racing season!
Old 16 Apr 2008, 15:50 (Ref:2178995)   #9
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
I would hope that you'll be on the sofa with it Simon.Dont take any notice of the physio,most of them are quacks
Old 16 Apr 2008, 15:57 (Ref:2179002)   #10
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And he hasn't even become a member of my image archive yet, Terry; I thought he'd be the first to join, especially as he's hors de combat!
Old 16 Apr 2008, 16:03 (Ref:2179009)   #11
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
And he hasn't even become a member of my image archive yet, Terry; I thought he'd be the first to join, especially as he's hors de combat!

I think Hors de Combat is a bit strong for such a TIGHT git John,typical BANKER!
Old 16 Apr 2008, 16:17 (Ref:2179018)   #12
simon drabble
Veteran

vanity is a great stimulus to joining! Are you able to post the link again and I will indeed join up!
Terry by good fortune I have found a phsyio with a son who karts so she is on message to get me in the car asap - the consultant is an Aston driver so he is sympathetic as well.. sadly if I do it too soon the meccano will ping out of my leg!
Old 16 Apr 2008, 18:35 (Ref:2179175)   #13
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
vanity is a great stimulus to joining! Are you able to post the link again and I will indeed join up!
Terry by good fortune I have found a phsyio with a son who karts so she is on message to get me in the car asap - the consultant is an Aston driver so he is sympathetic as well.. sadly if I do it too soon the meccano will ping out of my leg!
Have they not heard of "No Nails" Simon
Old 17 Apr 2008, 08:15 (Ref:2179555)   #14
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Quote:
sadly if I do it too soon the meccano will ping out of my leg!
Surely, in your case, Simon, it's leggo!!!

http://www.turnstyleprints.co.uk/
Old 17 Apr 2008, 09:06 (Ref:2179584)   #15
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Surely, in your case, Simon, it's leggo!!!

http://www.turnstyleprints.co.uk/

Steady John,that smacks of a sence of humour.
Old 17 Apr 2008, 10:50 (Ref:2179697)   #16
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
What is this Classic V de V?
Old 19 Apr 2008, 17:59 (Ref:2181491)   #17
simon drabble
Veteran

well if any of you watched it you will probably agree it only showed how good by comparison the GT Racer series was!!! I ended up watching racing at Newbury on Channel 4 half way through instead as it was dire....
however BTCC from Rockingham was far from that - great racing