Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 19 Dec 2008, 16:55 (Ref:2358353)   #1
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Trulli for the push ?

It's only a rumour,but Trulli may have to make way for a Japanese driver.

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns21054.html
Old 19 Dec 2008, 17:37 (Ref:2358375)   #2
Icebaby
Veteran

Icebaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rumour and not fact so can be dismissed.
Old 19 Dec 2008, 17:45 (Ref:2358378)   #3
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
At least for now.
Old 19 Dec 2008, 18:11 (Ref:2358389)   #4
Clive Brown
Veteran

England
North-west Kent
Clive Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does that put a different slant on things , then ?
Old 19 Dec 2008, 18:25 (Ref:2358398)   #5
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Kamui Kobayashi? He was average in GP2 last year (I would actually give it thought whether he should get a Superlicence or not), if they really want someone Japanese the options are Mssrs Yamamoto and Sato - both of which unlikely due to the Honda links.
Old 19 Dec 2008, 18:41 (Ref:2358409)   #6
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive Brown
Does that put a different slant on things , then ?
Toyota big boss thinking: "You make work with honourable Japanese driver or not make work at all!"
Old 19 Dec 2008, 21:13 (Ref:2358497)   #7
TF1 Fan
Rookie

TF1 Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I saw this on another site, someone from Toyota said: ''I have no idea where this idea is coming from. Jarno will be with us next year, there's no doubt about that. We're not aware of problems with the Toyota Driver Program either. That's completely being run by our colleagues in Japan but we haven't heard anything about changes yet.''
Old 19 Dec 2008, 21:23 (Ref:2358504)   #8
OVERSTEER
Veteran

England
Sheffield, England
OVERSTEER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd have thought Nakajima would be a better bet given his experience in F1, and that he's got links with Toyota.

Plus, I think it's highly unlikely Honda will find a buyer, so will potentially provide Jenson with a berth for next year
Old 19 Dec 2008, 21:33 (Ref:2358512)   #9
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nakajima, how did I forget him . He is reasonably good, although either he's pushing too hard and crashing too much or I've vastly underestimated Nico Rosberg.
Old 19 Dec 2008, 22:23 (Ref:2358553)   #10
fanfisique
Rookie

fanfisique has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot
It's only a rumour,but Trulli may have to make way for a Japanese driver.

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns21054.html
There was another rumour about Paffet and PDLR into Force India...and some Brit Media climing Fisi would retire at the end of the season...isn´t that the same source claiming PSA would TAKE OVER Honda F1? (A rumour I deliberately started in another Forum...long way before Media Suspices...with some strange consecuences )

We know what winter rumours are all about...

We are pretty bored without racing...I even had to go to Algarve the last weekend to get my insuline...

Put " Algarve F1" and take a look at some Vids of mine and keep your blood stable...

Last edited by fanfisique; 19 Dec 2008 at 22:25.
Old 19 Dec 2008, 22:55 (Ref:2358570)   #11
Clive Brown
Veteran

England
North-west Kent
Clive Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone know if anything came of Kurt Busch's rumoured Toyota test drive this winter -and I don't mean a JGR Camry !
Old 19 Dec 2008, 23:01 (Ref:2358573)   #12
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
If I remember correctly it got canned.
Old 19 Dec 2008, 23:25 (Ref:2358591)   #13
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke_toaster
If I remember correctly it got canned.
He was about to do it but had to fly home at the last moment because of some event he was forced to do. Wasn't a happy bunny from what I gathered.
Old 19 Dec 2008, 23:53 (Ref:2358604)   #14
TF1 Fan
Rookie

TF1 Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive Brown
Does anyone know if anything came of Kurt Busch's rumoured Toyota test drive this winter -and I don't mean a JGR Camry !
It was Kyle that was suppose to try a demo run over at Fuji, he is hoping for a test next spring but I doubt he will get a chance for a while.
Old 20 Dec 2008, 00:35 (Ref:2358614)   #15
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by fanfisique

We know what winter rumours are all about...
They are to soften the blow of reality.
Old 20 Dec 2008, 02:03 (Ref:2358643)   #16
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Anything could happen and will...
Old 20 Dec 2008, 02:05 (Ref:2358644)   #17
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A blow in all terms, that's what it will be... if it's true.

If it's not, then we'll have more of the same.
Old 20 Dec 2008, 02:32 (Ref:2358648)   #18
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke_toaster
Kamui Kobayashi? He was average in GP2 last year (I would actually give it thought whether he should get a Superlicence or not), if they really want someone Japanese the options are Mssrs Yamamoto and Sato - both of which unlikely due to the Honda links.
He's now the leader of current GP2 Asia winter series, and one of the main favourites for the title.
Old 22 Dec 2008, 00:07 (Ref:2359475)   #19
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Toyota are going to go...
Old 22 Dec 2008, 01:02 (Ref:2359482)   #20
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith
Toyota are going to go...
....banana's ? Come on man,spit it out,let's be knowing.
Old 22 Dec 2008, 10:39 (Ref:2359632)   #21
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I dount they are doing anything otehr than bricking it after announcing their first EVER loss in trading!

So for anyone involved with any team this is bad as Toyota make loads of money, and always have, I would think if anywhere suffers a loss it will be F1 as America is a gigantic market for Toyota, hence their involvement with NASCAR
Old 22 Dec 2008, 20:24 (Ref:2359860)   #22
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
America is cash strapped.
As a market it may never be the cash cow it once was for Toyota.
The future may lie in China and India.

They have made 25 billion in a year.
They have huge cash reserves
While $1.7 is a lot ($330 million loss in the US this year) It is not the end of the world for Toyota.
They need a new busines plan yes.
Maybe having a Japanesee F1 driver will help justify F1 involvment to shareholders...
Old 22 Dec 2008, 20:38 (Ref:2359865)   #23
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teretonga
America is cash strapped.
As a market it may never be the cash cow it once was for Toyota.
The future may lie in China and India.

They have made 25 billion in a year.
They have huge cash reserves
While $1.7 is a lot ($330 million loss in the US this year) It is not the end of the world for Toyota.
They need a new busines plan yes.
Maybe having a Japanesee F1 driver will help justify F1 involvment to shareholders...
As they stated in the last countries meeting the future is BRIC.
Old 23 Dec 2008, 23:15 (Ref:2360493)   #24
fanfisique
Rookie

fanfisique has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot
They are to soften the blow of reality.
Quote:
Toyota has dismissed reports that Jarno Trulli could be replaced before the start of the 2009 season.

The Cologne based squad has already said that 34-year-old Trulli, who switched to the Japanese marque from Renault at the end of 2004, will once again line up alongside team-mate Timo Glock next year.

But there have been rumours from Japan in recent days that the young Japanese Kamui Kobayashi, Toyota's third driver and a GP2 race winner in 2008, is being lined up to replace Trulli with immediate effect.

Toyota also strongly supports Kazuki Nakajima, who is currently placed with the Toyota-powered Williams team.

But team president John Howett told The Times: "We have a contract with Jarno in place."
But in this case...they are just a hard step back from reality.

Old 24 Dec 2008, 12:56 (Ref:2360756)   #25
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by fanfisique
But in this case...they are just a hard step back from reality.

"We have a contract with [insert name of driver here] in place".

I believe that SFW said something similar a while back,when things were not so dependent on other factors.

But we shall see as the situation progresses.