Old 20 May 2009, 19:26 (Ref:2465907)   #1
JackN
Racer

United Kingdom
Norrrrrfolk
JackN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Marshalling at Brands and a sticky idea

Hey.

Ive marshalled at Snetterton plenty of times, but this weekend will be my frist trip as a marhsal to brands, so where do i go to sign on, where to park etc etc? (ive been as a spectator)

Maybe this basic information could be compiled and made into a sticky topic, so that i wont have to post and annoy you all when i want to go to Silverstone or Donington later in the year

Thanks!
Old 20 May 2009, 19:30 (Ref:2465912)   #2
Matt_Ring
Rookie

United Kingdom
Epsom
Matt_Ring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Enter via Scratchers Lane entrance (follow signs for paddock entrance) and sign on is in Hailwoods which is the retaurant at the bottom of paddock hill.

You can park at the top of paddock hill if you have a pass for your car.
Old 20 May 2009, 19:42 (Ref:2465923)   #3
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Jack,
As with most big events at Brands, we are being asked to park in the field opposite Stratchers lane Paddock entrance. Just follow the tango people from there.
Old 20 May 2009, 19:43 (Ref:2465925)   #4
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
5 minutes from the kentagon
Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!
been there done that

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackN View Post
Hey.

Ive marshalled at Snetterton plenty of times, but this weekend will be my frist trip as a marhsal to brands, so where do i go to sign on, where to park etc etc? (ive been as a spectator)

Maybe this basic information could be compiled and made into a sticky topic, so that i wont have to post and annoy you all when i want to go to Silverstone or Donington later in the year

Thanks!
HTH
click here to see where stuff is

I was informed me that even though I could do this for all the circuits quite easily with help from locals, the forum was not the place for it.
Apparently..
http://tentenths.com/forum/showpost....83&postcount=4

Last edited by Bodysnatcher; 20 May 2009 at 19:49. Reason: adding the final link
Old 20 May 2009, 20:15 (Ref:2465939)   #5
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well done Al,
have a good time at Lemons.
Old 20 May 2009, 20:18 (Ref:2465942)   #6
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
http://www.marshalspost.com/circuit/6.html
Old 20 May 2009, 20:33 (Ref:2465953)   #7
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackN View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodysnatcher View Post
I was informed me that even though I could do this for all the circuits quite easily with help from locals, the forum was not the place for it.
It's the kind of useful information that would be better placed in our Wiki under the Marshalling section or in the Circuit Guides section, this is a worldwide forum and if there was a sticky thread then there could literally be pages and pages to read before finding the relevant circuit map and having a separate sticky thread for each circuit would be much, much worse.
Old 20 May 2009, 21:33 (Ref:2466002)   #8
Richard Sneader
Veteran

Scotland
Grays, Essex
Richard Sneader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jack N,
Have you not recived your tickets/ final instructions then for this weekend.
Old 20 May 2009, 21:37 (Ref:2466008)   #9
JackN
Racer

United Kingdom
Norrrrrfolk
JackN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No i've only volunteered today, cause i've just discovered I can do this weekend.
Old 20 May 2009, 23:12 (Ref:2466067)   #10
m1fcf
Veteran

United Kingdom
m1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridm1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnetON View Post
It's the kind of useful information that would be better placed in our Wiki under the Marshalling section or in the Circuit Guides section,
**slightly off topic**

Done for Thruxton [first circuit I had to hand] - could somebody check the link for me, and let me know what they see?

If all is OK, I will add a similar link for the other circuits I have created - http://wiki.ten-tenths.com/index.php...n#Circuit_Info

Ta,
David

Last edited by m1fcf; 20 May 2009 at 23:12. Reason: Doh! Add the link you fool....
Old 20 May 2009, 23:46 (Ref:2466085)   #11
Eric Ridler
Racer

United Kingdom
Timperley,Cheshire
Eric Ridler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you go to the South East Region page of the BMMC website and click on 'Circuits', on the Brands Hatch section there is a 'Marshals Google Map' link.

Click on that and a whole host information pops up, thanks to the kind person that compiled all this for some of the circuits, shame they don't cover every one.
Old 21 May 2009, 08:27 (Ref:2466232)   #12
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Ridler View Post
If you go to the South East Region page of the BMMC website and click on 'Circuits', on the Brands Hatch section there is a 'Marshals Google Map' link.

Click on that and a whole host information pops up, thanks to the kind person that compiled all this for some of the circuits, shame they don't cover every one.
That's what BS was referring to earlier!
I have done one for Oulton too!
Old 21 May 2009, 08:34 (Ref:2466236)   #13
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Ridler View Post

hmm, clicking on the ones for Brands & Snetterton shows they are
a) the one I linked to earlier
&
b) the ones created by me with help from others ( Mark for Oulton...see above, JimW for Donny..)

glad to see them getting put to their intended use

I never finished Lydden because I have'nt been there for ages.

I never added them to 10ths Wiki because I could'nt get my head round using it & it seemed nobody was really interested.
BTW, I was'nt getting at the boss, Magnet is right, too many stickies clutter the place, and we do like the place to be international, not just local brit stuff.

As for other circuits in the country Eric, with help from others I created maps for Oulton,Thruxton,Donnington and to a lesser extent Silverstone & Mallory all in the same basic style. I was trying to get Combe and Goodwood sorted as well. Croft I don't know anybody too well from up there, some goes for Knocky. Mondello I had not started on otherthan bookmarking it's position and sadly Kirkistown lacks a high def photo resolution. I even have some stuff on foreign circuits I have marshalled at, most notably Le Mans becasuse questions always come up.

David, your map looks fine. What I was trying to do was have similar styles and icons across all circuits.
Here's the one we did for Thruxton. click this as you can see, not knowing Thruxton, I did'nt name the posts. If you want to combine the 2, I can give you editing/collaborator rights, just PM me with your email addy.

Last edited by Bodysnatcher; 21 May 2009 at 08:42. Reason: asking David if he wants to join in.
Old 21 May 2009, 08:46 (Ref:2466244)   #14
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Brand View Post
and it pops up again.
Last year I tried emailing the owner of that site to see if he wanted to add them. Never got a reply, did'nt cross my mind just to add the links myself. Thanks Dave.
Old 21 May 2009, 09:05 (Ref:2466255)   #15
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
Just been and checked my maps

in the public domain we have completed maps for
Brands
Snet
Thruxton
Oulton
Combe
Mallory
& Donington (as it is/was)
(I think this means that when you look at a Google map of the area you can search user created content and find the info)

Did'nt mention Anglesey,Pembury or Rockingaham earlier, but they were planned. Last time I looked though, Anglesey was showing the layout that's long gone.
Old 21 May 2009, 09:12 (Ref:2466261)   #16
Paul Mann
Rookie

England
Portsmouth
Paul Mann should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
slightly pff topic...

does anuone know where to find a list of the primary radio frequencies for each circuit so they can be added to the memory of scanners?
Old 21 May 2009, 10:56 (Ref:2466328)   #17
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Mann View Post
does anuone know where to find a list of the primary radio frequencies for each circuit so they can be added to the memory of scanners?
http://www.marshalspost.com/circuits/

Click on the individual circuit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodysnatcher
Last year I tried emailing the owner of that site to see if he wanted to add them. Never got a reply, did'nt cross my mind just to add the links myself. Thanks Dave.
From the Marshals Post home page: "The approach we take is slightly different to other websites - it is you, the user, that contributes to the content. When you sign up, you are then able to enter details on circuits, posts and clubs, and even upload your photos to share your experiences with other users." Just a pity I couldn't get it to recognise HTML tags, so I couldn't post them as proper links.
Old 21 May 2009, 11:25 (Ref:2466343)   #18
Chigley
Veteran

England
Newbury, Berkshire
Chigley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BEWARE MARSHALS POST IS REPORTED TO HAVE A TROJAN ON ITS FRONT PAGE
Old 22 May 2009, 21:19 (Ref:2467322)   #19
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
oops, forgot that Dean had finished off Cadwell
that too should be available, will try and link it into marshalspost.com