Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 17 Jun 2009, 18:36 (Ref:2485388)   #1
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
MG Live 10/11/12 July

I always go to what's traditionally been called MG Car Club Silverstone International Weekend, re-named this year as Coys MG Live. I'm racing one of MGDavid's fleet. Got notification today of a new race, the Coys Double 60 event -

"...A long-distance, two-part endurance race for
Pre-1966 Sports and GT cars, to be held on
the competitive and popular Silverstone
International circuit during the MG Live Race
weekend on 10-11-12 July......

...ELIGIBILITY
Primarily, the grid will be for faster Sports and
GT cars dating from circa 1955 to 1965..."

more information on www.mglive.com including entry fees, phone nos etc, but it sounds an exciting edition to our normal club racing fare. Looking forward to it already!

MM
Old 17 Jun 2009, 18:50 (Ref:2485407)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Was going to Magny Cours but meetings got in the way, so entered in the two 30mins allcomers.

See you there.
Old 17 Jun 2009, 19:00 (Ref:2485415)   #3
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Sadly won't be there as it clashes with Magnicor, and need to stock up with booze.

MGCC Silverstone Inter was one of my first events in 2007 and big end failed in practice for GTS race. Last year went back and clutch hydraulics packed up on warm up lap! (In a bad way- wouldn't release!)

So unfinished business that will have to wait. Really enjoy the International circuit and would be happy if Classic used it instead of GP!

Enjoy it everyone!
Old 17 Jun 2009, 22:01 (Ref:2485553)   #4
JP12
Rookie

England
Bristol
JP12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I will be there all weekend on the MGs-On-Track stand and I've entered the two 30min allcomer races.
Old 20 Jun 2009, 10:42 (Ref:2486880)   #5
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just got mail from Coys telling me the entry fee for the Double Sixty has been dropped £350 to £500 for both races/25 mins of quali.Started me thinking!
Old 20 Jun 2009, 11:09 (Ref:2486889)   #6
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It does sound like good value. Trouble is a lot of the cars will be in France.
Old 20 Jun 2009, 12:33 (Ref:2486927)   #7
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Apparently Coys are having problems filling the grid,that mail is now on the web,I'll wait untill Monday for an update from Coys themselves.Perhaps there will not be as many full-house race cars at Silverstone,most will be over the water.
Old 21 Jun 2009, 17:41 (Ref:2487708)   #8
Derwent Motorsp
Veteran

Scotland
Cumbria
Derwent Motorsp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There is also a 1 hour race for Austin Healey, celebrating 50 years of the 3000, for the John Gott Trophy. Sadly only one GTS race this year due to the proximity of the Le Mans races.
Old 22 Jun 2009, 15:21 (Ref:2488387)   #9
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
esper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I cant find it in the regs, but how beautifull loud can a Healey sing at MGlive?
is there a limit?
Old 22 Jun 2009, 15:24 (Ref:2488391)   #10
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Sadly yes, it's 105dB.
Old 22 Jun 2009, 15:29 (Ref:2488396)   #11
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
I made some ovalfolded megaphones for you to enjoy the music (that was a lot of work). this will mean 2 simons go on (not the Zandvoort whisperers)
But how can we ever educate the MG folks with lovely engine sounds?
Old 22 Jun 2009, 16:01 (Ref:2488414)   #12
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
By giving one of them a drive in the Healey?
Old 22 Jun 2009, 20:14 (Ref:2488547)   #13
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
the scream of a passing healey is way more impressive. but yes some MG fans could enjoy a technical engine apreciation rebirth after years of brprbrpr of the magic B 5 port head. Is that you Terry?
Old 22 Jun 2009, 20:20 (Ref:2488553)   #14
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Well,errrrr,----------------yes,in a word.
Old 30 Jun 2009, 06:49 (Ref:2493682)   #15
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Just saw this on the website:

Quote:
Note: Owing to the poor entry level for the Inter-Marque Challenge Race and a very large number of entries for the 30 minute 'Enduro' race on Saturday, the former race has been scratched and replaced with an additional 30 minute 'Endure' Racce. The first of these will be solely for two driver entries and the second for single driver entries. Entries are still being accepted for either of these races at the original fee.
Old 2 Jul 2009, 12:33 (Ref:2495010)   #16
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Weather forecast looking interesting.

http://uk.weather.com/weather/10day-...stone-UKXX1916

There's also some interesting stuff in the auction not just MG either.
Old 6 Jul 2009, 09:39 (Ref:2496451)   #17
PenelopePitstop
Racer

European Union
PenelopePitstop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has any one had there tickets yet?
Old 6 Jul 2009, 10:00 (Ref:2496463)   #18
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I don't know, has anyone had their tickets?
Old 6 Jul 2009, 10:09 (Ref:2496469)   #19
v8dave
Rookie

England
North of Watford
v8dave should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PenelopePitstop View Post
Has any one had there tickets yet?
Postie has not been yet this morning but hopefully tickets will appear today. MGCC has got a lot better recently at getting tickets out early and hopefully the delay is just because there are so many to send out.
Old 6 Jul 2009, 10:46 (Ref:2496486)   #20
JP12
Rookie

England
Bristol
JP12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I haven't received mine yet.
Old 6 Jul 2009, 11:19 (Ref:2496499)   #21
v8dave
Rookie

England
North of Watford
v8dave should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8dave View Post
Postie has not been yet this morning but hopefully tickets will appear today. MGCC has got a lot better recently at getting tickets out early and hopefully the delay is just because there are so many to send out.

Postie has now been and tickets passes etc all arrived.

Dave
Old 6 Jul 2009, 11:24 (Ref:2496502)   #22
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
Just got mail from Coys telling me the entry fee for the Double Sixty has been dropped £350 to £500 for both races/25 mins of quali.Started me thinking!
What heppened about this?
Old 6 Jul 2009, 11:55 (Ref:2496519)   #23
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Errr,nothing,a result of needing a full engine strip and rebuild and not having enough time to do it.
Old 6 Jul 2009, 11:57 (Ref:2496521)   #24
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
No, I mean the race. Can't see it on the schedule.
Old 6 Jul 2009, 12:47 (Ref:2496566)   #25
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
What heppened about this?

>>> see post #15 !!