Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 7 Nov 2009, 14:28 (Ref:2577650)   #1
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's the way to do it Channel 7 !

Except for the time slot, the Saturday night telecast of the 1st PI race was brilliant.

No faffing about we start off with qualifying highlights and then straight into the race. No fluff, all business - Good stuff.

Sunday however, we have according to the TV Guides a 5 hour telecast to show a 2 hour race. So even if they show the full 20 minute qualifying session that leaves another 2 1/2 hours of nothing.

I haven't watched a single telecast live yet this year because of all the time filling nonsense live viewers are forced to endure. My set top box allows me to timeshift so I start watching whenever I want to watch and skip through the adds and most importantly the fluff.

Seriously Channel 7 - trim the fat from these morbidly obese overlong telecasts.
Old 7 Nov 2009, 14:38 (Ref:2577659)   #2
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 7 Nov 2009, 21:07 (Ref:2577825)   #3
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
doesnt todays coverage include a repeat of what was on last night at midnight.

thus the extended coverage. I assume they might even try and fit extended qualifying in also
Old 8 Nov 2009, 00:41 (Ref:2577929)   #4
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The free live coverage on bigpondtv.com was good too. No ads - very smart.
Old 8 Nov 2009, 00:44 (Ref:2577931)   #5
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
The free live coverage on bigpondtv.com was good too. No ads - very smart.
Liveish! Still was more like the old pirated stream days.
Much better having the footage while watching the timing even if they don't line up.
Old 11 Nov 2009, 03:05 (Ref:2579901)   #6
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
doesnt todays coverage include a repeat of what was on last night at midnight.

thus the extended coverage. I assume they might even try and fit extended qualifying in also
Sure did. That was very confusing on Sunday afternoon sitting down and watching the qualifying for a race that had already been televised and then they replayed the race. I'm glad i taped it, so i could fast forward through the race i had already seen.
Old 11 Nov 2009, 04:53 (Ref:2579920)   #7
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Its two hours of my life I'm never getting back.
Old 11 Nov 2009, 05:44 (Ref:2579931)   #8
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
Thankfully the replay on sunday gave me time to get out and give the back lawn a quick mow

But wasnt impressed with the replay stuff..But I guess thats what they had to do so it was more "prime time" than midnight