Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 27 Nov 2009, 10:01 (Ref:2590017)   #1
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Zanardi retires from WTCC

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80340

A hero and a gentleman. I hope his Paralympics plans work out.
Old 27 Nov 2009, 19:39 (Ref:2590356)   #2
JamesRamone
Veteran

England
Just outside Leeds, West Yorkshire
JamesRamone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some great memories in the series from Alex. Good luck in what he does next

Down F0rce: "More than a few, but the strangest one was when Jos Verstappen and Enrique Bernoldi scored a one-two for Arrows and were apparantly so impressed by each other's driving, they sang "Wind Beneath My Wings" to each other in the press conference."

Brilliant
Old 27 Nov 2009, 21:12 (Ref:2590404)   #3
Jacques Rabbit
Veteran

Slovakia
Jacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'll certainly miss Alex. He's the reason I even know what WTCC is. I remember thinking the worst after his crash, and the doctors did, too. He made it, and I'm so glad. There are few drivers like Alex, and even fewer men. What a hero. Those last laps at the Laustizring in 2003 in the CART chassis...I couldn't talk about that without getting choked up. Zanardi's an inspiration, anytime I don't try to achieve a dream and I think of Alex, the question "what stopped you?" comes to mind, and I know any answer I give would be utter rubbish.

Few men and women in auto racing are real heroes. Alex Zanardi is. Best of luck to him.
Old 7 Dec 2009, 22:46 (Ref:2595784)   #4
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Congratulations on a wonderful career Alessandro! Thank you for the memories!!!

My racing hero before his accident - my hero after his accident.

Sincerest best wishes for whatever he pursues from here on - I'm sure he'll be extremely successful at it.
Old 7 Dec 2009, 23:03 (Ref:2595799)   #5
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
He'll be missed. He was a draw to that series for me too.

Is part of his reasoning that he can put more effort into his Olympic entry?
Old 7 Dec 2009, 23:15 (Ref:2595806)   #6
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Apparently yes.
Old 10 Dec 2009, 10:41 (Ref:2597214)   #7
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacques Rabbit View Post
I'll certainly miss Alex. He's the reason I even know what WTCC is. I remember thinking the worst after his crash, and the doctors did, too. He made it, and I'm so glad. There are few drivers like Alex, and even fewer men. What a hero. Those last laps at the Laustizring in 2003 in the CART chassis...I couldn't talk about that without getting choked up. Zanardi's an inspiration, anytime I don't try to achieve a dream and I think of Alex, the question "what stopped you?" comes to mind, and I know any answer I give would be utter rubbish.

Few men and women in auto racing are real heroes. Alex Zanardi is. Best of luck to him.
Just read up about that 2003 bit - How awesome. I'm so glad they let him "complete" that race.

Selby
Old 11 Dec 2009, 09:12 (Ref:2597787)   #8
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great career on the track for Alex - the awesome highs to the terrible lows... Always with a smile on his face. Good luck with what he does next