Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 24 Feb 2010, 08:52 (Ref:2639554)   #1
alfacors
Veteran

alfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridalfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2010 Shannons Nationals Motor Racing Championships

Round 1 is coming up in a couple of weeks time at Wakefield Park....

Here's the calendar for 2010

R1. Wakefield Park, NSW, 6-7 March

Formula 3 Australian Drivers Championship, Commodore Cup National Series, Kerrick Sports Sedans National Series, Mazda MX5s

R2. Symmons Plains, TAS, 10-11 April
Formula 3 Australian Drivers Championship, Australian Manufacturers Championship, Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge, Shannons V8 Touring Car National Series.

R3. Phillip Island, VIC, 1-2 May
Formula 3 Australian Drivers Championship, Australian Saloon Car Series, Commodore Cup National Series, Australian Manufacturers Championship, Australian Superkart Championship, Sports Racers.

R4. Mallala, SA, 29-30 May

Formula 3 Australian Drivers Championship, Commodore Cup National Series, Kerrick Sports Sedans National Series, Australian Superkart Championship, Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge, Shannons V8 Touring Car National Series, Formula Vee (SA).

R5. Winton, VIC, 26-27 June
Formula 3 Australian Drivers Championship, Saloon Cars, Commodore Cup Nationals Series, Shannons V8 Touring Car National Series, Future Racers, Production Sports, HQ Racing.

R6. Eastern Creek (6 hour), NSW, 17-18 July
Australian Saloon Car Series, Australian Manufacturers Championship.

R7. Morgan Park, QLD, 14-15 August
Australian Saloon Car Series, Australian Manufacturers Championship, Kerrick Sports Sedans National Series, Australian Superkart Championship, Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge.

R8. Eastern Creek, NSW, 11-12 September
Formula 3 Australian Drivers Championship, Commodore Cup, Kerrick Sports Sedans National Series, Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge, Shannons V8 Touring Car National Series, Formula Vee (NSW), PRB Clubman (NSW).

R9. Sandown, VIC, 23-24 October
Formula 3 Australian Drivers Championship, Australian Saloon Car Series, Commodore Cup Nationals Series, Australian Manufacturers Championship, Kerrick Sports Sedans National Series, Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge, Shannons V8 Touring Car National Series.

A new website has been launched, and is still in the process of being updated with some of the latest info along with the live streaming links each race weekend - http://www.thenationals.com.au

Image galleries will be online in a dedicated site at http://shannonsnationals.speedshots.com.au
Old 24 Feb 2010, 11:59 (Ref:2639646)   #2
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nice update on the nationals website. Easy to navigate.

Should be a great season ahead.
Old 26 Feb 2010, 04:38 (Ref:2640698)   #3
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bring this stuff on!
Old 26 Feb 2010, 10:38 (Ref:2640825)   #4
inpitlane
Veteran

inpitlane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One would hope that the live streaming would be considerably better than the single camera effort at Sandown.
Live streaming has heaps of potential even if it's audio only as Radio Le Mans has shown.
Old 26 Feb 2010, 19:20 (Ref:2641091)   #5
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Will make the trip to Wakefield next Saturday to watch what is an impressive field of starters in the Sports Sedans. Going to miss the Ricciardello Alfa though.
Old 1 Mar 2010, 12:11 (Ref:2642602)   #6
Belly13
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst, NSW
Belly13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
F3 starters don't look too good? No Matt Sofi? Must definately be doing the V8 thing. Has he sold that F3 yet?
GRM's #1 Supporter 2014
Bloody Volvo Drivers...
Old 2 Mar 2010, 01:27 (Ref:2643046)   #7
alfacors
Veteran

alfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridalfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Last I heard, the car Sofi was planning to buy had been sold/leased to someone else.
Old 2 Mar 2010, 10:50 (Ref:2643223)   #8
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was a typical Wakefield day there today weather wise. Rain, wind, cold, sun, warm. The only thing missing was the sleet and snow.

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 2 Mar 2010, 11:21 (Ref:2643231)   #9
alfacors
Veteran

Thanks Shane, just what I needed to hear.....
Old 5 Mar 2010, 23:23 (Ref:2645866)   #10
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Live scoring and commentary from Wakefield Park- round 1 of the 2010 Shannons Nationals live today, tomorrow, live streaming TV.
Old 6 Mar 2010, 01:42 (Ref:2645909)   #11
puremotorsport
Rookie

puremotorsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by inpitlane View Post
One would hope that the live streaming would be considerably better than the single camera effort at Sandown.
Live streaming has heaps of potential even if it's audio only as Radio Le Mans has shown.
That is the plan at this stage. We have an OB van with 4 cameras for Wakefield Park, and are hoping to have the same for the other rounds.

We have our own basic cameras outside the Media Centre to keep an eye on things, much like we did at Sandown looking out of the commentary office.

Four cameras is obviously better than one, but Sandown wasn't awful with one camera. It wouldn't work at all tracks though.
Old 7 Mar 2010, 00:53 (Ref:2646418)   #12
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
[plug]Don't forget that the live TV stream is happening from Wakefield Park today at www.puremotorsport.tv, some really good racing going on here![/plug]
Old 7 Mar 2010, 02:04 (Ref:2646433)   #13
Falcadore
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Falcadore should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The live streaming works brilliantly, even some live graphics - great work guys.
Old 7 Mar 2010, 02:05 (Ref:2646434)   #14
Juarez Jed
Veteran

Juarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJuarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I just watched the Sports Sedans on the 'puter.
Good depth in the field , great racing and the cameras caught everything.
Refreshing to see that the safety car wasn't called despite the cars in the sandtraps at both ends of the main straight.
Old 7 Mar 2010, 04:09 (Ref:2646453)   #15
jd yort
Veteran

Australia
On An Island
jd yort should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well done puremotorsport. Apart from the glitch in R3 Sports Sedans it was fantastic to be able to watch the race live and with commentary. Hope this is the start of something big for you guys.
Old 7 Mar 2010, 09:35 (Ref:2646518)   #16
Oldtony
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast Australia
Oldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A couple of hicups, but the live streaming looks like it could be the best thing to happen to motorsport in a lomg time.
Hope you are going live for the rest of the series.
Old 7 Mar 2010, 21:43 (Ref:2647002)   #17
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Made the trip for both days and saw some pretty good racing in most categories.

Six cars in the open wheelers was pretty disappointing and hardly saw an overtaking move in any of their races. The Commodore cup saw some good racing and plenty of passing in all conditions.

The MX3 category made for some surprisingly good racing and was enjoyable to watch.

The Sports Sedans were awesome as always and their last race in the wet was nothing but a lottery. Being Wakefield and in some ordinary conditions, i would think that Wall, Bailey and Hossack would be farirly happy with their results.

Special mention to the MX3 driver who deliberately tried to shortcut through the end of straight sand pit after going off on the grass, got himself stuck and brought out the SC which destroyed what was a great race. The SC hooked him up and then got bogged himself, requiring a second SC to pull them out. Looked like a train leaving Central Station.

Although the forecast was ordinary, the spectator turn up was extremely poor on both days.
Old 8 Mar 2010, 02:26 (Ref:2647166)   #18
CTZoom
Rookie

CTZoom should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowgto View Post
Made the trip for both days and saw some pretty good racing in most categories.

Six cars in the open wheelers was pretty disappointing and hardly saw an overtaking move in any of their races. The Commodore cup saw some good racing and plenty of passing in all conditions.

The MX3 category made for some surprisingly good racing and was enjoyable to watch.

The Sports Sedans were awesome as always and their last race in the wet was nothing but a lottery. Being Wakefield and in some ordinary conditions, i would think that Wall, Bailey and Hossack would be farirly happy with their results.

Special mention to the MX3 driver who deliberately tried to shortcut through the end of straight sand pit after going off on the grass, got himself stuck and brought out the SC which destroyed what was a great race. The SC hooked him up and then got bogged himself, requiring a second SC to pull them out. Looked like a train leaving Central Station.

Although the forecast was ordinary, the spectator turn up was extremely poor on both days.
Thanks for the wraps re racing in the MX5 category. It is usually quite a close, hard fought affair and the racing across the weekend certainly proved it. Thanks to the officials who didn't give me a meatball in race 1 while leading......my exhaust was kinda draggin on the ground and provided quite a light show! Congrats also to matilda Mravacic who 3 races - a top performance.
Old 8 Mar 2010, 02:53 (Ref:2647173)   #19
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTZoom View Post
Thanks for the wraps re racing in the MX5 category. It is usually quite a close, hard fought affair and the racing across the weekend certainly proved it. Thanks to the officials who didn't give me a meatball in race 1 while leading......my exhaust was kinda draggin on the ground and provided quite a light show! Congrats also to matilda Mravacic who 3 races - a top performance.
You must have been flying the orange rocket ?

Shame that you couldn't make the 2nd race and congrats on a super back of the grid effort after that.
Old 8 Mar 2010, 04:45 (Ref:2647204)   #20
alfacors
Veteran

Photos will be coming online later tonight.... including said sparkling muffler
Old 8 Mar 2010, 08:50 (Ref:2647262)   #21
Prancing Wombat
Rookie

Prancing Wombat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=CTZoom;2647166 Thanks to the officials who didn't give me a meatball in race 1 while leading......my exhaust was kinda draggin on the ground and provided quite a light show! Congrats also to matilda Mravacic who 3 races - a top performance.[/QUOTE]

I was bustin' to hang the blackie out Chris, but they don't give us one on T10
Matilda drove really well in the saturday races. Especially in R2 after duffing the start.
She showed great patience to grab second in race 1.

Shame the meeting was so poorly attended. (spectators AND entrants !)

Sports sedans were pick of the bunch for me..
Old 8 Mar 2010, 09:16 (Ref:2647272)   #22
CTZoom
Rookie

CTZoom should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowgto View Post
You must have been flying the orange rocket ?

Shame that you couldn't make the 2nd race and congrats on a super back of the grid effort after that.
Yep, that's me - thanks for the compliments - it's made a little easier with the turbo power and the safety car. I actually left to attend a mates 40th in Wollongong saturday night, then drove back sunday morning to fix the exhaust and race.

Mr P. Wombat - thanks for flagging - I was so glad I didn't get meatballed. Ellise was telling me it was sparking on the radio and that they were close to pulling me in but it was the last lap and they let me finish.....so happy about that! Matilda is a formidable opponent and any race win against her is a very worthy one.
Old 8 Mar 2010, 09:21 (Ref:2647277)   #23
Dasher
Racer

Australia
Melbourne
Dasher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTZoom View Post
Yep, that's me - thanks for the compliments - it's made a little easier with the turbo power and the safety car. I actually left to attend a mates 40th in Wollongong saturday night, then drove back sunday morning to fix the exhaust and race.

Mr P. Wombat - thanks for flagging - I was so glad I didn't get meatballed. Ellise was telling me it was sparking on the radio and that they were close to pulling me in but it was the last lap and they let me finish.....so happy about that! Matilda is a formidable opponent and any race win against her is a very worthy one.
What is Matilda's age & background in racing,she seems to have the talent to go further if she wants to?
Old 8 Mar 2010, 10:02 (Ref:2647294)   #24
alfacors
Veteran

Possible co-driver for a Commodore Cup enduro race eh Dasher?
Old 8 Mar 2010, 10:10 (Ref:2647298)   #25
Dasher
Racer

Australia
Melbourne
Dasher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfacors View Post
Possible co-driver for a Commodore Cup enduro race eh Dasher?
Wouldn't be a half bad idea me thinks, should get good publicity or the event as well as being very competitive.

Has anyone got any contact details for her, send me a pm?