Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 25 Jul 2001, 21:30 (Ref:121774)   #1
787B
Rookie

787B should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What's happening with van Diemen?

Hi there,

I'm a Dutch motorsportfan and after hearing about the Van Diemen domination I decided to check out the Benelux Formula Ford series., imagine my suprise when It were all Mygales at the front, two red Mygales in particular. Last monday and Thuesday were testing days at Zandvoort and the red Mygale of Stefan de Groot seemed to dominate. I asked around for a moment afterwards and de Groot did a 1.44.34 while the fastest van Diemen did a 1.45.28!

Can anyone tell me what's going on in holland? and which team is it that seems to dominate? I know that Stefan De Groot and Tristan te Pas drive in the cars but that's about all that I know.
Old 29 Jul 2001, 22:49 (Ref:123547)   #2
nobjockey
Rookie

nobjockey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quite simply really. The calibre of the Dutch Van Diemen teams is not the same as the Mygale teams.
Old 31 Jul 2001, 08:06 (Ref:124192)   #3
teamdbr
Rookie

teamdbr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good point. We're not quick enough. Although our team effort has been amazing this season (running 4 Van Diemens), it's been a very rough ride.

If you look at the guys in the Mygales here (experienced front-runners last season) and the guys in the Van Diemens (all rookies with the exception of Florie and Schothorst), it's safe to say we've got a lot of ground left to cover before we can challenge for the podium.

Fair is fair, the Geva cars are bloody quick, although Nelson... sorry 787B could be a bit more quiet about it )

We tested Alex Danielsson last week in our Van Diemen (he drives for the Vector factory team in England), and he really got the car to work for him. We made good progress, so we should be ok for the Masters...

Cheers, David
Old 31 Jul 2001, 17:18 (Ref:124422)   #4
Rimrider
Racer

Rimrider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well thats very refreshing to see someone acknowledge their shortcomings and see they have to work hard to get success.

Geva have been the top FF team in the Benelux series for quite a while now and Gert does a very good job. The other teams have to shoot at him, but with the right package and approach he is very beatable.
Old 31 Jul 2001, 22:43 (Ref:124509)   #5
overstuur
Rookie

overstuur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
for the record

From all the rookies driving Mygales in the Benelux Franchi from Marechal (Belgium)is the only surprise. Pin Tun (Van Amersfoort)is turning in about the same times as the Van Diemen rookies but, agreeably, has a better finishing record.

On the other hand, Maassen in a Van Diemen is showing great potential in his rookie year and should be a regular contender for podium places by the end of the year, regularly challenging the experienced Mygale guys.

Still, Geva is tops this year. But I doubt very much they will be a factor at the festival, as 787B(Isn't that a wide-body aircraft ? what's it doing in an autosport forum?) says.

My two guilders.
Old 1 Aug 2001, 09:41 (Ref:124648)   #6
Marshal
Veteran

Marshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Re: for the record

Quote:
Originally posted by overstuur
as 787B(Isn't that a wide-body aircraft ? what's it doing in an autosport forum?)
I think you'll find its a Le Mans winning Mazda

And thanks guys, its an interesting insight into FFord in the Benelux countries.
Old 1 Aug 2001, 11:24 (Ref:124681)   #7
overstuur
Rookie

overstuur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Big oops!

Boy, did I get my airliners and sportprototypes mixed up... thanks for pointing that out.

Guess you learn something everyday. Sorry 787B for calling you a wide body airliner when in fact you're a smooth&sexy sportsprotype with a big fat rearspoiler.

Regards all.
Old 6 Aug 2001, 00:41 (Ref:126384)   #8
Geva racing
Racer

Geva racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi guys,

sorry for not answering any messages but i've been quite busy at the Marlboro masters and what a weekend it was!

Geva 1-2-3!!! De Groot - Te Pas - Luijendijk Jr.

i've never seen so much tears in our camp....(tears of joy)

hey rimrider, how do you know Gert Valkenburg?