Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 5 Feb 2011, 10:11 (Ref:2826064)   #1
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Chef Le Mans 2010 and 2011(new) - Ayse's stories

Ayse's traditional Le Mans story is an epic this year, a full 18 pages of photos and reflection:

Le Mans 2010 - Ayse's story

Enjoy!
Old 5 Feb 2011, 10:25 (Ref:2826070)   #2
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Had a quick look and it is as always very interesting, will study the photo's a bit closer when I get more time.

Only 4 months to go now so it is worth reading now just before we start to see the entry list for 2011
Old 5 Feb 2011, 11:31 (Ref:2826090)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Don't study them too hard - I was never an expert photographer........
Old 5 Feb 2011, 19:42 (Ref:2826264)   #4
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Splendid Ayse. This race became legendary, it was worth to do such a job.
Old 6 Feb 2011, 09:05 (Ref:2826420)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
And I included your pics too Pascal - thank you
Old 6 Feb 2011, 09:36 (Ref:2826442)   #6
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
And I included your pics too Pascal - thank you
I knew it was a great jubilee for you. During the week of le Mans, each second is appreciated.
Old 6 Feb 2011, 10:15 (Ref:2826464)   #7
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
An interesting read - thanks for doing it (again)

It's a sign of advancing years when you see items in a museum that you can remember seeing in everyday life!
Old 6 Feb 2011, 10:29 (Ref:2826473)   #8
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Very nice. It's not long now...
Old 6 Feb 2011, 13:25 (Ref:2826576)   #9
Félix
Veteran

MagnetON
Québec
Félix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFélix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm halfway through my read of your Le Mans story and I have to say it's amazing to see how you do it before I go for my first time this year.

Your qualifying pictures from the grandstands are pretty good - those of the cars going through the Dunlop Bridge too mind you; I was wondering what kind of equipment you're using? Probably an SLR from the look of your pictures, but what kind of objective do you use? I'm going with a 15x point-and-shoot - 360mm equivalent - and I'd like to get an idea of how full my viewfinder will be at maximum zoom.
Old 6 Feb 2011, 13:52 (Ref:2826600)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I have an ageing Canon EOS 10D with a 75-300 zoom. That's about it really! At 360, I assume your viewfinder should be more full than mine!
Old 6 Feb 2011, 17:52 (Ref:2826764)   #11
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice work Ayse, I always enjoy reading your write ups of the race year on year. Looking forward to the next one.
Old 6 Feb 2011, 17:54 (Ref:2826766)   #12
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Excellent read, this may become a vital tool to me for the next 5 or so 24 hours seen as I may be forced to sit them all out.
Old 6 Feb 2011, 19:22 (Ref:2826829)   #13
photopigg
Rookie

United Kingdom
Dover, Kent
photopigg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Asye, nice work, pictures are great
Old 6 Feb 2011, 19:54 (Ref:2826841)   #14
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Good stuff Ayse, just spent the last half hour reading through what I missed in 2010

I will be back on 2012.....
Old 6 Feb 2011, 20:02 (Ref:2826846)   #15
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
You'll have forgotten what it was like by then Rob.........
Old 6 Feb 2011, 20:23 (Ref:2826854)   #16
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
very nicely written and beautiful photos.

Thanks for sharing your adventures during the week.

It's definitely a terrific incentive to do the same type of trip. Those open periods are interesting to see other sights in and around Le Mans, including the museum.
Old 6 Feb 2011, 21:21 (Ref:2826874)   #17
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
For sure. After 2010, I'm definitely spoiled for ever! I couldn't go back to the whistlestop weekend now - no matter how much I enjoyed the first 24 years!
Old 10 Feb 2011, 22:40 (Ref:2829374)   #18
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Excellent. Very good work and a what a mine of pictures!
Old 11 Feb 2011, 02:09 (Ref:2829444)   #19
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Nice work Ayse, a lot of wonderful photos there, really fuels the desire to get to Le Mans one day.

Good to put a face to a name too.
Old 17 Feb 2011, 12:51 (Ref:2832673)   #20
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Finally read through it. Thanks Ayse great read. Maybe a fold-out camping chair might be a good idea this year?
Old 17 Feb 2011, 14:26 (Ref:2832726)   #21
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Maybe a fold-out camping chair might be a good idea this year?
Just remember you'll be lugging it about with you everywhere. I do take a chair, but it very rarely leaves the boot of my car (and I always wonder when I get home why I bothered to take it).
Old 17 Feb 2011, 14:54 (Ref:2832737)   #22
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Just remember you'll be lugging it about with you everywhere. I do take a chair, but it very rarely leaves the boot of my car (and I always wonder when I get home why I bothered to take it).
Yeah I did figure that. I'll be taking one anyway for the campsite so I'll try it out around the track during practice.
Old 20 Feb 2011, 10:43 (Ref:2834148)   #23
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I've never ever taken a chair - I don't even take a tripod any more - just too much of a pain to lug around - bearing in mind that we're likely to be on our feet from, say, 9 am on Saturday morning through to say, 4.30 pm on Sunday - if we don't need to take a short break like we did this year. I'm convinced my new backback will make a huge difference this year - it cedrtainly did at Silverstone in September. I lugged that around for two days without really knowing that it was on my back......
Old 20 Feb 2011, 19:04 (Ref:2834306)   #24
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
If you're on a campsite with reasonably good track access then a chair can make life rather pleasurable. There's something remarkably civilised about sitting with a pot of decent coffee looking down on the Esses from just outside Tertre Rouge campsite on Sunday morning and catching up on what you might have missed overnight.

That said, would agree that even the lighter versions are a bit of palaver to haul around - if I'm wandering further afield a chair is probably a little surplus to requirements.
Old 20 Feb 2011, 19:05 (Ref:2834307)   #25
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Mmmm, I can smell that coffee from here.........