Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 13 Mar 2011, 14:42 (Ref:2844985)   #1
mandretti39
Veteran

Lithuania
Clay, NY USA
mandretti39 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmandretti39 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My triumphant return!!!

I have made my triumphant return to the My Tracks thread here at ten-tenths.com after a couple of years. My absence is contributed to the fact that my desktop PC basically was on it's last legs. It took about 10 minutes for the PC to go from being turned on to logging in to fully loading and being able to use. I also had a problem getting either Firefox and IE to start.

Back in August 2010, I got myself a new laptop, but I was too busy to build tracks as I was taking a web design class, which I finished back in February.

Now I can finally design race tracks again.

My first track is a street circuit in London. For those that don't know me, I am well known for my street tracks. Search for some of my threads tho see what I mean.

It is 2.44 miles long and runs counterclockwise. It appears from the satellite view that most of the roads are wide enough. It's basically two tracks in one, the southern part of the track is fast, while the northern part is slow and technical, with lots of chicanes.

What do you all think?

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=4346009
Old 13 Mar 2011, 19:48 (Ref:2845128)   #2
Tathrim
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lancaster/Wallingford
Tathrim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandretti39 View Post
I have made my triumphant return to the My Tracks thread here at ten-tenths.com after a couple of years. My absence is contributed to the fact that my desktop PC basically was on it's last legs. It took about 10 minutes for the PC to go from being turned on to logging in to fully loading and being able to use. I also had a problem getting either Firefox and IE to start.

Back in August 2010, I got myself a new laptop, but I was too busy to build tracks as I was taking a web design class, which I finished back in February.

Now I can finally design race tracks again.

My first track is a street circuit in London. For those that don't know me, I am well known for my street tracks. Search for some of my threads tho see what I mean.

It is 2.44 miles long and runs counterclockwise. It appears from the satellite view that most of the roads are wide enough. It's basically two tracks in one, the southern part of the track is fast, while the northern part is slow and technical, with lots of chicanes.

What do you all think?

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=4346009
Welcome back. It's not really an ideal place for a race, tbf.
Old 13 Mar 2011, 23:09 (Ref:2845259)   #3
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Good to have you back with us again.

You'll remember I'mm not a big fan of street circuits but have done a few in the past. You might just inspire me to have another look around the world for host Cities.
Old 14 Mar 2011, 09:14 (Ref:2845342)   #4
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
I think it's got some potential. The first sector is almost Singapore esque.

If I could easily just load 3D environments in to Bob's Track Builder (I wish...) then i'd definitely give it a spin!

Here's a slight change I made to avoid those sets of chicanes, and potentially opening up an overtaking opportunity.

Selby
Attached Thumbnails
london re.jpg  
Old 14 Mar 2011, 12:29 (Ref:2845426)   #5
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
LuiggiSpeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Welcome back Sir!
Old 14 Mar 2011, 19:20 (Ref:2845724)   #6
Will3
Rookie

United States
Will3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like it as is but I think it needs a nice tight hairpen somewhere.
Old 16 Mar 2011, 21:24 (Ref:2847111)   #7
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Welcome back mandretti39. The section from Dering St. to Oxford St. is indeed a nasty one. Thanks ECW for taking it out. Turn 2 at Picadilly Circus looks like a runoff problem walking. And the lack of an escape road at Kingly St. and Maddox St. is worrying especially since the main straight is so close. I feel Kingly St. would be better as a better pitlane than part of the track. But Savile Row is probably even better as a pitlane and the one you probably had in mind.

Thanks for posting.
Old 16 Mar 2011, 23:19 (Ref:2847175)   #8
mandretti39
Veteran

Lithuania
Clay, NY USA
mandretti39 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmandretti39 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My next track is in Denver, Colorado. The track is 2.2 miles long and goes in a clockwise direction. The coolest feature of the track is a set of esses which goes through a tunnel inside the Colorado Convention Center. I envision the pits to be on North Spear Boulevard between West 13th Avenue and West Colfax Avenue. This could create a runoff problem with the track heading the opposite way down North Spear Boulevard. Maybe it could be moved to the currently unused portion of North Spear Boulevard between West Colfax Avenue and Kalamath Street. One other problem is this: using street view on Google Maps, the run along Stout Street (the tunnel portion of the track) is only two lanes wide. There are also unused rail lines along Stout Street as well.

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=4354552
Old 17 Mar 2011, 17:43 (Ref:2847616)   #9
dyewat808
Veteran

United Kingdom
dyewat808 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like that one mandretti - love street circuits in the US because the streets tend to be wider.

I can also see a good couple of opportunities for placing the pit-lane. Good job!
Old 29 Mar 2011, 21:03 (Ref:2855619)   #10
mandretti39
Veteran

Lithuania
Clay, NY USA
bump