Old 12 May 2011, 20:35 (Ref:2879580)   #1
BHF Revival
Rookie

England
Not a million miles from Corum Curve
BHF Revival should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
British Heart Foundation - Revival 26th November 2011

Good evening gents and ladies,

It gives me great pleasure in letting you know that I am part of the team that will be reviving the old British Heart Foundation Days at Snetterton.

It is being held at Snetterton on Saturday 26th November 2011.

Some things have changed;

1. Money raised will go to two charities now, The British Heart Foundation and Ronald McDonald House Charities
2. We will be using two tracks, the 200 and 100 tracks to give more experiences for the general public.
3. More chances to ride in some superb race and road cars.
4. More to see and do on the day.

What hasn't changed;

1. Race cars and Supercars will be available for the public to have laps in.
2. A great day out for all petrolheads.
3. Snetterton will continue to be the location albeit in it's new form.

Our idea is to have Race cars operating on the 200 track, with possibly 4 breaks to allow Supercars to take passengers around.
The 100 will be for Classic cars to offer passenger rides alternating with Motor Dealers taking potential customers around the track in demo rides.

We are also inviting Car clubs to attend and display their cars as well as motoring trade stands.

Hopefully, we will be able to get some celebrities and well know racers onboard to offer exclusive Hospitality for corporate customers.

We have Roger Bennington from Stratton Motor Company onboard for the day and he has been instrumental in giving us advice on his previous experiences. Mike Chadwick will be running the pitlane as per the old events.

If anyone wishes to place an interest then please can I ask for you to drop me an email to:

rmhc@kfoleyltd.co.uk

We will be sending out a more detailed form nearer the time but would like to make you aware now to allow you to place this revival event into your race calendars.

Many thanks for reading and hope I get to meet some of you at our event.

Cheers

Kev Foley
Old 12 May 2011, 22:34 (Ref:2879658)   #2
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I did those meetings for a few years back in the 90s and used to get a queue for a ride in the Anglebox
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 13 May 2011, 19:57 (Ref:2880017)   #3
Joyce George
Veteran

England
South Lincolnshire
Joyce George should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
I did those meetings for a few years back in the 90s and used to get a queue for a ride in the Anglebox
I can remember going round with you Gordon; as marshals we used to queue up on a first come, first served basis in the pit lane for a complimentary 3 laps. My helmet was too big & kept falling over my eyes. It was a good end to the season. if a tad chilly! Will be good to revive the event.
Old 17 May 2011, 21:27 (Ref:2881855)   #4
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I too used to attend with the Nova Sport, and later the Nova GTE/GSi, providing many people with startled looks!!

How to get a passenger seat in the Belmont...... hmmmmm.....
Old 18 May 2011, 20:48 (Ref:2882332)   #5
BHF Revival
Rookie

England
The Belmont would be awesome if we could offer rides in that

Got some of the Heritage Touring Cars onboard too.

Kev
Old 19 May 2011, 17:05 (Ref:2882723)   #6
JohnD
Veteran

JohnD should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohnD should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Now I#m confused.

Right next to this thread is another, advertising a Snetterton BHF day, but as a track day and on December 4th. The blurb with that says that this is because no insurbace could be found for a BFH day in the old format, which if true, makes the details of this thread wrong/
See: http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75773
What's happening?

John
Old 19 May 2011, 18:26 (Ref:2882771)   #7
Joyce George
Veteran

England
South Lincolnshire
Joyce George should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
Now I#m confused.

Right next to this thread is another, advertising a Snetterton BHF day, but as a track day and on December 4th. The blurb with that says that this is because no insurbace could be found for a BFH day in the old format, which if true, makes the details of this thread wrong/
See: http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75773
What's happening?

John
Thread dated 2005 John!!!!
Old 19 May 2011, 18:30 (Ref:2882775)   #8
snettstan
Rookie

United Kingdom
NORFOLK
snettstan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you look at the date of the link, you will see it is several years old.
Heart Foundation is as recently announced.
Old 19 May 2011, 20:23 (Ref:2882819)   #9
JohnD
Veteran

JohnD should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohnD should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Doh!

Thanks!
JOhn
Old 20 May 2011, 10:42 (Ref:2883036)   #10
PenelopePitstop
Racer

European Union
PenelopePitstop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Revival placed in calender, plan to be there with the race car fitted with a passenger seat. If not i'll come with my orange probans.
Old 26 May 2011, 06:41 (Ref:2885992)   #11
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All being well I'll bring my Grp 2 Capri along,might even drive it over.
Old 8 Jun 2011, 11:00 (Ref:2893352)   #12
BHF Revival
Rookie

England
Thanks so far for all the promised help on the day.

If you are a race car owner/driver and wish to offer passenger laps then can I ask you contact Shawn Taylor who is collating a list

shawn@bhf-snetterton.co.uk

I am looking after the road legal Supercars and any general information.

kevin@bhf-snetterton.co.uk

We also have a Facebook page and it would be great if you can 'like' our page and share it with as many people as possible to help generate even more interest.

http://www.facebook.com/bhfsnetterton

Many thanks.

Kev

Old 19 Jul 2011, 11:25 (Ref:2928510)   #13
BHF Revival
Rookie

England
Had a great meeting at Snetterton with Jamie. Got plans laid out as to where everything is going to go.

Also planning has started as to how many volunteers we need.

We need drivers plus cars, marshalls, stewards and medical to help make the event as safe but as enjoyable as possible.

A reminder - Saturday 26th November - British Heart Foundation Revival @ Snetterton.

Thanks and hope to hear from you..

KEv
Old 21 Sep 2011, 15:20 (Ref:2959118)   #14
BHF Revival
Rookie

England
Due to conflicting issues, the British Heart Foundation will not be involved in this years event.

It will no longer be called the British Heart Foundation Day, however it will continue to offer passenger rides for the public in various race cars around Snetterton.

It is now going to be called the Charity Race Experience day and all money raised will go to RMHC (www.rmhc.org.uk).

We have nearly 80 race cars attending from Gt4 Astons down to trackday Caterhams along with Supercars such as Mclaren MP4 12C, Ferrari's, Lamborghini's, Porsche etc.
It is all set to be a great day and deliver superb excitement for all members of the family.

We still have Roger Bennington and Mike Chadwick on board as well as other seasoned racers.

Would be great to get more though so please get in touch if you wish to help.

Many thanks

Kev