3 0 0%
2 0 0%
1 0 0%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Old 24 Jul 2011, 13:35 (Ref:2930396)   #1
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rate the Race : German GP

Rate the race...
Old 24 Jul 2011, 14:04 (Ref:2930402)   #2
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
It was headed for a 10 until half distance then it all tailed off a bit I thought?
Old 24 Jul 2011, 14:06 (Ref:2930403)   #3
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
This kept me awake and I gave it an 8.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 24 Jul 2011, 14:08 (Ref:2930405)   #4
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
8/10 for me. An enthralling close battle at the front.

It seemed to go on for a long time as well. Grand Prix distances should never be reduced.
Old 24 Jul 2011, 14:12 (Ref:2930406)   #5
Fox89
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa, UK
Fox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
8! Really exciting race; a few classic moments and what a battle between the top 3. Split by 3 or 4 seconds for pretty much the entire race. Loved it!
Old 24 Jul 2011, 14:23 (Ref:2930410)   #6
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
8. Lot's going on up and down the field; great battle with Hamilton, Webber and Alonso.
Old 24 Jul 2011, 14:26 (Ref:2930411)   #7
Grandpa_Rob
Racer

Australia
Oz
Grandpa_Rob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
7 for me good racing for most of the race
Old 24 Jul 2011, 14:30 (Ref:2930413)   #8
Pingguest
Veteran

Netherlands
Heemstede, The Netherlands
Pingguest should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
An entertaining race. Some good racing, excitement and unpredictability.

However, I still don't get why mid-race refuelling remains banned. With the current tyres and regulations it's all about pit stop strategy.
Old 24 Jul 2011, 14:36 (Ref:2930416)   #9
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Why add in an extra variable like that? It doesn't add much to the spectacle, if anything. Also drivers have to look after their car on full and light tanks and use their fuel up appropriately right now.
Old 24 Jul 2011, 14:52 (Ref:2930422)   #10
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
8 for me - good race with plenty going on & the leaders close enough to each other that not a foregone conclusion.
Old 24 Jul 2011, 15:00 (Ref:2930423)   #11
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Considering I would give the 1979 French Grand Prix a *10*, it was a 7.

Certainly an exciting race that was both good and unpredictable until the very end, great job by Lewis, Fernando and Mark.
Old 24 Jul 2011, 15:19 (Ref:2930427)   #12
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
10 for me, the race was exciting from start to finish with lots of overtaking right through the field.
Old 24 Jul 2011, 15:19 (Ref:2930428)   #13
johntt
Veteran

England
England
johntt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
8 - Another great race, although one that trailed off a little at the end.
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." -Ayrton Senna
Old 24 Jul 2011, 15:32 (Ref:2930430)   #14
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Pretty entertaining - shame the 3-way battle at the front didn't stay a battle to the end - but I stayed awake for the whole thing! So it must have been better!
Old 24 Jul 2011, 16:21 (Ref:2930447)   #15
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
AndyS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
7 for me. Good but not quite as entertaining as Silverstone which I gave an 8.
Old 24 Jul 2011, 17:47 (Ref:2930459)   #16
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
A 7 I reckon, as for me Canada was a 9, and this was a couple of points below (and I missed from 10 minutes in to 2/3rds - Sunday lunch.) Good race though, from what I saw.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 24 Jul 2011, 18:08 (Ref:2930464)   #17
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
7 for me. Good but not quite as entertaining as Silverstone which I gave an 8.
Are you referring to a previous years's BGP? The German race was a significantly better race than this year's BGP surely?

More overtaking, more cars in with a chance of victory, less accidents and all on a dry track.
Old 24 Jul 2011, 18:14 (Ref:2930468)   #18
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Began to fall asleep at the end, but was good at the start, and good in the middle. The end was a little dull. Overall a decent race though.

Race needed a downpour though in my view, the rain just never came.

Old 24 Jul 2011, 18:29 (Ref:2930477)   #19
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
A very fine race with some great battles,I gave it an 8....
Old 24 Jul 2011, 20:31 (Ref:2930543)   #20
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Another race demonstrating the dire straights that F1 finds itself in at the moment. From labelgate to chequeredflaggate a disgrace.
Old 24 Jul 2011, 20:39 (Ref:2930552)   #21
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I gave it a 7. I was looking forward to the rain, but it didn't happen! Still good racing from the top 3. Plus the DRS seemed to be just right. Allowing drivers to get close to each other, but not just sail by.

Sadly next week is the Boringring - sorry Hungary!
Old 24 Jul 2011, 20:40 (Ref:2930554)   #22
NPP
Racer

Germany
Germany and UK
NPP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another pretty entertaining one - 8 for me
Old 25 Jul 2011, 08:24 (Ref:2930756)   #23
neil_davidson2
TT Photo Of The Year Winner - 2009 & 2010
Veteran

England
Swindon, UK
neil_davidson2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridneil_davidson2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
8 from me - very entertaining.
Old 25 Jul 2011, 11:53 (Ref:2930858)   #24
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
AndyS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Are you referring to a previous years's BGP? The German race was a significantly better race than this year's BGP surely?

More overtaking, more cars in with a chance of victory, less accidents and all on a dry track.
We'll agree to disagree on that one!
Old 25 Jul 2011, 14:14 (Ref:2930914)   #25
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
We'll agree to disagree on that one!
Of course!

I'd be pleased if Silverstone was considered not as interesting as compared to most races it was still bloody good!