Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 9 Sep 2001, 23:03 (Ref:144211)   #1
AGGY
Racer

AGGY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Montoya to take pole for Monza!!

He`s got the power,he`s taken a couple of poles lately and he`s talented...but can he win.

Both Button and Zanardi performed at Monza...how would we measure Montoya if he won at the easiest circuit,in arguably the fastest car.

I will be looking with great interest,i don`t consider the races boring at all,there`s plenty to prove still.
Old 9 Sep 2001, 23:22 (Ref:144217)   #2
Jeanburrasca81
Racer

Jeanburrasca81 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You really consider Monza the easiest track? You're kidding, right?

Just because it is fast it's far from being easy. In the end it also is a drivers track, not as much as Spa, but still more than many other circuits.

But yes, he can take the pole and win.

Best regards,

Julian
Old 10 Sep 2001, 00:03 (Ref:144229)   #3
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
AGGY, let's go for it.

JPM, has a great chance... and you too.
Old 10 Sep 2001, 00:23 (Ref:144233)   #4
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Old 10 Sep 2001, 00:33 (Ref:144234)   #5
AGGY
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by Jeanburrasca81
You really consider Monza the easiest track? You're kidding, right?

Just because it is fast it's far from being easy. In the end it also is a drivers track, not as much as Spa, but still more than many other circuits.

But yes, he can take the pole and win.

Best regards,

Julian
Julian..if Monza isn`t the easiest,which is ??.

Don`t forget to factor in JPM`s car advantage,so when you combine both i think he should be able to perform there.
Old 10 Sep 2001, 00:54 (Ref:144243)   #6
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Right Jersound,

another TGF win, hun ??? Tifosi crowd, italian anthem, podium paty... hunh ????

Ok... give me a little of what you're drinking... (a beer ??? oh yes)

Old 10 Sep 2001, 00:54 (Ref:144244)   #7
Jeanburrasca81
Racer

Jeanburrasca81 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's hard to say which one is the easiest, but there are easier tracks. Indianapolis I consider easier, as well as Magny Cours or the A1 Ring...and some others... I never thought about this one, so I cant give you a great answer. Monza isn't the easiest for sure.
Old 10 Sep 2001, 01:09 (Ref:144251)   #8
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ask Mika if it's an easy track.

Montoya will do well at Monza until his car blows up or the pit crew gets it wrong again, and Michael will phone in his race and people will pretend to be excited about it.
Old 10 Sep 2001, 01:13 (Ref:144253)   #9
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
AGGY, I think your trying to have it both ways here.

If he wins, you want to be able to say "I told you so" and "so he should have because he had the best car" etc. And if he does'nt, you want to be able to call him garbage again.

If he really has no talent at all, and is garbage, how could he possible win a race or pole? Make up your mind.
Old 10 Sep 2001, 01:27 (Ref:144258)   #10
BBKing
Veteran

BBKing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by AGGY

Julian..if Monza isn`t the easiest,which is ??.

Don`t forget to factor in JPM`s car advantage,so when you combine both i think he should be able to perform there.
The way the cars are now the easiest circuits are the ones wher overtaking is imposible. Monaco for instance. Whoever takes the lead after the first corner will win the race unless his car does not make it to the end.

In Monza and Hockeinheim you need to have the ability to overtake and keep the guys behind you from moving ahead of you. One bad exit in one corner and you are done for the day.
Old 10 Sep 2001, 01:34 (Ref:144259)   #11
AGGY
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by Jeanburrasca81
It's hard to say which one is the easiest, but there are easier tracks. Indianapolis I consider easier, as well as Magny Cours or the A1 Ring...and some others... I never thought about this one, so I cant give you a great answer. Monza isn't the easiest for sure.
Ok you never thought about it,i suspected as much.

The teams have more data for Monza,so i rule out Indy.

If,and don`t forget we are considering Montoya...if Magny is so easy,why didn`t Jpm perform better at Hungary,both tracks are twisty with some slow corners.

I agree the A1 is a easy track relatively speaking,but i still think Monza is the easiest...AND JPM has the most powerfull car...so for my money if he under-performs,then a serious review of his standing should take place at Williams IMHO.
Old 10 Sep 2001, 01:36 (Ref:144260)   #12
AGGY
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by BBKing

The way the cars are now the easiest circuits are the ones wher overtaking is imposible. Monaco for instance. Whoever takes the lead after the first corner will win the race unless his car does not make it to the end.

In Monza and Hockeinheim you need to have the ability to overtake and keep the guys behind you from moving ahead of you. One bad exit in one corner and you are done for the day.
Are you sure,i thought Monza was a power track similar to Hockenhiem where JPM and Ralf Dominated...as they have the most powerfull car,i expect more of the same at Monza.

No one came near JPM to overtake him at Hock.
Old 10 Sep 2001, 01:44 (Ref:144261)   #13
AGGY
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by Wrex
AGGY, I think your trying to have it both ways here.

If he wins, you want to be able to say "I told you so" and "so he should have because he had the best car" etc. And if he does'nt, you want to be able to call him garbage again.

If he really has no talent at all, and is garbage, how could he possible win a race or pole? Make up your mind.
Lets get it in the open...how special is it for JPM or Ralf to win in the best car?.

What we are looking for is his performance compared to Ralf.

Why would i make up my mind,am i so narrow minded?.

As for no talent,it`s a question of enough talent,he proved himself in cart,he has not proved to me in F1 that he is worthy of a drive.

Hockenhiem pole,well he beat Ralf,and at Spa he beat the rain.
Old 10 Sep 2001, 04:28 (Ref:144278)   #14
f1grandprixshop
Veteran

f1grandprixshop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i don't think theres any easy/easiest track as far as driving in F1 car is concern, unless AGGY you have personal experience in driving one while eating some popcorn j/k

let's just wait for the qualifying and we'll see if your 'garbage' will be on pole and win the race eventually.

cheers!!
Old 10 Sep 2001, 04:31 (Ref:144279)   #15
f1grandprixshop
Veteran

f1grandprixshop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Lets get it in the open...how special is it for JPM or Ralf to win in the best car?.

are you sure they're on the best car??
Old 10 Sep 2001, 04:46 (Ref:144282)   #16
AGGY
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by f1grandprixshop

are you sure they're on the best car??
You tell me,Ralf destroyed them in Imola,and was the faster car at Canada...and Ralf and JPM where 1,2 at Hock and Spa...they are the best some times,you would have to say overall the the Ferrari with Schumi is the best.

As for the easiest track...i got that notion from comments of F1 drivers and commentators,and by looking at relative performances there,i think it`s the easiest,and will suit the willaims as Hockenhiem suited the willaims,well ralf anyway.
Old 10 Sep 2001, 06:47 (Ref:144293)   #17
Crash and Burn
Racer

Crash and Burn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I recon Ralf will be sat on pole - but watch out for the Ferrari's I now they keep saying they don't have the grunt of the Williams - but they are on home ground
Old 10 Sep 2001, 07:19 (Ref:144300)   #18
RALFANATOR
Racer

RALFANATOR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If williams let these BMW gems to rev this time both cars will sit on the front row . As for which one well MONZA would be the eazyest track .For that reason TCF doesn't have to think to much about driving here so he should take pole. As for the race he will overdrive the car AGAIN I see a DNF, if williams can remember there in F1 and not karts and stop leaving cars on jacks Ralf could take this out . But only if the BMW's rev
Old 10 Sep 2001, 08:30 (Ref:144309)   #19
Dino IV
Veteran

MagnetON
NL
Dino IV should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDino IV should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Two things, Aggy.

First the last time the really 'not-best' car won in a season - single 'lucky' shots excluded- were Senna's five 1993 victories.

Second the Williams is not the best car this season. It has been strong on a few tracks to which it was suited, but so was the McLaren. Overall the Ferrari is the car to have.

IMO.
Old 10 Sep 2001, 10:28 (Ref:144323)   #20
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
To be fair, i think that even if Williams do not have the best car, they have the highest reving, most powerful, most prone to blow up engine of the top three team.

And the last time a really non-best car (weaker than the best by a margin) won a race was Michael Schumacher in a 1996 Ferrari...3 times
... And he'd win again here...won't he, if Williams decide to cap the BMW in order to get reliability...

Oh...and JPM getting the new chassis this time...let's see if he can make better use of it than Ralf...

Monza the easiest track? Along the straights, yes...but come to the braking...its easiest to lock up and cock up...

And the first 2 chicanes are just...pathetic...
Old 10 Sep 2001, 10:47 (Ref:144324)   #21
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
how special is it for JPM or Ralf to win in the best car?.
You think the Williams is the best car? I'd say far from it - it's not the best chassis (I would give that title to Ferrari) and it's not actually the best engine either. It's the most powerful, sure, but to be the best it has to be reliable as well. That it is not. So Ferrari has the best engine as well.

A Williams is not the best car to be driving, that much is obvious.
Old 10 Sep 2001, 11:15 (Ref:144329)   #22
AGGY
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by Dino IV

Two things, Aggy.

First the last time the really 'not-best' car won in a season - single 'lucky' shots excluded- were Senna's five 1993 victories.

I vaguely recall 3 Ferrari victories in 96.

Quote:
Second the Williams is not the best car this season. It has been strong on a few tracks to which it was suited, but so was the McLaren. Overall the Ferrari is the car to have.

IMO.
Ferrari the best ,yes..but i`m saying that Williams will be the best at Monza...therefore winning in them is still a challenge,but hardly unexpected.
Old 10 Sep 2001, 11:16 (Ref:144330)   #23
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Dino and Steph, may I reply to both of you. It is not as simple to say whether the Williams is the best car or not. The Michelins are the dominating variable in this equation, and if Monza is hot, then the Williams will shine on this fast track. So I think this weekend's race will be down to reliability and some luck - if both ladies ride with JPM, he will be on pole and he will win.
Old 10 Sep 2001, 11:17 (Ref:144332)   #24
AGGY
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by Ralf's Girl

You think the Williams is the best car? I'd say far from it - it's not the best chassis (I would give that title to Ferrari) and it's not actually the best engine either. It's the most powerful, sure, but to be the best it has to be reliable as well. That it is not. So Ferrari has the best engine as well.

A Williams is not the best car to be driving, that much is obvious.
I meant best car at Monza.
Old 10 Sep 2001, 11:21 (Ref:144335)   #25
AGGY
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by Gt_R
[Monza the easiest track? Along the straights, yes...but come to the braking...its easiest to lock up and cock up...

And the first 2 chicanes are just...pathetic... [/B]
Fair enough...but if you had to nominate two tracks which best suited the williams...which would they be???

Tags
jpm