Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 27 Feb 2014, 23:10 (Ref:3372953)   #1
Distracted
Racer

United Kingdom
Distracted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lydden Hill WRC

There's a decent chance I can get there in May, but I've never been to a Rallycross event yet. (I know... I'm awful! )

What's the best day to go? Sat or Sun? Is there somewhere to stay down there? (I could just fold the back seats down in the car and sleep in that, but I've got bum shoulder that really wouldn't appreciate it!) Travelodge or the like?

Is the course easy to get to?

Any info is greatly appreciated!!
Old 28 Feb 2014, 09:11 (Ref:3373071)   #2
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If you can only go one day then Sunday would be the logical choice, as that is the day all the finals will run.

There are Premier Inn's in Dover, Canterbury, Whitstable and Herne Bay, all of which are less than 30 minutes from Lydden. I believe there is a Holiday Inn and Travelodge in the area as well, but I always opt for Premier Inn, so I'm not sure exactly where the other places are.

Canterbury and Dover are the closest to Lydden. Lydden is on the A2; Canterbury is at the North end of the A2, Dover is at the South end, both are about 15 minutes drive from the track (I personally would opt for somewhere in or around Canterbury though).

There are also loads of B&B's dotted around there as well. If money is no object I'd recommend the Old Kent Barn (http://www.theoldkentbarn.co.uk/) which is pretty much on the doorstep of Lydden. Everywhere local is likely to fill up quickly though, so book early!
Old 1 Mar 2014, 13:30 (Ref:3373614)   #3
Distracted
Racer

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
If you can only go one day then Sunday would be the logical choice, as that is the day all the finals will run.
Thank you! I figured Sunday would be best but wanted to double check.

Quote:
There are Premier Inn's in Dover, Canterbury, Whitstable and Herne Bay, all of which are less than 30 minutes from Lydden. I believe there is a Holiday Inn and Travelodge in the area as well, but I always opt for Premier Inn, so I'm not sure exactly where the other places are.

Canterbury and Dover are the closest to Lydden. Lydden is on the A2; Canterbury is at the North end of the A2, Dover is at the South end, both are about 15 minutes drive from the track (I personally would opt for somewhere in or around Canterbury though).

There are also loads of B&B's dotted around there as well. If money is no object I'd recommend the Old Kent Barn (http://www.theoldkentbarn.co.uk/) which is pretty much on the doorstep of Lydden. Everywhere local is likely to fill up quickly though, so book early!
That's very helpful.

What's the best time to arrive at Lydden? (Bearing in mind I'm a Northern girl through and through and will probably get lost!)
Old 1 Mar 2014, 18:32 (Ref:3373723)   #4
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Distracted View Post
What's the best time to arrive at Lydden? (Bearing in mind I'm a Northern girl through and through and will probably get lost!)
Sundays at Lydden have a noise restriction so nothing will be on circuit before midday - that gives you plenty of time to get to the circuit and have a good wander around the paddock before the action starts.

Saturdays the circuit can go live at 9am so potentially there could be more on track action on the Saturday but last years timetables did have a lot of holes in - hopefully that's something they'll improve on this year (as long as they don't put more drifters out )
Old 2 Mar 2014, 10:57 (Ref:3373988)   #5
Distracted
Racer

United Kingdom
Thank you!