Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 1 Apr 2014, 16:05 (Ref:3387459)   #1
GtiMagic
Racer

GtiMagic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGtiMagic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DJR Management

A friend of my cousins uncles sisters nephew believes theres a new management structure coming for DJR. If the snippets they heard were correct we can expect to see a bit of musical chairs as a result including from within v8 headquarters. Could this be another step towards the DJR and Penske merge? They have Campbell little who is their answer to Matt Nelson. They just need their own Adrian burgess to steer the ship.
Old 1 Apr 2014, 20:57 (Ref:3387563)   #2
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
bUSINESS AS USUAL
Old 1 Apr 2014, 21:26 (Ref:3387586)   #3
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
Except that Mr Johnson is unlikely to be the majority partner and therefore sole decision maker in that operation, despite his name above the door...

Old 2 Apr 2014, 02:32 (Ref:3387662)   #4
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
eduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtiMagic View Post
A friend of my cousins uncles sisters nephew believes theres a new management structure coming for DJR. If the snippets they heard were correct we can expect to see a bit of musical chairs as a result including from within v8 headquarters. Could this be another step towards the DJR and Penske merge? They have Campbell little who is their answer to Matt Nelson. They just need their own Adrian burgess to steer the ship.
Did they also see Ferris Bueller pass out at 31 Flavours last night?

Skip to 30 seconds if you're really busy

And GT-R, is Mr Johnson still a majority owner of the business?
Old 2 Apr 2014, 08:55 (Ref:3387749)   #5
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by eduardo1 View Post
Did they also see Ferris Bueller pass out at 31 Flavours last night?

Skip to 30 seconds if you're really busy

And GT-R, is Mr Johnson still a majority owner of the business?
Save Ferris!!

As for the ownership.. in the most recent discussions around the time of the front page Daily Telegraph and A Current Affair reports last year, that Mr Johnson owned 1/3 of the REC & team... the balance with Mr Brabeck and/or another partner.

With the procurement of the 2nd REC this year, you might imagine that percentage of ownership to have diluted further, unless additional equity arrived...
Old 5 Apr 2014, 02:58 (Ref:3388862)   #6
Gaz170
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast, QLD
Gaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm still amazed, given the public support for DJR, that they haven't listed on the share market. I'm sure there would be hundreds if not thousands of punters wanting to put up a few grand to be able to say they are a part owner.

Whether the investment would pay is another matter, this would be driven by the heart not the head.
Old 5 Apr 2014, 03:41 (Ref:3388872)   #7
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz170 View Post
I'm still amazed, given the public support for DJR, that they haven't listed on the share market. I'm sure there would be hundreds if not thousands of punters wanting to put up a few grand to be able to say they are a part owner.

Whether the investment would pay is another matter, this would be driven by the heart not the head.
Hasn't the public had shares in DJR since October 5 1980?
Old 13 May 2014, 02:04 (Ref:3405681)   #8
GtiMagic
Racer

GtiMagic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGtiMagic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't know how to merge threads but I wonder if the new job advertised for the technical director at V8 HQ is related to my OT. My maybe not so crazy thinking is that V8 Supercars have been very open about their assistance in trying to get the Penske deal done. They have a guy (Damian White) who is currently in charge of motorsport who obviously understands the business. Maybe as a part of the brokerage dealing between Penkse/DJR/V8 they have offered White to lead DJR/Penske but not until Whites replacement is found (hence the new position).
I'm not a DJR fan, but definitely not anti them either. I think if they were looking to boost their management White would be a good choice.
Old 13 May 2014, 21:45 (Ref:3406024)   #9
Backagain
Racer

Backagain has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Posted by Gti magic:
I think if they were looking to boost their management White would be a good choice.
You surely cannot be serious ??????????????
Old 14 May 2014, 02:38 (Ref:3406080)   #10
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtiMagic View Post
Don't know how to merge threads but I wonder if the new job advertised for the technical director at V8 HQ is related to my OT. My maybe not so crazy thinking is that V8 Supercars have been very open about their assistance in trying to get the Penske deal done. They have a guy (Damian White) who is currently in charge of motorsport who obviously understands the business. Maybe as a part of the brokerage dealing between Penkse/DJR/V8 they have offered White to lead DJR/Penske but not until Whites replacement is found (hence the new position).
I'm not a DJR fan, but definitely not anti them either. I think if they were looking to boost their management White would be a good choice.
Think that you're adding 2+2 and getting the wrong answer there mate.

DJR have just employed Matt Cousins which is a very positive move. When you have Matt & Campbell Little it would be a backward step to go with Damian White (with all due respect to Damian).

Both Campbell and Matt each have way more experience and way more capability than Damian.
Old 20 May 2014, 23:27 (Ref:3408432)   #11
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Junior Declares Bankruptcy

Old 21 May 2014, 00:48 (Ref:3408451)   #12
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Jesus christ, how do you lose that much money?

Always maddens me to see people who obviously had some degree of money but got too ambitious or aggressive with their purchases and lost it.

I will get flamed for this but the fruit doesn't fall far from the tree.
Old 21 May 2014, 01:54 (Ref:3408465)   #13
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Jesus christ, how do you lose that much money?
That's a very good question... The article talks about Snr's financial woes, which are fairly easy to understand..... But no explanation as to how Jnr ended up in the poo.
Old 21 May 2014, 02:17 (Ref:3408467)   #14
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappelli View Post
That's a very good question... The article talks about Snr's financial woes, which are fairly easy to understand..... But no explanation as to how Jnr ended up in the poo.
I guess its probably the old thing of spending big while the going is good and not putting anything away. Surprisingly common.
Old 21 May 2014, 02:58 (Ref:3408472)   #15
xrystl
Racer

Pitcairn Islands
gold coast
xrystl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
IMHO Where they built their mansion was a problem as what they built is out of proportion to the area (call it the best house in the worst street) , nice area that it is but most dwellings in that estate are in the $600-850k range , probably find what the place sold for is still way above what the area is worth as it's still an "Upper Coomera" address which is a bit of a stigma here on the Gold Coast unless it's one of the farming properties nestled in the foothills of Tamborine mountain.
Old 21 May 2014, 04:33 (Ref:3408478)   #16
Mixer
Veteran

Does seem like a serious case of over-capitalisation.
Old 21 May 2014, 06:34 (Ref:3408489)   #17
Racenut
Racer

Australia
Racenut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes but the bank would have loaned money based on a valuation, so it must have stacked up. He would have also had to show that he could afford the repayments, which at the time he probably could. I wonder when his employer stopped paying? must have been a long time ago if Jnr was selling in 2011 (probably to pay the bank).

It takes an awful lot to get to this point. Steve and his wife would have been going through hell. Now the only way is up.

Keep ya head up Steve
Old 21 May 2014, 14:49 (Ref:3408700)   #18
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I guess its probably the old thing of spending big while the going is good and not putting anything away. Surprisingly common.
It happens to a lot of racing drivers. Most drivers that make the pros only have a few years of big earning, if at all, but many will adopt that lifestyle without any thought that at some point their career will decline and their earnings fall off of a cliff. I know of a number of former pros here in the USA having to live very humble simple lives because they failed to invest and save their earnings during the few big years they had.

I remember years ago when salaries were listed for V8 Supercar drivers, Jnr. had a salary that was said to be $400K a year. That's not bad, but after taxes and expenses, they should have really been buying a $600-800K house, paying it off fast and living a normal lifestyle rather than trying to be a millionaire they were not.

But as some said the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
Old 21 May 2014, 16:30 (Ref:3408746)   #19
Bell_End
Racer

Jamaica
Church Tower
Bell_End should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I doubt Stevie was actually on that amount mentioned.
Old 7 Jun 2014, 07:04 (Ref:3416459)   #20
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
Amaroo Park should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When times are tough you stop paying family first
Old 18 Jun 2014, 05:30 (Ref:3423302)   #21
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Interesting to see in AA today, a multi page feature on DJR. A puff piece for all intents and purposes, it outlines the journey of the 2013 & 2014 years, focusing squarely on an inherent rigidity & strength of the organisation.

If you didnt know any better, you might think it was the advertising campaign for the AA-pushed Penske deal... indeed maybe the article was a swapsie for the 'top secret info' that was leaked in their tome.

Interesting too that the story makes no mention of future plans with Penske, nor indeed explaining how the partners in the DJR entity actually come together to make the place tick, and who is ultimately responsible for their activities...

Old 24 Jun 2014, 23:56 (Ref:3426089)   #22
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
DJR Waits For Penske

Wonder what Plan 'B' might be if an investment is not forthcoming
Old 25 Jun 2014, 00:34 (Ref:3426101)   #23
Mixer
Veteran

Is it really the kind of messaging you want?

I have to admire the stability with DJR since Steve Brabeck became part of it, I have to admit I didn't see it lasting.

They just come off seeming a bit desperate.
Old 25 Jun 2014, 00:49 (Ref:3426107)   #24
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Is it really the kind of messaging you want?

I have to admire the stability with DJR since Steve Brabeck became part of it, I have to admit I didn't see it lasting.

They just come off seeming a bit desperate.
Presumably the investment by Mr Brabeck on an ongoing basis for operation, and the securing of a second REC had an end game in mind.

Penske seems to be the end game, if this article is to be taken at face value.

Waiting for an angel investor is not necessarily a sound, repeatable, solid business plan...
Old 25 Jun 2014, 02:56 (Ref:3426124)   #25
kiwi20
Racer

New Zealand
kiwi20 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/motoring/n...ectid=11280033

Maybe this could be a back up plan....