Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 10 Jun 2014, 05:25 (Ref:3417960)   #1
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Terry Scannell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
HSCC Autosport 3hr Snetterton 6/7/8th June

May I express my sincere appreciation of everyone involved in making the meeting such a success, which is especially due to the absolutely brilliant teamwork by all the marshals around the circuit and by the MSV staff and MSV Snetterton circuit recovery teams with the superb recovery and circuit maintenance work. Thanks Mark, James and team for all your hard work with this.

This allowed the team in Race Control to keep the turnarounds to an absolute minimum between sessions. Indeed the repairs to the barrier on Senna during what was already a very tight lunch break was a massive help to the HSCC team to allow us to achieve a full programme during the Sunday afternoon, in addition to the very quick recovery and barrier repairs carried out on a live track, under the Safety Car during the 3hr race on Saturday. The trackside support on Friday evening was also greatly appreciated.

Also a really big thank you to Steve and Russell manning the Safety Car, superb job guys - great to work with you as always -same time next year please?

To the competitors - apologies for not seeing as many of you (in a social manner, that is) it was quite a full on job in RC keeping us to all to timetable however the actual racing throughout the weekend was absolutely brilliant with excellent driving standards during the whole event.

The weekend finished off with a full grid of Historic Formula Fords who had one of the most competitive races I have seen since the days when the cars were new - 1st & 2nd crossed the line for the chequered flag with a gap of 0.001sec! Brilliant race and not one contact incident - racing how it should be!

Here's to next year.

Terry
Old 10 Jun 2014, 20:18 (Ref:3418308)   #2
PSM3449
Rookie

England
Suffolk
PSM3449 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great weekend, really enjoyed it, cheers
Old 12 Jun 2014, 21:13 (Ref:3419606)   #3
Celia Stevens
Racer

England
Hundon Sudbury
Celia Stevens should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCelia Stevens should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anglia Fire

Hi Everyone, . I just want to say a very BIG thank-you to the marshals at Snetterton on Sunday. After the chequered flag at the end of the second HSCC Touring Car race my beloved Anglia (which actually belongs to Ian my other half) started to smoke. Unknown to me the engine was on fire but I pulled in to the side at the hairpin as I thought the engine had a 'normal' problem whereupon flames came out of the bonnet and air vent. I leapt out of the car and before I had time to pull the extinguisher the fire crew were there and had it all under control. What a fantastic bunch of guys and what an amazingly professional operation. They were all very nice to me as well as they could see I was gutted. I was put in the course truck and taken back to the paddock and the Anglia followed on after on the truck.
Thanks to their quick action the only bodywork to need painting is the bonnet and engine bay but we haven't had time to find the root cause yet.
It's strange the reaction you have to such an event. I never thought that the car could be a danger to me as it was burning, all that was in my mind was 'No please don't burn, I couldn't bear it!'
Sorry I haven't posted before, still trying to sort car out!
From a very grateful Celia