Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 2 Oct 2001, 15:11 (Ref:154801)   #1
Eddie_harasym
Veteran

Eddie_harasym should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Team Dynamics Return?

Is it just me or does anyone else miss the Neal/T.Dynamics combo? (Plus the curvy girlies, handing out freebies)

Maybe they will be back in 02 BTC? Perhaps with an 01 Astra?

They are running fairly well in ETC but I think its too much for a team thats still indie to run in the ETC top class, evan to lower cost rules.

A pukka BTC return would be better, with a two car attack, with 01 spec cars or evan sattelite team with 02 cars from MG? (That would improve MG's name no end) After all they once proposed a 2 car team to expensive ST rules.

They take proffesionalism of an Indie team to new levels and I'm sure everyone would welcome a return in 02?

What da ya think?
Old 2 Oct 2001, 16:58 (Ref:154855)   #2
AndyF
Veteran

AndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I would like to see Team Dynamics back with an 01 works car next year. Hopefuuly, this would be the start of an Independants Cup for last year's works and 2002 private entry cars!!??
Old 2 Oct 2001, 19:01 (Ref:154925)   #3
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't miss them. I have watched them in the FIA ETCC - STC. They may not have done the best of results, but it is nice to see Neal running in his Nissan.
Old 2 Oct 2001, 20:03 (Ref:154949)   #4
MrTTraces
Veteran

Zimbabwe
A place where the coffee is cold!
MrTTraces should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Neal is a top bloke and such a character that the sooner he is back in the BTCC the better.

I will never forget standing at the very corner (by the spit fire) at donington, when he overtook Thompsons honda for the lead and the first ever privateers win.
Old 2 Oct 2001, 22:35 (Ref:155049)   #5
Guy Goddard
Racer

Guy Goddard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
According to my contacts Team Dynamics are to secure either the ex Vauxhall Jason Plato car or the Anthony Reid MG, Neal wants to come back on the basis he has a front running car.
He will return, what he drives is unknown but it won't be a Peugeot!.
Old 3 Oct 2001, 11:14 (Ref:155237)   #6
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Guy,

Forgive the question, but are you related to Earl Goddard of F3000 fame?

Stephen.
Old 3 Oct 2001, 21:07 (Ref:155531)   #7
pink69
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire / Nottingham
pink69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Give Neal an MG. A true brit driver in a true british race car. If anyone can get MG a win then it would be Neal. He was peugeots best driver at the start of the seaon by far.
Old 3 Oct 2001, 21:30 (Ref:155550)   #8
pb btcc
Veteran

pb btcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope its the MG the car will look good in that red paint work of Dynamics.

(fingers crossed) Big matt will return
Old 3 Oct 2001, 21:40 (Ref:155556)   #9
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
I hadn't thought of that, it would look good in Dynamics Red! I'm sure he will be back soon as the old Nissan will be four years old next year and that's old for a Touring Car!
Old 3 Oct 2001, 22:08 (Ref:155577)   #10
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It'd be nice to see him in an MG, but I think it'll be a Vauxhall, as he could win races with that next year.

BTW - Does anyone know how this 'True Brit' MG team for next years coming along. Maybe thats what the extra 2 MG's next year will be called.
Old 3 Oct 2001, 22:22 (Ref:155585)   #11
Guy Goddard
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by touringlegend

BTW - Does anyone know how this 'True Brit' MG team for next years coming along. Maybe thats what the extra 2 MG's next year will be called.

As Im on the "inside" I can tell you things are going well for next year, 4 cars will run, Reid is confirmed, Hughes is not although he looks likely to get the nod. Talk has been about Matt Neal in the third car,with unconfirmed reports that Neal has tested this years MG car already, if Team Dynamics don't get him MG will. Fourth driver unknown, this will depend on Vauxhalls line up for next year although Plato looks to have blown it as he is not talked off highly at MG with his un sportsman like tatics this year. Thompson a possiblity but MG would love to put a big name in the car - Mansell or Hill.

P.s Im not related to Earl Goddard!.
Old 3 Oct 2001, 22:33 (Ref:155595)   #12
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Guy, put in a good word for me... !
Old 3 Oct 2001, 22:55 (Ref:155602)   #13
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Thanks Guy,

Many thanks for the 'inside' news, it's appreciated by all of us. It would be great to see Damon in a car again, he would no doubt draw almost as many fans as Nigel would. I hope Warren gets the drive too, he's been almost there for so long now and really deserves a break in my view. I used to watch him race in F3 and he did a damn good job then!
Old 3 Oct 2001, 23:00 (Ref:155603)   #14
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
Warren's a real good driver. Before MG came in at Silverstone, a lot of people were going on about how he had to prove himself, but i was like, what does he have to prove, he's doing a fab job.
Old 4 Oct 2001, 23:16 (Ref:156061)   #15
Guy Goddard
Racer

Quote:
Warren's a real good driver. Before MG came in at Silverstone, a lot of people were going on about how he had to prove himself, but i was like, what does he have to prove, he's doing a fab job.
I will put that good word in for you mate!, Warren Hughes has impressed all of us and only a £3 plug messed up his race at Donnington park because the radio connection in his car came loose, however I wouldn't say he is safe yet as there are many good drivers on offer for next year.
I know when I brought it up last time that Mansell was a possiblity I was shot down in flames but talks have taken place with him, with Mansell you get huge media attention and brand awarness and thats exactly what MG want, he may be a long shot but he is in the running for a drive.
Matt Neal would be a welcome addition to the team.
Old 5 Oct 2001, 09:17 (Ref:156169)   #16
Eddie_harasym
Veteran

Guy,

Being a Rover owner for some time and always wanting more sporting cars, to the standard of the Turbo Coupe, it was greta to see MG relaunched.

Question is although Mansell would bring great media attention and much needed support for both MG and the BTC, isn't he a bit long in the tooth, for the brand.

Surely Neal would bring a fair amount of media attention, but a larger following of younger brand influenced people? (and lots of curvy girls)

P.S. would there be 2 cars in a works setup and then 2 in a sattelite team? ala EGG Astra.
Old 5 Oct 2001, 15:49 (Ref:156310)   #17
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
It's a hard one to call.
Take Mansell, and get the BTCC LOTS of publicity & MG as well(PS - that way they may help advertise other brands in a way!), or take Neal and get loadsa' girls, and a real true character. I would say Matt Neal deserves it but if I had to be selfish(well sort of!) I would take Mansell, that way more manufacturers and big name drivers would enter.

Have MG ever thought of asking Mika Hakkinen for a favour???
Old 5 Oct 2001, 22:00 (Ref:156494)   #18
Guy Goddard
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by Eddie_harasym
Guy,

Being a Rover owner for some time and always wanting more sporting cars, to the standard of the Turbo Coupe, it was greta to see MG relaunched.

Question is although Mansell would bring great media attention and much needed support for both MG and the BTC, isn't he a bit long in the tooth, for the brand.

Surely Neal would bring a fair amount of media attention, but a larger following of younger brand influenced people? (and lots of curvy girls)

P.S. would there be 2 cars in a works setup and then 2 in a sattelite team? ala EGG Astra.
Hi Eddie, the 220 turbo Coupe was the best car ever made in my opinion with awesome power and Honda development.
I Don't think Nigel Mansells age is the factor for MG they simply see it as having 2 very capable drivers i.e Reid and Neal or Hughes and 2 should we say support drivers who may bring more off the track to the team than on it, with Mansell you do get a wealth of experience and at West Surrey Racing he was largely responsible for the performance of the car in wet conditions.
The budget MG has is huge (well they pay me well!) if you simply look at Mansell as a driver you miss the point as to why MG are talking to him, you simply get instant media and if he does anthing like Donnington in 98 the purpose of him there is served.
Im not saying he will drive as there are contract issues but I do think Matt Neal should get a drive.
Touinglegend had a point also that signing Mansell due to the fact of who he is will increase spectators, BBC would cover live events and other manufacturers would join in, there is no other English driver I know that has such a huge following or impact on any series he drives in.
I will keep you posted on any further news I have, Im off to test a new aero pack for the car prior to Brands.

Regards

Guy
Old 6 Oct 2001, 01:10 (Ref:156573)   #19
kristof14
Veteran

kristof14 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i reckon the best possible combo of drivers to have publicity wise would be Mansell and Hill! (I here he's bored as hell now! )
Old 6 Oct 2001, 10:24 (Ref:156652)   #20
Eddie_harasym
Veteran

Guy,

Hope the team get the car running well and a possible podium for Brands
Old 6 Oct 2001, 15:45 (Ref:156760)   #21
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
Well what can I say Guy, your aero kit improvements must have worked!

Smashing job young chap.

Last edited by touringlegend; 6 Oct 2001 at 15:49.
Old 6 Oct 2001, 19:02 (Ref:156798)   #22
Guy Goddard
Racer

Quote:
Well what can I say Guy, your aero kit improvements must have worked!

Smashing job young chap.
I don't feel young after today , good balance with the car although tomorrow's race will be all about getting into the first corner in front, we have calculated we will catch the production class about 2/3 laps before the flag and this could decide the outcome and of course the weather.

Regards

Guy
Old 6 Oct 2001, 19:27 (Ref:156812)   #23
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
Well if Warren can make a good start, he has a good chance of winning as Muller & Plato will be fighting amongst themselves!

Why don't you feel young after today? Long days work?
Old 6 Oct 2001, 19:38 (Ref:156819)   #24
Guy Goddard
Racer

Quote:
Why don't you feel young after today? Long days work?
Yes, up since 5am, taking pole means people expect more from you. We need to do more work on Reids car in the morning and is 4 sets of rear bumpers going to be enough stock with 2 Vauxhalls behind us!
Old 6 Oct 2001, 19:54 (Ref:156825)   #25
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
More like 4 new cars!

Infact, let Jason punt off Warren and he'll get disqualified! Muller will be champ. No harm to the MG team though Guy.