Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 7 Oct 2001, 07:23 (Ref:156944)   #1
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
Holden Win !!!!!

But i wasnt going for them...I wanted Brad Jones to get up there and win ..but 2nd was a great effort and yes I am about to gloat...He is a local man here and im sure the streets are goona party over this one...well done Brad and John "Aussie" Cleland.

what a race ..one of the best i have seen ..everyone drove really well...except for that paul morris fella..guess he didnt need that pommy bloke after all
what a prat..if ya see him up north give him a good slap for me please.

but well done HRT and well done everybody on a fantastic race.
Old 7 Oct 2001, 07:33 (Ref:156947)   #2
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Top drive by the top three cars, all six drivers can take a bow.
Old 7 Oct 2001, 08:29 (Ref:156966)   #3
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Once again another great race , regardless of the outcome.
Old 7 Oct 2001, 08:53 (Ref:156981)   #4
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Well done to HRT *turns to throw up*

It was a very professional and championship winning drive, also to Jones - top effort.

Now , as for that moron driving the 'Big Loser', sorry, 'Big Kev' car, all I can say is "I'M ANGRY", not excited. That was stupid. Some of the worst driving ever seen at the mountain and I expected better from Paul Morris.

Silly errors from Ambrose, Perkins and Bowe.

Great race though - shame there was'nt more rain, better racing and Moffat and Mt Panorama were there.
Old 7 Oct 2001, 10:31 (Ref:156992)   #5
RALFANATOR
Racer

RALFANATOR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yes a well done to HRT . even though it has killed the c/ship . HRT did a great job all day and when the luck was up for grab's skaife crabed it the both hands and thats what it takes to be at the right spot at the right time . pity about the rest of the rounds it would have be great to take it to the wire . I think of all the supercar bathurst this was the best . but as a event no so hot no main sponsor lowest crowd smallest field .not to hot for the so called best tintops in the world .

But well done to HRT
Old 7 Oct 2001, 10:51 (Ref:157005)   #6
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The fact that Holden had a pair of front line cars that dominated, against three second line (but hey, they put on one flamin great show), really did help decide the race. If say Seton, or car 17 were up there at the end, it could have been a bit different.

I'm surprised Morris has such a chip on his shoulder...

Well done HRT, the best car won it.
Old 7 Oct 2001, 12:12 (Ref:157054)   #7
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If only it was any other holden but that one.

Did anyone else catch Skaife on the radio whinging to Jeff Gretch about Greg Murphy being all over him and trying to pass him. I thought thats what motor racing was about. The chanel 9 1/2 comentators also said they heard Skaife tell murphy to get used to his bumper ,because thats all he was going to see. Murphy then passed him on the next lap

The drives of the day have to go to Jones/ Cleland and to MClean/ Ritter. I had $5 on the number 18 car to finish in the top 3, oh so close. Would have paid $125
Old 7 Oct 2001, 12:23 (Ref:157058)   #8
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Blimey....my $5 on car 4 wasn't placed until after the shoot out...at the ripe price of $7...yerrrgghhh

I thought that was pretty rude by Skaife...but hey, that's life!

Anyways, here's a bit of a kudos rollcall:

Car 1- best car and game plan on the day.
Car 21- did anyone in their right mind pick them? Classy, classy stuff.
Car 15- They could have very easily walked away with it, Todd was particularly good.
Car 18- Cam was great, but he didn't have the car under him at the end. Ritter, well it goes without saying- an awful lot of people will rate him after that performance.
Car 6- I must say that i didn't rate Canto at all before that last stint, but he stuck in some quite good laps, and stuck with them for a little while.
Car 34- Dunno...they were there or thereabouts and could have won it.
Car 31- Another big effort, they certainly had their fingers out ala car 21
Car 11- Hrmmmm....Larry you goose!
Car 5- Another 15 and 34 story....woulda coulda shoulda
Cars 3 and 23- Solid, well done.
Car 29- ...
Car 24- Good result at the end of the day
and so on...
Old 8 Oct 2001, 09:15 (Ref:157368)   #9
Brock
Rookie

Brock should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How stupid must Stone Brothers be feeling. They get rid of Longhurst for Besnard and Longhurst wins and besnard looks like the Goose he is. Well done Tony I hope you get Caltex sponsorship for the new TWR team...............
Old 8 Oct 2001, 09:27 (Ref:157372)   #10
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It doesn't pay going into the race with four young drivers they badly needed experience which is what Longhurst would've given the team. I suppose Stone Bros loss was HRT's gain. On the result i think Brad Jones effort to come second was the story of the day, even as a Holden supporter i was pleased to see Jones/Cleland up on the podium at the end of the day.
Old 12 Oct 2001, 03:08 (Ref:159497)   #11
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It seems nowadays that you can't pass someone in most Shell races without bumping or rubbing them, but did anyone else notice that at the end of the day, the first 3 cars across the line didnt have a mark on them. I think there's plenty to be learnt from that.