Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 12 Oct 2001, 11:20 (Ref:159579)   #1
simon_blay
Racer

simon_blay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brands "Red Flag"

Could someone tell me why one of the races at Brands was stopped? Was it Sopers accident, which looked rather bad on the webcam, or was it someone form production, which is what I thought I heard. Just wondering, because I know the weather was bad, but its not very often a BTCC race gets red flagged now these days, is it?
When was the last race that got stopped?

Also, how do u use the icons???
Old 12 Oct 2001, 13:14 (Ref:159631)   #2
Kelvin
Veteran

Kelvin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sopers car left an awful lot of debris on the circuit, lots of Marshals were on the track, I then think SC came out. Race restarted then Moen and perhaps it was Howell or Jackson went off (straight on at Graham Hill bend) Both hit the barriers up the hill (when you see it on TV it will make sense!!) Moen was lucky not to have been hit by a Focus. It was here the red flag came out, there may have been another incident on the circuit too.

Kelvin
Old 12 Oct 2001, 17:24 (Ref:159719)   #3
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
One of the Barwell Hondas was in the gravel at Paddock as well, think it might have been Graves. It was fairly close to the track and probably in a dangerous position.
Old 12 Oct 2001, 22:08 (Ref:159862)   #4
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I've never seen anything remotely like the Focus and the 306 spearing off at Graham Hill. Quite the most bizarre accident I've ever witnessed.