Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 13 Oct 2001, 13:25 (Ref:160073)   #1
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
Rider killed

sadly today a rider lost his life after falling during a supersport race as a support event at Phillip Island.

I dont know any information about who it was or what exactly happened because i have only just heard the news...

another sad day in the world of motorsport and my condolences go out to the mans family and friends.
Old 14 Oct 2001, 07:48 (Ref:160329)   #2
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As usual I cannot find any information so far on this. I did hear the end of a channel 10 mention of the incident but I heard no names nor when it happened.
Old 14 Oct 2001, 09:08 (Ref:160355)   #3
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
just checked motorcycle news and they dont have anything about about it, think it was a rider named clint farr , but dont quote me....watched the bikes all day on foxtel today and they didnt mention one thing - which is strange considering that they showed both 600 supersport races on friday and saturday

comiserations to the riders family, that is an absolute tragedy for australian road racing.
Old 14 Oct 2001, 16:13 (Ref:160504)   #4
3M_chix
Rookie

3M_chix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A friend posted this on another message board..

Quote:
Weekend marred

The weekend was marred by the death of a 21-year-old
Australian rider in a support race on Saturday. Clint Farr, from Victoria, was airlifted from the track after the accident on Saturday but died in hospital.
Then in Sunday's 500 race Spain's Jose Luis Cardoso was involved in a pit-lane accident involving a mechanic. Both Cardoso and the mechanic were put in neck braces and taken away by ambulances.
~Sarah
Old 14 Oct 2001, 16:52 (Ref:160526)   #5
3M_chix
Rookie

3M_chix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I forgot to add that she got that article from www.BBC.co.uk/sport

the last bit of the article about today's races

~Sarah
Old 14 Oct 2001, 20:06 (Ref:160605)   #6
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
Yep it was Clinton Farr..I saw a piece on the news about him last night ..this young guy lived for bike racing ..it was his whole life and sadly it ended it...his big dream was just to compete in a support race at the Australian GP ..he managed to do it but at the ultimate cost .

RIP Clint
Old 15 Oct 2001, 06:27 (Ref:160734)   #7
lena_au
Rookie

lena_au should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
sad day for the Island

Yes, I only heard about it today(Monday 15th). There was not much on the news in Australia at all on the fatality. Another young Australian rider taken from us. My thoughts go to his family and friends.
Old 16 Oct 2001, 11:16 (Ref:161374)   #8
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I noticed that he was mentioned at the start of the 500 race on channel 10 too.

mcnews.com.au should have something official now I believe.
Old 16 Oct 2001, 21:52 (Ref:161695)   #9
lena_au
Rookie

lena_au should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
site found for clinton farr

Hi elphino,
My husband was just looking around the net last night and found a site that was a memorial to young Clinton. He thinks it was on Austar and it had a few details on the incident and also had an area where you could post your condolences to the family and friends of this young man. I hope you find it ok. Sorry I couldn't be much more help on this.
Bernie.
Old 17 Oct 2001, 10:25 (Ref:161877)   #10
elephino
Veteran

That was most likely mcnews as I received an email from their mailing list saying they would be doing that with an area for condolences which would be passed on to the family.