Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Kart Racing

Old 15 Oct 2001, 13:22 (Ref:160885)   #1
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Monaco Kart Race

Did anyone else see the charity kart race from Monaco over the weekend where Johnnie Herbert came third? Fantastic racing around the streets of Monaco all in aid of charity. Why don't we have something similar in this country?

Stephen.
Old 18 Oct 2001, 14:33 (Ref:162503)   #2
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
while i didnt see the race you are talking about Stephen ..i have in the past seen the indoor races at the end of the year featuring the formula One stars..just awesome to see guys like Michael Schumacher , Johnny herbert , Luca badoer and oliver panis amoungst others get back to basics and really throw these karts around..I dont know of any events besides the one in france and of course the one you refer to anywhere else in the world..but it sure makes for some great viewing.
Old 18 Oct 2001, 15:04 (Ref:162517)   #3
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
There's normally one in Paris Bourcey as well, it's normally shown on Eurosport I believe. However, it was a great race and it's been repeated a couple of times already if you have Sky!
Old 18 Oct 2001, 19:07 (Ref:162590)   #4
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have seen kart racing in the streets of Hull,and Peel Isle of Man.
Old 18 Oct 2001, 21:59 (Ref:162676)   #5
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Wouldn't it be great to see a charity Kart event at somewhere like the NEC in Birmingham. Thses things always seem to be abroad. Bummer.
Old 19 Oct 2001, 02:12 (Ref:162723)   #6
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
yes the isle of man kart races are awesome ..i have seen some footage of it in the past and it is breathtaking ..I dont think however that there are any "celebrity" races held there ..allthough I maybe wrong about that.

Stephen ..maybe a crusade for you is to get some of britians top racing drivers into a charity event at birmingham or somewhere like that ..im sure it would be well recieved by the motor racing public.
Old 19 Oct 2001, 07:39 (Ref:162770)   #7
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Well it's not a bad idea Marcus. I'll give it some thought and see what happens! The guys at Brands Hatch set up a charity called Racing For Children so maybe we could tie it in with that.