Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 24 Nov 2001, 14:54 (Ref:178454)   #1
RWC
Veteran

RWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Premier F1 ?

Usually i wouldn't give a stupid idea like this a second of my time( a race car from a soccer club?Why not national colours!!). but i'm so deeply ashamed of F1 by now i'm desperate!Does anyone know much about this class-will it truely allow overtaking?i was surprized to learn that the cars will have 750 hp,so thats a good start for making it interesting.And because the cars are pretty much identicle they'll obviously be close together.i'll have to watch a race & see what it's like....

Last edited by RWC; 24 Nov 2001 at 14:58.
Old 24 Nov 2001, 15:08 (Ref:178458)   #2
rlinter
Racer

rlinter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Premier F1 ?

Quote:
Originally posted by RWC
Usually i wouldn't give a stupid idea like this a second of my time( a race car from a soccer club?Why not national colours!!). but i'm so deeply ashamed of F1 by now i'm desperate!Does anyone know much about this class-will it truely allow overtaking?i was surprized to learn that the cars will have 750 hp,so thats a good start for making it interesting.And because the cars are pretty much identicle they'll obviously be close together.i'll have to watch a race & see what it's like....
750 BHP, Full Aero (including ground effect) heavily policed from a technical perspective, The use of Spare cars at anytime (Including during the RACE!!)

If it works it will rattle a certain short arse ex used car dealers little empire!!!
Old 24 Nov 2001, 16:47 (Ref:178487)   #3
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
re;race car from a soccer club.I don't see this is any worse than race car from tobacco or clothing co? The Premier1 cars will actually be run by proper racing teams,several F3000 outfits have been shortlisted.
Best news is that the title 'Premier1 Grand Prix of England',etc,has been aproved.
Old 24 Nov 2001, 20:53 (Ref:178556)   #4
nem
Rookie

nem should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Identical Reynard chassis', identical 4.0L V-10, 750hp, sealed, Judd engines means the only thing to limit overtaking is getting the set-up wrong and the skill of the drivers.

It won't matter who designed the car or engine because it will be the same for everyone. How competent each team is(including the driver)will decide the front runners from the backmarkers and that may not be consistant race-to-race.

At last, a truely competitive drivers series, in world class cars.

P1GP, I can hardly wait..........
Old 26 Nov 2001, 16:26 (Ref:179033)   #5
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Guys, there is already a Premier F1 thread going, may I suggest this is merged?
Old 26 Nov 2001, 16:39 (Ref:179042)   #6
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Actually there are several threads mostly in the 'junior formulae'forum.What is needed is a new forum or at least an indication as to where other major single seater series shoud be discussed.
Old 26 Nov 2001, 17:10 (Ref:179047)   #7
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If you don't have to build a car, it's not F1. Or anything like F1.

It may well produce close racing though, so if you only follow F1 for the racing it might appeal.
Old 26 Nov 2001, 21:23 (Ref:179126)   #8
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
"If you don't have to build a car, it's not F1. Or anything like F1.

It may well produce close racing though, so if you only follow F1 for the racing it might appeal."

Well waht do you watch then Glen? Politics? A soap opera for guys? Advanced applied physics? Racing is the point, if you want to watch a procession of brightly coloured technology, go to a ****ing fairground.
Old 26 Nov 2001, 22:54 (Ref:179173)   #9
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That's exactly what F1 is - all of that stuff, with racing at the end. I didn't make it like that. Those are the rules of the sport... You must build your own car, and then take it racing. If you can't appreciate the first bit I'm afraid its inevitble that you'll find the second bit on its own something of a let down.

I do want to watch brightly coloured technology (although not a procession - that bit is an unfortunate consequence of the rules), and that's why I choose F1.

This isn't a new rule or anything! It has always underpinned the sport, and has always produced a field of cars with different performances. It is unique in motorsport and one of the essential tennets which makes F1, F1.
Old 26 Nov 2001, 22:58 (Ref:179175)   #10
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
And that is what makes F1, suck. Thanks, but no thanks.
Old 27 Nov 2001, 09:48 (Ref:179282)   #11
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Quote:
Originally posted by Glen
That's exactly what F1 is - all of that stuff, with racing at the end. I didn't make it like that. Those are the rules of the sport... You must build your own car, and then take it racing. If you can't appreciate the first bit I'm afraid its inevitble that you'll find the second bit on its own something of a let down.

I do want to watch brightly coloured technology (although not a procession - that bit is an unfortunate consequence of the rules), and that's why I choose F1.

This isn't a new rule or anything! It has always underpinned the sport, and has always produced a field of cars with different performances. It is unique in motorsport and one of the essential tennets which makes F1, F1.
Sorry Glen,but that rule only came in with the Concorde agreement(1982) before then it was perfectly possible to buy last years second hand car and race that as a private entrant.Some mannufacturers,like Cooper ,Lotus,Maserati made cars for sale like CART nowdays.That almost every other class of racing has gome over to spec cars is an an indication that technology has become too expensive for anyone to compete.I reckon something lke Premier 1 will replace F1 in a few years.
Old 27 Nov 2001, 12:34 (Ref:179331)   #12
Glen
Veteran

Didn't realise that the rule was as recent as 1982 - but the tradition certainly is far older than that. Without this tradition all of the teams we know and love (or love to hate!) would not even exist - they'd be simple operators. How would we get Ferrari if there were no team manufacturers?

Some people are obviously a lot more interested in the driver's championship than the constructor's. I love it all.

I honestly fail to understand what the fuss is about - if you don't like F1 why on earth do you watch it, and furthermore, spend time posting on an F1 forum?