Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 12 Dec 2001, 13:59 (Ref:185004)   #1
domaza
Racer

domaza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Captains don't jump ship for a buck!

This says it all - Penske isn't Captain anymore, just another businessman Go Barry, Go TKG, Go Dario - C U All next season
Old 12 Dec 2001, 15:30 (Ref:185025)   #2
Jimmyz360
Rookie

Jimmyz360 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good thinking, Penske did it for Marlboro? huh? Im pretty sure he could get another big sponsor the way penske works. Marlboro didnt like that there guys came 1-2 in indy and marlboro wasnt part of it. Doesnt mean the sponsor has control of you penske. I was going to get a helio hat for christmas, but not anymore. I think ill get a team green hat.
Old 12 Dec 2001, 15:42 (Ref:185027)   #3
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Whilst this is true, and whilst CART remains a superior series to IRL in every way except organisation, you can't run a race team for nothing. Marlboro have been loyal Penske supporters since the year dot, and CART's popularity is low in the US for a number of reasons (Lousy TV coverage, bad management, American xenophobia towards foreign drivers, a lack of All-American heroes to cheer relative to IRL and NASCAR,Americans being hung up on the importance of the 500, Americans preferring oval racing),so finding replacement sponsors with enough money is not automatic.
I don't think the loss of just 2 cars will destroy CART, nor will it help IRL necessarily in the long run, as Penske (and Kelley under their technological deal) will dominate leaving the smaller teams (who mainly run with minimal sponsorship and subsidies from Tony George) struggling and dropping out. And mark my words that if the 2 series merged, the most successful teams would be the CART ones. If they merged for say 2004, by 2008 around 16 entries from CART and maybe 12 from IRL will remain, whether people like it or not the CART teams have better drivers, more professional staff and more experienced leadership. A shame this doesn't hold true for the series in general.
Old 12 Dec 2001, 21:08 (Ref:185168)   #4
paul_tracyposer
Rookie

paul_tracyposer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
alright boots...!!!

I could not have said it better( except i would not use the word "whilst"..hahaha)...good reply..i may be speechless (and that NEVER happens).CART will get its house in order and never look back...the IRL will never be able to compete.F1 here we come...C

Last edited by paul_tracyposer; 12 Dec 2001 at 21:09.