Just had a message to say it'll cost £ 12 per weekend

Have a look at channel 434 for details

I cant wait for Melbourne!!!
Old 14 Feb 2002, 15:03 (Ref:215882)   #3
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
£12 or £299....

Hmmmm tough choice!!!!

Any news on a season ticket style offer?
Old 14 Feb 2002, 15:19 (Ref:215890)   #4
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
What does it say on channel 434. I don't get Sky till Monday!
Old 14 Feb 2002, 15:24 (Ref:215892)   #5
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I already have cable, but I decided to go to Sky for the GP coverage. I decided to keep the cable phone line which I was informed would be £9.60 a month line rental. However I can get the basic cable TV package for £9.49 and get free phone line rental! So the upshot is I am keeping cable and getting Sky. Madness!

Apparently BT line rental is over a tenner! (My phone calls only come to 2 or 3 pounds a month - so that's not an issue).

So the cheapest alround option is cable TV and Sky! Madness. At least I'll be able to tape stuff on another channel while watching Sky.
Old 14 Feb 2002, 15:49 (Ref:215899)   #6
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
A friend has just rang me to tell me abotu 434. He says that the choice of views are from

1. on the leader
2. in the pits
3. "a battle"
4. highlights
5. normal
6. timing

The coverage is from Thursday 28th Feb. till Sunday 3rd March.

Does this mean we get the Thursday practice session? Is there a preview program?

He also confirms the £12 and says there is no sign of a season ticket (yet?).
Old 14 Feb 2002, 16:03 (Ref:215907)   #7
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I will not be tune it, even though I have Sky, I think I will stick to good old ITV.
Old 14 Feb 2002, 16:05 (Ref:215908)   #8
OverRun
Rookie

OverRun should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was expecting it to be about £15 a race, so I will definately be getting it, except for the melbourne GP as I am moving house that weekend, so will be without sky

Last edited by OverRun; 14 Feb 2002 at 16:06.
Old 14 Feb 2002, 17:13 (Ref:215925)   #9
SILVERS95
Veteran

SILVERS95 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
im just gonna turn pc off and go and have a look at channel 434. ...£ 12..i think thats great value for money....but i will reserve total jugdement til after the Aussie GP.....but still £12 a race dont seem to bad to me...think im going to take that Friday off work , so i wont be too knackered after staying up all thursday night watching LIVE free practice . CAN'T WAIT !!!!!!!
Old 14 Feb 2002, 17:15 (Ref:215928)   #10
badoer fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
badoer fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
£12!!!! Can you say rip-off!? Though it is better than the boxing and stuff. I think I will let other members have a look first, and then if they like it, I might shell out

See, me clever!
Old 14 Feb 2002, 18:24 (Ref:215954)   #11
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll stick to ITV's coverage.
Old 14 Feb 2002, 19:41 (Ref:216002)   #12
Crank Case
Racer

Crank Case should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WOT

Quote:
Originally posted by rdjones
I will not be tune it, even though I have Sky, I think I will stick to good old ITV.
MMM! am I missing something here?

Are we talking about the same channel?

Or is it just that peoples memorys fade and forget what good coverage is?

It's a bargain for a one off event (3 days coverage)
But it adds up over the season I will be intrested to see some info on season tickets.

But its what I've been crying out for.
Interactive is wasted on football the ball can only be in one place at once

I'm looking forward to see some of the backfield action and less of THAT GERMAN F***ER

Can't wait!!!!
Old 14 Feb 2002, 22:22 (Ref:216139)   #13
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by AdamAshmore
1. on the leader

3. "a battle"

well worth the money if your a jpm or/and tgf fan then!!
Old 14 Feb 2002, 22:55 (Ref:216178)   #14
Crank Case
Racer

For those who haven't got sky.

If anybody wants to listen to the SKY trailor I've uploaded it in two small wma files so people can listen to what cameras there is etc.
(P.S. I did it using my game voice mike so don't anybody go nit picking )

Part 1
Part 2
Old 17 Feb 2002, 11:29 (Ref:217619)   #15
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
I got this of the www.sky.com/skysports/formula1

Quote:
Sky Sports have revealed more information on the new interactive motor racing channel for Sky digital subscribers - F1 Digital +.

Interest has been high ever since the announcement was made that Sky Sports would be showing Formula 1 racing this summer, and now skysports.com can bring you the latest news.

The service will include live practice, qualifying and race coverage from each Grand Prix weekend will be broadcast by the new pay-per-view channel through a range of interactive options.

Viewers will enjoy greater access to the world of F1 than ever before with coverage beginning on 1st March at the practice for the Australian Grand Prix, live from Melbourne.

Throughout Practice, Qualifying and the Race itself, viewers of F1 Digital + can choose from a range of interactive options, which include:

1) Live uninterrupted studio-based F1 coverage
2) Live pits and paddock coverage including driver interviews
3) Live coverage dedicated to the leaders
4) Live coverage focussed on the current 'major battle' wherever it is in the field
5) Live on-board feeds from the cockpit of selected cars
6) A stream of live data from practice, qualifying and race action
7) Race weekend highlights, updated constantly
8) A super track featuring the best action from the above feeds with a separate commentary

Each three-day Grand Prix weekend on F1 Digital + will be priced at £12 and will be available to all Sky digital subscribers.

Viewers can order an event by calling 08702 418 111 or, from 48 hours before coverage starts, through their TV by using their digital remote control.

All broadcasts are on Sky digital channel 434. Once coverage for the weekend starts, viewers who take the event can press the red button on their Sky digital remote to access the interactive menu with its range of viewing options.

Further programming announcements for F1 Digital + and details on the on-air look and interactive functions will be made in due course.
The guy comes to install SKY tomorrow!
Old 17 Feb 2002, 11:34 (Ref:217621)   #16
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!

I voted for "who cares" - as my dad pointed out to me earlier today, it's the same boring race but from a different angle.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 17 Feb 2002, 14:43 (Ref:217761)   #17
Crank Case
Racer

Don't you see it's not the races that have been boring it's the coverage?

There has been many battles last year in the the main pack that you just never see or hardly ever hear about.
Remember the places Jos used to make up.
You are totally in the hands of the race director who chooses time and time again to show the lead car.

It really annoys me the number of people who post in this forum who just slag off Formula 1.
I thought this was a Formula 1 forum if you don't like Formula 1 why do you post in here is it just to get peoples backs up or what?

It's not a direct attack at you Steph it just really annoys me the number of people who continually slag the sport off in here why bother posting in here.
I come to this board as an F1 fan to read views from other F1 Fans

I can understand some of the oldie brigade who post in here moaning they like the way it used to be [Bless em!]
But everybody doesn't have to jump on the band wagon.

Is this an F1 forum or what??????????????????????????????????????????
Old 17 Feb 2002, 15:14 (Ref:217771)   #18
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'll be trying this out, I think I can manage 12 quid!

Has anybody got the times that the Aussie GP will be broadcast in the UK, as I could maybe leave it till another GP where times suit me better. Cheers.
Old 17 Feb 2002, 15:15 (Ref:217773)   #19
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
But £12 a race is quite a lot of money for something that isn't guaranteed to be interesting. Then of course there is the cost of subscribing to Sky Digital - it just seems rather expensive for races that, let's face it, aren't exactly riveting.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 17 Feb 2002, 15:24 (Ref:217776)   #20
Mr V
Veteran

England
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Ralf's Girl
But £12 a race is quite a lot of money for something that isn't guaranteed to be interesting.
but thats the risk that people have gotta be prepared to take! you could have a night out, spending more money than £12 and it's still not guarenteed to be a good night! but then, you could deciede to not pay, and miss lots of exiting things, that itv can't show! it's swings and roundabouts!
Old 17 Feb 2002, 15:31 (Ref:217781)   #21
Mr V
Veteran

England
(sorry to carry on)

for me, aswell as the options.........onboard shots etc, the main thing that appeals to me is the fact that the race will be uninterupted, go back to 1998, the last race of the year at japan, championship decieder! and although it wasn't murray's fault when the ad breaks come up, but listening to murray saying.you are looking at the new world champion, without even knowing that tgf had gone off, where as we would if it wasn't for the ad break was one of the biggest anti-climaxes of the seasom!
Old 17 Feb 2002, 15:47 (Ref:217795)   #22
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thats very true, to say I was annoyed would be an underestimation.

As for slagging off F1, I love the sport but it is a shadow of its former self. I know because I'm always watching videos of races won on the track, not in the pits. But this isn't really the place to go on about it so i'll leave it at that.
Old 17 Feb 2002, 20:59 (Ref:218054)   #23
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
F1 will be so much more exciting with digital....CRANK CASE is right...its not always F1 thats not exciting...its the director who doesnt know when to have a look at the midfield for a good close battle , rather than staying with the leader for 5 laps who 10 seconds clear of anyone...
Old 18 Feb 2002, 02:19 (Ref:218264)   #24
cyfrin
Rookie

cyfrin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When I saw the news about F1 being on Sky I was ecstatic!! Can't wait, and I'll be glued to the screen each day every race!! My husband watches pay-per-view boxing, which I know is only several times a year....But this is what I have been waiting for!!
I never find F1 boring....only the stupid directors who cant follow the action!
Old 18 Feb 2002, 10:17 (Ref:218349)   #25
Mr V
Veteran

England
and maybe another thing to sway you towards sky's digital service!!!................. if you found some of the races boring, with MC murray, whats it gonna be like every race with james allen?? or were those "boring" races the ones that murray didn't attend last season?