Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 19 Mar 2002, 11:35 (Ref:239183)   #1
simon_blay
Racer

simon_blay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BTCC Vid / BBC

Congrats to Duke whose BTCC video I bought the other day. They made a very ordinary season seem quite an exciting one...

HOWEVER,
May I express my joy that BBC no longer do the Coverage, since I bought the video mostly because I wanted to see the last race which was sadi to be a stunner. Anyway, I thought I'd missed it, when in fact I hadn't, but had just seen the race whilst being unaware that it was the last one. Thanx BBC for not informing me of this in your listings!!!

Do you think we'd get £16 off the license fee which we shouldnt have to pay in the first place for the first place.
ITV - 1st class coverage of 1st sports (F1/ BTCC soon / Prem / Fa cup / Champs League etc. etc. etc), free, but ads every 20mins for a drink.

BBC - 2nd class coverage of 2nd class sports (rugby, rowing, Audley Harrison (!!!) ) no breaks from the awful coverage which they offer, AND £110 per year.

AND FINALLY,

Can someone confirm that HTV West are showing BTCC 2002/3.
"Its going to be a killer of a season!!!"
Old 19 Mar 2002, 11:42 (Ref:239191)   #2
touringcarnut
Veteran

India
Hyderabad, India
touringcarnut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The video wasn't as good as previous years, and it seemed to ignore anything that wasn't a Astra. yeah, i know that they dominated, but one minute the Lexus was in 2nd, and next clip its last!!! I'm glad i've got allthe 2001 races taped in full (smug mode).

On the HTV west dilemma, i'm not sure if there are showing it, but anyone with sky Digital can tune their digi box into recieving other ITV regions and thus get the action!!!
Old 19 Mar 2002, 12:05 (Ref:239205)   #3
Radisichrox
Veteran

United States
New York
Radisichrox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Touringcarnut- The reason they skipped so much was because I think they wanted to show a little of every race on the video. That's stupid, because they could have put interviews with drivers or special features on the video (1996 has 3 or 4 behind the scenes interviews with the Volvo team). For all I know they never explained why Matt Neal didn't drive the Peugeot after round 1! They also never did the grid walks like in previous years (when CC walks around explaining qualifying). Still, they edited it so you saw only the most exciting parts. That was one thing I noticed when I watched it for the first time.
Old 19 Mar 2002, 12:36 (Ref:239230)   #4
touringcarnut
Veteran

India
Hyderabad, India
touringcarnut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its probably just me, but with the experience of watching all the rounds in 2001 year, (when i saw about half in recent years) it stands out in my mind what bits were edited. i know that can't squash 12 hours of coverage into 3, but some key moments were still over looked in my opinion.

Rad, i remember you saying on a post that you can't play PAL videos very well, but if you sent some one in the UK a blank video (your type) they could surely record the coverage for you onto it from our PAL videos, send it back to you, preventing PAL videos getting eaten in your machine. just a thought.
Old 19 Mar 2002, 12:57 (Ref:239254)   #5
Ross
Rookie

Ross should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The BTCC vids are pretty good, I have 2000 and 2001 season reviews but compared with the British Superbike season reviews their not to hot, BSB 2001 is mega!!