Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 8 Apr 2002, 20:20 (Ref:255084)   #1
The Beer Baron
Veteran

The Beer Baron should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
LeMans 4hours 15 mins

thats the total time Eurosport will show of LeMans this year!
Old 8 Apr 2002, 20:25 (Ref:255088)   #2
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
if you're lucky, since they would broadcast all F3000 races...and now apparently broadcast 0
Old 8 Apr 2002, 20:36 (Ref:255101)   #3
The Beer Baron
Veteran

Unfortunately they've canned F3000
Old 8 Apr 2002, 20:41 (Ref:255108)   #4
Muzza
Veteran

Brazil
Newbury Park, CA, United States
Muzza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here in the US the Speed Channel had announced that they would broadcast the FULL 24 Hours of Le Mans.

Does anybody has any confirmation on that?

Thanks,

Muzza
Old 9 Apr 2002, 08:21 (Ref:255344)   #5
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Where did u find this information, lets hope that channel 4 in UK show the race again
Old 9 Apr 2002, 09:41 (Ref:255400)   #6
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
4 hours 15??????

Thats kinda isn't much, take that to be an hour (maybe and hour and a half) at the start same at the end and that leaves 1 hr 15 mins for the rest....

Eurosport Get your act together!!!!!!
Old 9 Apr 2002, 10:03 (Ref:255419)   #7
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The reason it is only on for 4hr 15 mins is due to the world cup as the first matchs of the second round will be played and these matchs could include Ireland, Germany, England and oh look France
Old 9 Apr 2002, 10:06 (Ref:255424)   #8
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well if they're not going to show more they better give the rights to someone else who will.
Old 9 Apr 2002, 11:03 (Ref:255481)   #9
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
but beware...any of those world cup matches could be canned if the weightlifting from budapest over-runs
Old 9 Apr 2002, 11:08 (Ref:255484)   #10
rlinter
Racer

rlinter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Or the world underwater flower aranging championships from Bercy!

Last edited by rlinter; 9 Apr 2002 at 11:08.
Old 9 Apr 2002, 13:40 (Ref:255642)   #11
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
there could always be the French Paint Drying Championship from Lyon ! !
Old 9 Apr 2002, 14:49 (Ref:255690)   #12
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
No way!! Thats far too exciting to be on Eurosport. We must look forward to the plain brown screen.........
Old 9 Apr 2002, 16:44 (Ref:255761)   #13
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
as an afficiando of third division belgian soccer, i'll have none of this. if only they didn't continually interupt with adverts for the torso track
Old 9 Apr 2002, 17:19 (Ref:255787)   #14
The Beer Baron
Veteran

Actually Eurosport will show nothing of the worldcup matches this Summer , but they insist on showing 3 hour features every day it's on.

I found their updated schedules for June, 45 mins of the first hour, another hour later on, one hour in the morning , (then there's the motogp) then the final minutes, 30 min of podium celebrations!
Old 9 Apr 2002, 20:22 (Ref:255955)   #15
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Better than nowt for those who can't make it, I guess?
Old 9 Apr 2002, 20:28 (Ref:255962)   #16
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
I suppose, but I want more!!

I'd give anything for a channel which showed the whole race live!!!!
Old 9 Apr 2002, 22:00 (Ref:256020)   #17
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

what is wrong with Eurosport these days, anyway - they have lost just about all their live motor racing coverage (with the exception of the Super Racing weekends, and we'll see if the format will still be as decent as it was in 2001; from what I've heard they will have 1 hour of broadcasting time less per weekend compared to last year). No live, or at least full length, IndyCars anymore. They also seem to have lost some good commentators. And now this... - a real shame.

I may just find myself taking in the 24hr bike race as a surrogate
Old 9 Apr 2002, 22:29 (Ref:256041)   #18
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Maybe they are just happy with the football this year and don't care about any of the other sports. If it's inconvenient to the footy then they drop it!
Old 10 Apr 2002, 00:50 (Ref:256086)   #19
The Beer Baron
Veteran

cybersdorf,

seems like Super race weekend will be 1 hour live, then 1 hour highlights on sundays, though that format will probably change, esp on a quiet weekend

4 wheeled mototorsport seems to be 1 hour highlights delayed by one week!
Old 10 Apr 2002, 08:23 (Ref:256187)   #20
kdr
Veteran

eurosport seem like the bbc, they lose the big events and rather than look for other big events - they just stuff any old nonsense in. bbc..saturday afternoons...horseracing, snooker and cross country running? they lose btcc and rather than think what else motorsport they can show (alms fiascc fia gt etc etc)...its off to the 2.15 at plumstead, which i'm sure costs them just as much if not more than buying in a highlights package.

i can just about forgive eurosport as they still show some le mans and the fabulous tour de france...but why can't bbc do the same?

off my high-horse now!
Old 10 Apr 2002, 12:30 (Ref:256374)   #21
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
It is good to see that funny things with 2 wheels racing round Le Mans this weekend only get 2 hr 45 mins on Eurosport this weekend.
Old 10 Apr 2002, 12:32 (Ref:256380)   #22
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by rdjones
It is good to see that funny things with 2 wheels racing round Le Mans this weekend only get 2 hr 45 mins on Eurosport this weekend.
On their custom-built circuit too
Old 10 Apr 2002, 12:36 (Ref:256388)   #23
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
Well said, not on a proper race track that come in June
Old 10 Apr 2002, 13:47 (Ref:256452)   #24
FG1
Veteran

FG1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by rdjones
lets hope that channel 4 in UK show the race again
I enquired a few days ago whether C4 had any plans to cover Le Mans this year, and I have just received this reply:--

---------------------------------------

It's a possibility, but not confirmed yet. If the Channel does cover it there will certainly be details, and possibly more, on 4car.

Thanks for the enquiry.

----------------------------------------

So there is hope, but don't open the champagne just yet.

FG
Old 10 Apr 2002, 13:58 (Ref:256463)   #25
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
The reason why Ch4 will not show Le Mans this, but hopefully they will is that this race clashs with the Acropolis Rally. So lets hope the Beeb pick it up, but somehow in the middle of June they be more interested in the World Cup, so that just leaves Ch5, much as it will not bother be as I will be there, booking my tickets at the weekend hopefully.