Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > 10 Tenths Motorsport > Announcements and Feedback

Old 16 Apr 2002, 21:05 (Ref:262524)   #1
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is the gallery gone?

Was the gallery ditched a while back when the site was revamped? IIRC it used to be located at tentenths.com/gallery, but when I type that URL, I'm only being directed to the 10 Tenths main page. I think it's a shame if the gallery is no longer anywhere to be found, as I used to like browsing it every now and then. It was very nice to look at pics from various race meetings and seeing what y'all look like. Surely there must be other people who miss it too, and if its removal was caused by a capacity problem in terms of workload related to maintenance and the uploading of new pics, surely the old pics which were already uploaded could have remained on display for those of us who are interested?
Old 16 Apr 2002, 21:52 (Ref:262561)   #2
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
It was removed for a number of reasons, and as you've guessed finding someone to oversee the uploading, cataloguing and general maintenance of it was one of those. When pictures were submitted they were often just of cars (which wasn't the point) or sent with little or no supporting information, in which case we had no idea who was in the picture.

Most of the time it was the same group of a dozen or so people in varying states of drunkeness, which we felt would be of minimal interest to anyone else.
Old 16 Apr 2002, 21:59 (Ref:262572)   #3
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was interested.

However I do agree on some points. After browsing for a while, I tended to look for pictures of new people - that is, those I didn't already know what looked like. Though I agree there were many uninteresting pictures, I think the best pics could have been saved so that new members could see what people look like - there are many who haven't uploaded pics to their profiles.