Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 13 May 2002, 09:34 (Ref:284748)   #1
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Time To Stop Ire Against Ferrari

It is time to stop the ire against Ferrari and save our forum before it consumes us all. In the past day, I have been moved to post stuff that is against my better judgement. We have vented our anger, our frustration and mistrust. Now is the time to move on before there is serious impact on out friendly forum. This is not the way we come here to discuss and have some fun with fellow members. We have been moved to the extent where we no longer enjoy F1 - and if we continue, then John Toad and the Ferrari goons will have won the war, although they lost the battle. They will have destroyed our forum.
There are things to enjoy in F1, and we should move in that direction, please. We have said what had to be said, I have more than once, and I feel bad that this farce has happened, same as everyone else. It is time to move on. Worse things have happened here in Australia : an elderly couple were murdered by their young son in Melbourne, a lovely cattle dog was thrown off an overhead bridge onto a motorway, but was luckily saved, a Pakistani family were attacked in their home in Huddersfied with many young children burnt to death. Ferrari is really not that important in our lives, and we should not let this make us cynical to the sport, F1, that we all love. I call on everyone here to call it a day - have one final post against Ferrari and then move on to better things.

Valve[img]http://www.**************************/smilies/bouncy.gif[/img]
Old 13 May 2002, 09:39 (Ref:284752)   #2
Gunslinger
Racer

Gunslinger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ok i've calmed down,

Gee pretty bad day in Aussie
Old 13 May 2002, 09:45 (Ref:284759)   #3
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
valve you're right, think of the good things...

like le mans in five weeks!
Old 13 May 2002, 10:00 (Ref:284777)   #4
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Your right VB, lets move on to other things. But I do hope Liz's petition gets some acknowledgement at least!
Old 13 May 2002, 10:02 (Ref:284779)   #5
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm glad that people do think sensibly. Vent your anger and get over it. Nothing can be changed about the past incident anymore, and continuous blabbering isn't going to help. Like Jerez 97, critics just refuse to let it rest and we could see its not helping to ease the mood in our beloved ten-tenths, nor helping us to have objective arguments which involves Michael/Ferrari/JV/FIA etc.

Lets just take this as a lesson learnt...i'm sure teams would think twice before using such blatant team orders in the future.
Old 13 May 2002, 10:07 (Ref:284785)   #6
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
While I agree with you. It hasn't been a full day yet! Let the posts continue, for a bit.

Some ten-tenthers haven't even logged on for the first time yet...
Old 13 May 2002, 10:08 (Ref:284788)   #7
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agreed
Old 13 May 2002, 10:11 (Ref:284791)   #8
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
IMO it will take a couple of days for it to settle down. But I've said everything I want to say now (perhaps?)

Good message again VB.
Old 13 May 2002, 10:15 (Ref:284800)   #9
calais
Veteran

calais should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i'm still angry!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 13 May 2002, 10:48 (Ref:284841)   #10
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Me too. But I'm not going to let it get to me more than it already has.

Valve[img]http://www.**************************/smilies/bouncy.gif[/img]
Old 13 May 2002, 10:59 (Ref:284858)   #11
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My vitriol will not cease yet. I am still in shock. I'm keeping up with MY posts-of-fury at least.

Don't forget, valve, this hasn't been a row or a big argument involving the "usual suspects". This has ben a UNITED OUTCRY. I say keep right on posting (which is unusual, as I normally just want people to shut up!! )
Old 13 May 2002, 11:02 (Ref:284865)   #12
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Make sure you all sign Liz's petition.
Old 13 May 2002, 11:10 (Ref:284877)   #13
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll maintain my ire until the letter is safely on its way to Bernie, and then I will be off F1 until the virus is remveod from the grid. I don't want to get cooties.

The letter will be available for signing until 5:00 p.m. E.D.T. tomorrow when it will wing its way to its desitination, with copies to ITV and Speed Channel (both whom are commendably irate).
Old 13 May 2002, 11:18 (Ref:284883)   #14
Andrew2001
Veteran

New Zealand
Christchurch, New Zealand
Andrew2001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes good thinking people, I admire all of you.
There is much to more important issues to think about....
Where all those stories from Melbourne? Because god thats just awful.

There is still so much to look forward to and talk about in f1. Anybody heard about the Jordan-Cosworth deal for next year? Could be an absolute blinder.
And what about RB? He is starting to show promising form, can he continue it through the rest of the year?
Old 13 May 2002, 11:42 (Ref:284914)   #15
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sure he can. He has a lot of second places waiting for him.

I for one am not going to stop people from venting their rightful anger over this.
Old 13 May 2002, 11:49 (Ref:284921)   #16
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We need to keep it going until the hearing. The FIA have set it at June 26 hoping that we will forget it and go back to comparing TGF with Senna or something, by that time.
Old 13 May 2002, 12:03 (Ref:284934)   #17
Hugh Jarce
Veteran

Hugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Valve - any ideas on venting your anger!

I always believe it's better to do it amongst friends.
Old 13 May 2002, 12:55 (Ref:285008)   #18
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Please sign the letter that Liz has organised.
Hugh, you are right.
Old 13 May 2002, 16:34 (Ref:285294)   #19
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by R
I for one am not going to stop people from venting their rightful anger over this.
Venting anger is one thing, writing offending posts is another. The rules around here still applies, what happened yesterday in Austria does of course not change that in the slightest. Unsuitable comments will be edited and/or deleted.
Old 13 May 2002, 16:36 (Ref:285297)   #20
Liz
Veteran

Also it might be a good idea not to start a new topic on this subject unless you actually have something new to add.
Old 13 May 2002, 16:37 (Ref:285298)   #21
freud
Veteran

freud has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I am not against Ferrari... I still love the cars! But I just can seem to forgive the criminal high-ups at Ferrari and the FIA. I am sad that the name Ferrari have been hijacked by these morons.
Old 13 May 2002, 17:09 (Ref:285348)   #22
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FORZA FERRARI!!!

Time for some positive things about Ferrari.

I LOVE that F2002. From the unique front wing all the way down to the equally individual rear. Wonderful.

And the F60. At first I hated it. but is has grown on me like a fungal infection. A masterpeice. This will no doubt be confirmed by the noise it will (no doubt) make!!

I know this isn't realy relevant, but I'm still just SO UPSET.
Old 13 May 2002, 18:13 (Ref:285402)   #23
Bibendum
Racer

Bibendum should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One of the striking things, for me, about this incident, is that it was a crowd of tifosi and German Schumacher fans who were immediately vocal in their criticism -- this wasn't just an eruption of pent-up Ferrari and/or Michael-bashing. The sense of being cheated, even if technically no cheating was done, was and remains profound.

That said, I think Valve is right that the distress should not be allowed to undermine a valuable site for discussion, where a lot of interesting things get addressed and kicked around, sometimes with considerable vigor! But I don't really see a threat to the site at this point -- perhaps my finger isn't sufficiently on its pulse to diagnose its health, but things seem fine to me; certainly, many of us (and I include myself, without a doubt) have posted things we might not have done in calmer moments. On the other hand, one of the great things about conversation is that one gets to try out positions, listen to responses, modify one's position, and hopefully emerge with a more complete and worthwhile synthesis. Certainly, I feel I've emerged from reading a lot of these threads with a far better apprehension of the array of alternative positions and the strengths and weaknesses of each -- for which I say, thank you to all you impassioned posters.

So I would not arbitrarily damp down those passions, provided they don't turn into personal attacks -- which I see no sign of, myself. Go to tifosi-club.com if you want to see a lot of that stuff! They're tearing themselves to pieces over there, apparently...

best,
bibendum
Old 13 May 2002, 18:40 (Ref:285432)   #24
Raoul Duke
Veteran

Raoul Duke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This just shows why comments such as "it was a long time ago, get over it" are extremely pointless. It's time TGF fans woke up and smelled the roses. Ferrari and TGF have, once again, made a mockery of us all, and if they wanted to do it again, there is no stopping them. So you can keep on calling us "biased" and "one sided", yeah tell us to "get over it". It only hurts your credibility, not ours.
Old 13 May 2002, 18:49 (Ref:285442)   #25
strad
Veteran

strad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's business and if you would have done otherwise you would have no business running a team...It hasn't been a sport in years,,get your heads out of the sand..it was just a business decision........and a sound one at that..of course it was upsetting..especially if you had money on Ruby to win..but it just shows you shouldnt bet on F1.