Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 25 May 2002, 21:08 (Ref:296145)   #1
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ron Dennis - Cheeky?

Ron Dennis has apologised to Barichello and Jean Todt after DC blocked Rubens who was on a fast run.

"It was a mistake by a member of our team," McLaren boss Ron Dennis explained. "That person apologised to Rubens and I apologised to Jean.

"Unfortunately, though, he didn't do so enough to get out of Rubens' way. But there is no question of our doing anything deliberate - people should know that is not our style."

I haven't always been his biggest fan but I found it quite amusing!!

Full story on Autosport.com
Old 25 May 2002, 21:13 (Ref:296148)   #2
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would classify this under "piling on".

Good for Ron Dennis. Keep the jabs coming!
Old 26 May 2002, 01:00 (Ref:296251)   #3
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
WoW...you people can really read a lot into things and let your imagination fly.

It is just a plain gesture to acknowledge that DC had held Rubens up on a fast lap, and to explain that it is not a tactical move but by accident.

Nobody seems to mind that the Ferrari's had quick laps blocked by DC and JPM. Thankfully. If Michael had accidentally found his way ahead of a fast going JPM, guess what the reactions would be!
Old 26 May 2002, 02:02 (Ref:296273)   #4
calais
Veteran

calais should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yes, but would TFG had apologized????
i dont think so!!!
Old 26 May 2002, 02:12 (Ref:296280)   #5
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No, he'd be on the radio screaming for JPM to get a penalty. In fact, one of the websites said that he deliberately aborted a fast lap in which JPM was NOT blocking him, to make it LOOK like he was being blocked -- and Ross Brawn was even tut-tutting at him about it.
Old 26 May 2002, 02:42 (Ref:296292)   #6
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Calais...Did JPM apologise to Michael?
And sorry to disappoint, but Michael makes it a point to get out of the way to the best of his ability and he does apologise if he had really buggered up somebody else's lap. But of course, you wouldnt accept that.

Tell me that JPM's car being in front at the hairpin would do your fast lap no delay.