Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 26 May 2002, 14:37 (Ref:296639)   #1
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Barrichello: Hero to Zero??

Your chance to slag off the cheeky Brazilian.

On your marks...... GO!!
Old 26 May 2002, 14:41 (Ref:296643)   #2
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Senna's protoge, my arse.. Barelyfellow.
'nuff said.

Thanks for the thread...

Last edited by Inigo Montoya; 26 May 2002 at 14:41.
Old 26 May 2002, 14:41 (Ref:296644)   #3
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He made a dumb mistake, I'm sure he regrets it. I don't think that makes him a **** driver though, do you? They all make mistakes every now and then, just ask Montoya. I'm sure he'll have a better race in Canada.

Last edited by Jay; 26 May 2002 at 14:41.
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 26 May 2002, 14:45 (Ref:296648)   #4
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Rubens problems are much deeper than his accident today.
Old 26 May 2002, 14:45 (Ref:296650)   #5
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agree completely.
Old 26 May 2002, 14:59 (Ref:296654)   #6
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Lee Janotta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's Monaco, you can't draw any conclusions from Monaco!
Old 26 May 2002, 15:05 (Ref:296658)   #7
calais
Veteran

calais should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Inigo Montoya
Rubens problems are much deeper than his accident today.
yeah, like a team and teamate that treat him like
Old 26 May 2002, 15:09 (Ref:296662)   #8
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
And the fact that he willingly accepts it.
Old 26 May 2002, 15:10 (Ref:296664)   #9
calais
Veteran

calais should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
true
Old 26 May 2002, 15:25 (Ref:296672)   #10
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This thread is meant to be light hearted i suppose?

I mean...there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with Rubens race today. At least i'm quite glad he actually gave it a shot...and jabbing Kimi's rear was quite...entertaining. Just hope Ron understands that "there is no question of him doing anything deliberate - people should know that is not his style"

And boy, i'm rather glad too because Ferrari had shown to be fully competitive today. They could just stick on anybody's tail effortlessly. Given a clear track, i'm sure the Ferraris can open up a fairly good gap.

Then well...how about having 3s seperating the top 4 guys for 20laps or so, and having 2 leaders so close to each other... i guess today Monaco is as interesting as we can realistically hope for
Old 26 May 2002, 16:33 (Ref:296732)   #11
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
He knows how to make a prat of himself, doesn't he? Barrichello is okay when he settles into a race at the front, but most of the time he doesn't seem to be able to overtake.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 26 May 2002, 16:35 (Ref:296735)   #12
Number Juan
Veteran

Tajikstan
Sussex, UK
Number Juan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
he doesnt do any moves with spite but he does get emotional behind the wheel and wants to do that Senna would do in that situation - thats to go for it and stick the consequences!

at least he's tried unlike anyone else eh? they havent got the balls - as Jeremy Clarkson said about F1

"The reason why there isn't any overtaking in F1 is because the rivers are too worried about their haircuts"

im glad Rubens has no hair to worry about

Here must all distrust be left;
All cowardice must here be dead
Old 26 May 2002, 16:40 (Ref:296739)   #13
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by Number Juan
he doesnt do any moves with spite but he does get emotional behind the wheel and wants to do that Senna would do in that situation - thats to go for it and stick the consequences!
Yes but in terms of talent Senna was (and always will be) at the top of the scale. Barrichello is waaaaaaay down near the bottom. The two aren't comparable - Senna could pull it off, Barrichello can't and he ends up making stupid mistakes like today.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 26 May 2002, 17:02 (Ref:296743)   #14
RT
Veteran

United States
Great Lakes Area
RT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally posted by Ralf's Girl
He knows how to make a prat of himself, doesn't he? Barrichello is okay when he settles into a race at the front, but most of the time he doesn't seem to be able to overtake.
RG I usually find grounds to agree with your postings but on this one I'll have to say for the sake of accuracy:

Let's not forget Rubinho's Hockenheim win, one truly monumental excercise in passing to come through the whole field.

I do agree that he lacks an edge and on his off days he can be very lacking. I'm not a fan of his but I hope he'll soon forget this one race.

Cheers,

RT

Old 26 May 2002, 17:20 (Ref:296756)   #15
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
He stinks - Barri-smello...
Old 26 May 2002, 17:22 (Ref:296757)   #16
Kenny W.
Racer

Kenny W. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You can't compare him to Senna, but he seems to be getting to grips with the new car. Unlucky in qualifying, and the fastest lap today, just a stupid rush of blood to the head sometimes.
Old 26 May 2002, 17:46 (Ref:296770)   #17
Mania
Veteran

Mania should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rubens strikes me as a confidence driver. In 2001, his confidence was rock bottom and he ended up ruining a lot of people's races until he got his head down. Similarly, he hasnt been on song in Monaco but in a way you cant blame him. Austria would not have done wonders for his confidence.

He's easily distracted and thats when he can do some stupid things on the race track. We've seen it before and we'll see it again.
Old 26 May 2002, 18:09 (Ref:296784)   #18
M Coupe
Racer

M Coupe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
His crash with Kimi was a novice mistake, he should know better, and to then pick up a pit-lane speeding penalty during his drive through penalty was just plain embarassing.

One for Rubinio to forget.

Colin McRae 1968-2007
Old 26 May 2002, 21:42 (Ref:296956)   #19
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
At least he tried, instead of sitting there and giving up.

As for him being unable to overtake, I hardly call 8th to 1st in Brasil being unable to overtake.
Old 26 May 2002, 21:50 (Ref:296963)   #20
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
He does have a disconcerting tendency to hack people from behind. He's a good driver, at monaco, all sorts of things can go wrong. Will he ever be WDC, I doubt it but if he were a complete putz, he wouldn't be at ferrari.
Old 26 May 2002, 23:07 (Ref:297023)   #21
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
i thought he was quite unlucky with the incident with Kimi, after all, the ammount of times tgf looked like he might do the same to jpm, or jpm to dc! that is the one overtaking place on the entire circuit (although try telling that to Sato!!) and he had to try something, unfortunatly, it didn't work.
Old 26 May 2002, 23:35 (Ref:297041)   #22
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think he was just unlucky today. It's the peculiar nature of Monaco that is to blame -- and actually I'm glad to see that the stewards made a good show of handing out penalties to everyone who deserved them today. It's time they started enforcing the rules uniformly.

Rubens will do well when he gets back to a normal track. Meanwhile I think he did well to come back from two penalties and he may yet finish in the points.

If one lousy race full of pratfalls makes a loser, then the final race of 1999 should have proved decisively that TGF is Loser Extraordinaire. And of course it didn't. That came later.
Old 27 May 2002, 02:03 (Ref:297079)   #23
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
I
If one lousy race full of pratfalls makes a loser,
If only it was just one lousy race... <sigh> ..

Seriously though, he's had a pretty good season so far - the car looks to suit him well.

The reason I can't resist taking a shot at him is because of his behaviour in Austria... plus the fact that he complained and cried about being #2 last season, only to re-sign for two more years!
Old 27 May 2002, 02:57 (Ref:297099)   #24
freud
Veteran

freud has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I dont think Rubens was Hero to Zero. Had Pedro not blocked him in qualifying we would've seen a different podium today.
In his words:

Quote:
“In the end it was a boring race. When you have a car which you know is capable of winning and you are stuck behind slower cars it is frustrating. At the start, I lost two places and from then on I had to try and move forward. At one point, I spotted an opportunity to pass Raikkonen. I went from the outside to the inside and as he braked, he closed the door on me. There was nothing I could do and I ran into him. I have to thank the team for building a really strong car, as after the accident, I was able to continue and the car was still very quick, even if it had a bit of oversteer. It’s a race to forget, because as I said earlier, I had a winning car.”
Old 27 May 2002, 05:46 (Ref:297130)   #25
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A silly mistake by Rubens, but Monaco is impossible to pass at so you cannot blame him for having a go at least. But clearly the move wasn't going to work without co-operation from Kimi.