Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 29 May 2002, 15:04 (Ref:299531)   #1
Stacy
Veteran

Australia
Stacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rockingham 25th/26th May

Just talking to someone about the meeting, it transpires an MGF driver had an accident and was an apparent fatality. From what I can gather the screens went up, the ambulance took him away, but no word filtered back to the paddock. Someone with a radio suggested he may have had a heart attack prior to hitting the wall.

Never pleasant discussing such matters, but since there's nothing in Motorsport News about it, any news as to whether this is correct ?

Stacy
Old 29 May 2002, 15:14 (Ref:299539)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Why not try the Marshal's Forum?
Old 29 May 2002, 18:38 (Ref:299712)   #3
flagwaver
Veteran

England
Yorkshire
flagwaver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As appears to be the norm as soon as screens are mentioned every time the screens go up someone thinks it fatal.
Screens are normally but up to give the driver a bit of privacy.
Rest assured it was not a fatal.
Old 29 May 2002, 19:46 (Ref:299764)   #4
Stacy
Veteran

Australia
Stacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by flagwaver
As appears to be the norm as soon as screens are mentioned every time the screens go up someone thinks it fatal.
Screens are normally but up to give the driver a bit of privacy.
Rest assured it was not a fatal.
Good Oh, although I must point out that the person I was talking to (Brian Steven's with the green XJS) is not one for flights of fancy.

Someone, perhaps maliciously, was spreading this round the paddock to the Jaguar and Morgan crews claiming they had a radio picking up the circuit traffic.

Stacy.
Old 30 May 2002, 12:47 (Ref:300339)   #5
wingleton
Rookie

wingleton should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i was talking to officals in the media centre after racing and was told that the driver of the MGF had been taken to the medical centre but only for a check up after complaining of wiplash . i hope this is just the case and nothing more serious