Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 15 Jun 2000, 14:59 (Ref:17454)   #1
Rossifumi
Racer

Rossifumi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Hello

I'm noticing that lessere and lesser topics are posted here.What's going on nobody wants to talk about motorcycleracing no more.I can't believe that!

How many visitors does this forum have?
It would be nice to get to know you!
Tell me who you are and where you come from and what kind of motorcycle racing you like?

Let's keep this forum alive!!!!!!

I will start myself:

I'm Stefan from Holland
My favrite motorsports to watch and follow closly are the GP's and the World Superbike series but i also like dragracing and trail but they don't get much attention on tv!

TELL ME WHO YOU ARE?

Greetings Stefan
Old 15 Jun 2000, 15:19 (Ref:17461)   #2
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
well ok.

im marcus from australia..im firstly a car racing fan but over the past three or four years have really got into the bike scene..basically because of Mick doohan and i guess all the other aussies wooping but at present...i really only watch GP'S and superbikes and occasionally Oz road racing championships...reason i never got into bikes that much before was because I attended Winton raceway for a Touring car round back in 90 or 91 and superbikes were a support class...cool I thought until the first turn when there was an allmighty shunt right in front of me which scared the heck out of me ..one rider was taken to hospital after falling off and being run over by another bike..and since then i just carnt seem to watch bikes live but on TV i love em ..guess one day I will venture back to meet to overcome my fobia.

fav riders are Doohan,Carl Muggerige,Gary McCoy,Troy Baylis and for a non Aussie I like Franki chili.
Old 15 Jun 2000, 21:21 (Ref:17509)   #3
fatbloke
Veteran

fatbloke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I enjoy watch bike racing on TV, and read this forum pretty regularly. I don't join in though as I don't really know a lot about the sport.

As far as improving this forum, why not drop Craig a line and see if he has any of those moderator jobs left ? I'm sure these less populated forums could use all the help they can get to get going - look how the Nascar forum has changed since it's had a couple of moderators...
Old 16 Jun 2000, 12:38 (Ref:17584)   #4
Neil C
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Nations
People's Republic of Ann Arbor, Michigan
Neil C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I lurk here from time to time. My former racing partner is much into bikes since becoming disillusioned with Cart and F1.

Since I dont have cable TV, I dont see much racing, but that will be fixed soon. I dont post because I dont know that much about GP or Superbike. I hear the races at Road America last weekend were superb.

I like the idea of two points races each weekend. Someone in auto racing (besides sprint cars) should pick up on that idea.

Last M-cycle owned: '84 Honda Sabre/V65 (1100cc)

Idea: if someone knowledgable would post a simple primer describing the major bike road racing series, and who the major competitors are, it might draw some interest.

Go Ducati!!!!
Old 17 Jun 2000, 07:29 (Ref:17682)   #5
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Marcus: Sometimes you scare me.... I'm in exactly the same boat, although i like them on the box a lot better because when ever i have seen them at the track, they are usually hogging 1/2 of the time for private practice

Saying that, when they run the superbikes with the V8s, the V8s are much more exciting, but the comparitive performance of the bikes is just incredible...
Old 17 Jun 2000, 16:09 (Ref:17708)   #6
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
My name is Michael, your current moderator. Due to work commitments, I haven't had as much time as I would like to keeping the forum running (mainly due to not having enough time to watch the racing) as I would like it. Also, too many read but don't write for some reason. So come on, join in. It doesn't matter if you don't know a lot, because you can always ask questions about anything, regulations, history, upcoming events, riders, manufacturers, etc.

I've followed GP bikes since about 1986 when Wayne Gardner started getting famous in Australia due to actual coverage of bike racing on SBS. I've followed WSBK since coverage started here in the early 90's.

I haven't been to very many events, actually only 2 motorcycle only events. One at Oran Park in 1986 and the other, the Australian GP at Eastern Creek in 1992. One year I'll get down to Philip Island for the Superbikes and/or GP bikes.
Old 20 Jun 2000, 00:24 (Ref:18151)   #7
Rossifumi
Racer

HEY IS THIS AL THE RESPONCE I GET !!!!
39 read this and only 5 responded COME ON!!!

Marcus you should go to some races ,they don't always fall of! It's great to see them live.Myself am ussually going to both Superbikes and GP's every year for 10 years now.This year i can only attend to the GP's.And that will be next weekend!
I can't attend the superbikes because of my holliday but i did concider moving my holiday for it!(am i crazy or what?)

It doesn't matter if you don't know much about GP's or Superbikes we all got an opinion don't we?Why don't share them? You can pick up the knowledge on the way!

SO COME ON REPLY!!!!!!!!!

Old 20 Jun 2000, 11:52 (Ref:18205)   #8
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The problem with the 39 views is that i am responsible for 3 of them....the other 36 though...well its got me stuffed...

Hey, go Corser!!
Old 20 Jun 2000, 11:55 (Ref:18206)   #9
fatbloke
Veteran

erm, there are now 50 views...

Looks like there is an interest in this area of the sport, but no-one seems to know all that much about it Maybe someone who does could start some provocative topics and see where we end up ?
Old 20 Jun 2000, 15:16 (Ref:18262)   #10
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
provocative topics...hhmmmm..i really like the umbrella girls...did anyone see haga's girls a few weeks back...now that provocative !!!!
Old 20 Jun 2000, 17:19 (Ref:18285)   #11
Rossifumi
Racer

Was I the only one wishing for a huge rainshower ?
[Edited by Rossifumi on 20th June 2000]
Old 20 Jun 2000, 23:39 (Ref:18361)   #12
Pamella
Rookie

Pamella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Okay.. you asked for it...

I'm Pamella (Mel) from England.

My favourite motorsport is F1; but I have been watching bike races and following Rossi's progress recently thanks to a friend who is his biggest fan.

So.. here I am. Very unknowledgeable... but here all the same!

Be nice to me!
Old 20 Jun 2000, 23:55 (Ref:18366)   #13
fatbloke
Veteran

Welcome to the madhouse, Pamella (Mel) from England!

Sounds like you can join in with the rest of us unknowledgable bike fans and have Rossifumi learn us everything there is to know!

Rossi is indeed a nutter, isn't he!

Sadly I don't see many bike races on TV as i'm usually out at the circuit on a Sunday, so it's hard to keep up until the season review video comes out!
Old 20 Jun 2000, 23:58 (Ref:18368)   #14
Gerard
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Gerard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Welcome to 10 Tenths, Pamella.

Take some time to look around here, I'm sure you're going to like it.
And don't be afraid of being unknowledgeable.
If you have a question, just ask.
We'll be to happy to answer.
Have fun.
Old 21 Jun 2000, 00:38 (Ref:18379)   #15
Rossifumi
Racer

Your more then welcome Mel but you already know that!

Finally i got her this far!

You will enjoy it here i'm sure
Old 21 Jun 2000, 14:20 (Ref:18496)   #16
Redneck
Racer

Redneck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am Redneck from Tennessee.

I used to roadrace motorcycles in my younger and dumber days and have the scars and x-rays to prove it! I have considered doing a little endurance racing in my older days. If you have never raced you don't know what you are missing. It is the next best thing to sex!
Old 21 Jun 2000, 22:18 (Ref:18594)   #17
Pamella
Rookie

Thanks for the welcome!
A madhouse?
I should fit right in then!
Old 21 Jun 2000, 22:29 (Ref:18595)   #18
fatbloke
Veteran

So you know our Rossifumi ? Tell us about yourself - do we call you Mel or Pam or Pamella or what ?
Old 21 Jun 2000, 22:58 (Ref:18599)   #19
Pamella
Rookie

Yes, Rossifumi has the misfortune of numbering amongst my friends.. and try as I might, I haven't driven him completely insane yet - I'm working on it though....
Maybe if I cheer for someone other than Rossi he may finally flip?

As to what to call me...
I have a variety of names...
The printable ones are Mel and Pamella... oh, and "Oi, you". I prefer Mel though.

Old 21 Jun 2000, 23:15 (Ref:18605)   #20
Rossifumi
Racer

You wouldn't drive me insane with that Mel!
I wouldn't speak to you for a week!!!

Hmmm..... Now i think of it that's about the time i'm not online!!!
Old 22 Jun 2000, 12:39 (Ref:18722)   #21
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Welcome Mel, though I feel silly saying so as everyone else has beaten me to it.

Of course this is a mad house, bike fans wouldn't have it any other way.
Old 24 Jun 2000, 23:20 (Ref:19256)   #22
Warwick
Racer

New Zealand
New Zealand
Warwick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Warwick from NZ,i follow the Superbikes mostly,still hoping one day Aaron will get the title,GP bikes are ok but the racing is no where as good,my last two bikes wre a BMW 75/7 which i totalled,and recently i sold my Ducati Darmah to finance my superkart,i used to do the odd track day but my enthusiasm outweighed my ability so i gave it up before i hurt myself.End of this year i hope to buy another bike but something like a RD400G,RZ500 or other older jap bike then i might just do the odd novice day or two.
Old 25 Jun 2000, 20:09 (Ref:19427)   #23
Rossifumi
Racer

Warwick you should start watching GP's more often!
The racing hasen't been so close as this season now Doohan has retired(regretfully),there are about 10 riders that could win races.
Old 26 Jun 2000, 13:47 (Ref:19598)   #24
Devlin
Racer

Devlin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Devlin here. Been following (GP) bike racing on and off since the days of "Steady" Eddie, "Revvin" Kevin and co. Recently I'm also into SBK (brilliant broadcasts on Eurosport of both series - Toby Moody and Julian Rider, you're the best!). Go Yamaha!
Old 27 Jun 2000, 11:19 (Ref:19783)   #25
elephino
Veteran

Good to see Julian still commentating. What happened to Keith?