Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 22 Jul 2002, 01:48 (Ref:339248)   #1
alesi95
Veteran

alesi95 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BAR Announce line up on Monday

According to F1 live BAR will official announce their driver line up on Monday.

Fueling speculation that Button will take over Panis's seat from 2003 onwards.

It seems Dave Richards may have very good reasons to be so smug before the French Gp.
Old 22 Jul 2002, 01:57 (Ref:339251)   #2
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
JV and Button at BAR for 2003 with Sato as test driver while Panis goes to Jordan.
Old 22 Jul 2002, 02:05 (Ref:339254)   #3
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BAR is on the up and I feel that they will be quick next year. I dont agree with switching drivers at all. If anything JV should be the one that leaves, he is being paid to much to lose races. So it is not his fault but at the same time the money could be used otherwise. I feel that teams that are developing need as much stability as possible. If RB is dropped from Ferrari it would not make a difference. OP has great technical input, more than JV from what I have read. BAR needs him. But at this time Button looks a lot better to have than Sato or even Coultard.
Old 22 Jul 2002, 02:13 (Ref:339260)   #4
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Lee Janotta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This could be _very_ good for BAR. Button's a good development driver, and he'll certainly push Villeneuve. Panis is a journeyman, and was never a threat to Jacques' status, but being consistently beat by the young Briton would be too much of an ego blow.

The driver line-up at BAR is first-rate now, but they've _got_ to get a good car next year! Start with a clean-sheet approach, take all the best design ideas, try and put them into something cohesive... And don't be afraid to tell Honda when they're not up to snuff! There's _nothing_ on these cars that's good enough to save for '03!
Old 22 Jul 2002, 02:27 (Ref:339267)   #5
Jukebox
Veteran

Malaysia
KL
Jukebox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Try read at www.itv-f1.com, Button is confirmed to go to BAR...Panis will replace McNish over at Toyota. I guess Heidfeld stays with Sauber then?
Old 22 Jul 2002, 04:26 (Ref:339306)   #6
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Did anyone notice the great drive put in by Bunsen? He certainly put one over Trulli. In fact, we could say that Bunsen would probably compare very well with Kimi after yesterdays drive.

Valve
Old 22 Jul 2002, 09:31 (Ref:339423)   #7
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Button to be comfirmed at BAR today

from autosport.com

British American Racing is expected to confirm that Jenson Button will replace Olivier Panis at the team for 2003 at a press conference in London this afternoon.

thought it would be later on than this in the week before they announced anything.

Last edited by Sato san; 22 Jul 2002 at 09:31.
Old 22 Jul 2002, 09:36 (Ref:339427)   #8
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Just read on itv-f1 that it will be at 5 pm, just hope that BAR can get themselves sorted out with a good car for next year, i certainly think he'll give JV a run for his money!
Old 22 Jul 2002, 09:37 (Ref:339430)   #9
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mods , sorry , Can you merge them ?

Done - Wrex

Last edited by Wrex; 22 Jul 2002 at 10:39.
Old 22 Jul 2002, 09:42 (Ref:339434)   #10
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Jukebox
Panis will replace McNish over at Toyota.
I read that also, if it happens i think that Toyota are making a mistake, i realise they want experience to help them develop the car, but Heidfeld will have had 3 complete seasons experience at the end of this season, not to mention the testing he has done with McLaren. I have nothing against Panis, and don't particulary want to see him leave F1, however, my desire to see greater racing outweighs my liking of certain drivers. Heidfeld in a Toyota would be good for F1.
Old 22 Jul 2002, 11:24 (Ref:339505)   #11
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I agree Mr V, but Sauber elected to exercise their option on Heidfeld, it wasn't his choice.
Old 22 Jul 2002, 15:43 (Ref:339740)   #12
Tazio Nuvolari
Rookie

Tazio Nuvolari should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lucky Strike B.A.R Honda
Magny-Cours, France
21 July 2002, 18.00 CET
Lucky Strike B.A.R Honda invite all media to a
PRESS CONFERENCE
concerning a 2003 Driver Announcement
Date: Monday 22 July 2002
Time: 17.00
31-35 Craven Hill Gardens
London
W2 3EA
Telephone: +44 (0)207 298 9000
Nearest points of travel:
British Rail - Paddington Station
Underground Routes: Heathrow Express - Paddington Station Underground
Central Line - Lancaster Gate
Bakerloo Line - Paddington
Circle & District Line - Paddington
Hammersmith Line - Paddington
Parking Thistle Hotel Car Park, Porchester Terrace - 5 minute walk
The Master Park, 26 Queensway, off Bayswater Road West
- 15 minute walk
Media facilities will be provided.
LAT will provide on-event photographic services:
Contact Matt Jennings with wiring requests on Monday 22 July
Tel: +44 (0)7768 718413
Press Conference photography will be available from 18.00 BST on the following website:
http://bat.latphoto.co.uk
User name: bat media
Password: media
Visit www.bar.net for the latest news.
For further information please contact:
Tracy Novak, Press Officer, Lucky Strike B.A.R Honda
Tel: +44 (0)7736 630753 (Mobile)
or
Nicole Bearne, PR Executive
Tel: +44 (0)7718 340820 (Mobile)
Old 22 Jul 2002, 16:15 (Ref:339771)   #13
Tazio Nuvolari
Rookie

Tazio Nuvolari should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
JENSON BUTTON TO JOIN LUCKY STRIKE B.A.R HONDA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lucky Strike B.A.R Honda confirmed the first of their long-term plans today with the announcement that Jenson Button will join the team from 2003.

B.A.R have reached a 4-year agreement with Jenson with a view to securing the optimum driver line-up going forward. The terms are for an initial 2 years, after which the team will have options for a further two years.

Jenson is a star of the future, a proven talent and of course British - a combination which fits perfectly with the team's future objectives. In David Richards' brief tenure with B.A.R, he has made some tough decisions and implemented the requisite changes with which to take the team forward. With the benefit of a long-term partnership with Honda, the foundations are now firmly in place for the team to start making its first real steps towards its World Championship ambitions.

A change to B.A.R's driver line-up is an integral part of achieving fresh impetus for the team and David Richards, who has been pivotal to the success of World Rally Champions Colin McRae and Richard Burns, has set his sights very much on helping Jenson Button to realise his full potential.

Commenting on today's announcement, David Richards said: "I'm delighted to welcome Jenson to B.A.R. He has an extraordinary talent which now needs to be nurtured in the right environment in order for it to flourish.

"Over the past 7 months the management team have set out a long-term plan which is designed to deliver success to B.A.R and our partners. This won't happen overnight and we have realistic expectations for the next two seasons. In the current Formula One climate, we are fortunate to have the stability of long-term funding and a strong, developing relationship with Honda. Our agreement with Jenson will enable us to carry that stability through to our driver line-up and, as we move forward, I have every confidence that he will play a pivotal role in gelling the team together."

Jenson Button also confirmed his delight at today's announcement:

"I'm thrilled to be joining B.A.R. The past few weeks have been very exciting and I've been flattered by the enormous attention I've received. I've had a whole range of opportunities open to me but after careful consideration of what would be best for my future, B.A.R provided me with an excellent opportunity to progress and ultimately, I hope, to achieve my ambition to be World Champion. David Richards has talked me through the long-term strategy for the team in great detail and I have been very impressed with the strength of the partnership with Honda. I have no doubt that, together, we can all look forward to some very exciting times ahead."

Commenting on behalf of B.A.R's long-term partner, Shoichi Tanaka, President of Honda Racing Development, said: "I am very pleased to welcome Jenson to the B.A.R-Honda partnership. We are all looking forward to working with him and feel confident that he will play an integral part in our plans to make a big step forward next year."
Old 22 Jul 2002, 16:21 (Ref:339775)   #14
RMR
Veteran

England
Surrey
RMR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BAR NEWS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BAR confirm Jenson arrival
Lucky Strike B.A.R Honda confirmed the first of their long-term plans today with the announcement that Jenson Button will join the team from 2003.

B.A.R have reached a 4-year agreement with Jenson with a view to securing the optimum driver line-up going forward. The terms are for an initial 2 years, after which the team will have options for a further two years.

Jenson is a star of the future, a proven talent and of course British - a combination which fits perfectly with the team's future objectives. In David Richards' brief tenure with B.A.R, he has made some tough decisions and implemented the requisite changes with which to take the team forward.

With the benefit of a long-term partnership with Honda, the foundations are now firmly in place for the team to start making its first real steps towards its World Championship ambitions.

A change to B.A.R's driver line-up is an integral part of achieving fresh impetus for the team and David Richards, who has been pivotal to the success of World Rally Champions Colin McRae and Richard Burns, has set his sights very much on helping Jenson Button to realise his full potential.

Commenting on today's announcement, David Richards said: "I'm delighted to welcome Jenson to B.A.R. He has an extraordinary talent which now needs to be nurtured in the right environment in order for it to flourish.

"Over the past 7 months the management team have set out a long-term plan which is designed to deliver success to B.A.R and our partners. This won't happen overnight and we have realistic expectations for the next two seasons. In the current Formula One climate, we are fortunate to have the stability of long-term funding and a strong, developing relationship with Honda. Our agreement with Jenson will enable us to carry that stability through to our driver line-up and, as we move forward, I have every confidence that he will play a pivotal role in gelling the team together."

Jenson Button also confirmed his delight at today's announcement:

"I'm thrilled to be joining B.A.R. The past few weeks have been very exciting and I've been flattered by the enormous attention I've received. I've had a whole range of opportunities open to me but after careful consideration of what would be best for my future, B.A.R provided me with an excellent opportunity to progress and ultimately, I hope, to achieve my ambition to be World Champion. David Richards has talked me through the long-term strategy for the team in great detail and I have been very impressed with the strength of the partnership with Honda. I have no doubt that, together, we can all look forward to some very exciting times ahead."

Commenting on behalf of B.A.R's long-term partner, Shoichi Tanaka, President of Honda Racing Development, said: "I am very pleased to welcome Jenson to the B.A.R-Honda partnership. We are all looking forward to working with him and feel confident that he will play an integral part in our plans to make a big step forward next year."