Irvine 3 8.33%
Massa 0 0%
live and let survive!(?) 1 2.78%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 27 Jul 2002, 22:43 (Ref:344207)   #1
ram_villeneuve*
Rookie

ram_villeneuve* should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
who's not good enough to be in f1 this year and will be out?

yoong,sato,bernoldi and de la rosa will be out of the grade next year
Old 28 Jul 2002, 04:25 (Ref:344312)   #2
emmer
Rookie

Japan
emmer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
dunno who is going to be out next year but talking about skills you shouldn't have included webber, panis, massa, bernoldi, etc on this poll
Old 28 Jul 2002, 08:27 (Ref:344373)   #3
Don K
Veteran

Don K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Sato has the worst results.
But he certainly deserves another chance.

Yoong should leave F1.
Old 28 Jul 2002, 09:19 (Ref:344395)   #4
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yoong is the only driver who is unequivocably incompetant and doesn't belong in F1. Bernoldi has been solid enough, certainly made Jos look pretty inept last year, and in terms of close quarters racing he can pull of some strong form.

Irvine, in my opinion, has perhaps had his day, although I respect his ability and like his approach to racing. De la Rosa's form against Irvine proves that he is good enough for f1.

Sato is a driver who I had my doubts about initally after some of his poorer showings, especialyl as he is in the seat which rightfully is Justin Wilson's, but in the last few races he has shown some real form and looks to be getting to grips with the Formula 1 cars.

McNish's place is certainly under threat though. Maybe if he'd've got into F1 10 years ago it would've been a different story, but he really isn't showing the kind of form that makes him a sensible long term choice given that he only has around 5 years left in top line racing.
Old 28 Jul 2002, 09:24 (Ref:344396)   #5
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alex Yoong should try something more apt for his skills eg. a Dodgem car.

Sato has talent, and now finally he is showing some signs of speed. Felipe Massa too hasnt shown his talent. I am not convinced.

McNish has been mediocre, De La Rosa is OK, Bernoldi is decent for a pay driver. Webber and Panis are both pretty good actually.
Old 28 Jul 2002, 09:29 (Ref:344403)   #6
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yoong. All the rest are pretty good.
Old 28 Jul 2002, 09:41 (Ref:344410)   #7
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yoong for certain, but Sato can better stay on the tarmac for a while or he will be out too.
Old 28 Jul 2002, 10:36 (Ref:344431)   #8
ram_villeneuve*
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by emmer
dunno who is going to be out next year but talking about skills you shouldn't have included webber, panis, massa, bernoldi, etc on this poll
i just wanted to fill up the poll
Old 28 Jul 2002, 10:40 (Ref:344435)   #9
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
If Yoong goes (as he should, and is rumoured to be) who will be Minardi's main sponser? Can't see Kualu Lumpa staying on when the isn't a Maylasian in the car!
Old 28 Jul 2002, 10:47 (Ref:344440)   #10
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yoong is gone probably.
McNish is not bad but everyone seems to be rumoured for his seat.
Sato may be back to testing role
Massa... I dunno
Old 28 Jul 2002, 11:36 (Ref:344465)   #11
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yoong probably won't see the season out.....
Old 28 Jul 2002, 13:48 (Ref:344498)   #12
903cc
Racer

Luxembourg
Luxembourg - Via Singapore & Australia
903cc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yoong is History. I would be surprised to see him in a F1 car again.
Old 28 Jul 2002, 14:03 (Ref:344512)   #13
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Lee Janotta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yoong will be gone as soon as Stoddard finds someone else to fund the team.

Sato will be out as soon as Eddie Jordan decides on a Briton to replace him. Seems like it won't be Justin Wilson. Button's signed already...

Irvine I see retiring.

Villeneuve... Gah, don't ask me, I don't want to think about it. _No_ good options there. Got out-raced by Panis again this weekend, even Sato passed him. Light a fire under his arse, and he's still F1 quality, but I don't think he even wants to race anymore.

Bernouldi will be around as long as his sponsors hold out.

Massa made a few good moves this weekend, but he'll be judged on his performances throughout the season... And things don't look good right now.

A sensible team principal would let both McNish and Salo go... They've both been driving like slugs! And with drivers of the calibre of Frentzen, Webber and Christiano DaMatta looking for rides next year (along with dozens of F3/F3000 drivers who are hot enough to pop corn at 10 meters, including some Americans), they've really got no excuse.

Last edited by Lee Janotta; 28 Jul 2002 at 14:06.
Old 28 Jul 2002, 15:49 (Ref:344605)   #14
Kretzman JB fan
Rookie

Kretzman JB fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sato is not a bad driver and deserves to stay, but mopst likely will be forced out of the seat.

Bernoldi will be in F1 as long as his sponsers stay with him, maybe a move to Minardi?

Panis is good enough to stay, but most likely will rather find a lower car, or probably not take a testing role because he wouldn't get back into the main circuit again

De La Rosa is okay, I mean he hasn't really shown any flashes of brilliance, but the car is also bad, he'll be replaced after next year

Yoong should be gone and will be after this season(I hope)

Webber deserves to be in this sport and deserves a better ride, hes shown that with a bad car(Minardi) he can score points

McNish just was in the wrong place at the wrong time, someone that is the scapegoat for Toyotas problems, hes not bad but I don't think deserves to stay

Massa is a good talent but needs to fine tune his skills like Sato, but his last couple of races have shown that he can be a good driver, but will most likely be forced out

Irvine, lord knows, I like Irvine because he is outspoken but he should retire, if Jordan picks him up I'll be suprised, but who knows I think hes at the point in his career where hes been at the peak and will stay in the valley for the rest of his F1 career(though I hope not)
Old 28 Jul 2002, 15:59 (Ref:344611)   #15
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know Sato is'nt a bad driver(I saw him win the masters F3 last year),but he needs to stay on the track more and stop making mistakes, at least he did that today.
Old 29 Jul 2002, 02:26 (Ref:344929)   #16
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yeah, good drive by Sato. We pile into him when he does something wrong, but don't give him credit when he does something right. Although he was only ahead of Fisi due to Fisi's many problems, he drove a solid race and kept out of trouble (exactly what he needs to do).

Webber was also fantastic during the early part. I would have loved to have seen the move on Salo. His pace was right up there with the mid-pack, until his hydraulics packed it in.
Old 29 Jul 2002, 02:55 (Ref:344931)   #17
Jukebox
Veteran

Malaysia
KL
Jukebox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
News here in Malaysia that the sports minister had said that if Yoong dosen't improve, then it might probably be the end of his career in F1. The sponsorship is for the whole year of 2002 so i expect him to be out next year and most probably discontinuing of the sponsorship with Minardi.

The sports minister will now concentrate on Fairuz to get a test seat with Sauber for next season and they'll be paying for it.

Good riddance that Yoong is not going to race in 2003!
Old 29 Jul 2002, 15:54 (Ref:345457)   #18
ram_villeneuve*
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Jukebox
News here in Malaysia that the sports minister had said that if Yoong dosen't improve, then it might probably be the end of his career in F1. The sponsorship is for the whole year of 2002 so i expect him to be out next year and most probably discontinuing of the sponsorship with Minardi.

The sports minister will now concentrate on Fairuz to get a test seat with Sauber for next season and they'll be paying for it.

Good riddance that Yoong is not going to race in 2003!
stoddarts actually starting to lose patience with yoong

hes finally got some sense
Old 30 Jul 2002, 23:22 (Ref:346747)   #19
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That's all well and good picking on guys like Yoong or Sato, F1 cars are very difficult cars to master.

We need teams like Minardi too, It was Ron Dennis who said a few years ago "It's not my job to train F1 driver" (who's is it then?) look at the last few drivers to gratuate thru Minardi in the last few seasons, and if taking in a paying driver like Yoong helps run a graduate like Webber it proves a point!

What I would like to see is drivers having to acheive targets to keep their seats in F1 eg: 50 GPs and no podiums!..."Next please"... (or perhaps a performance scale based on championship points)

In this way we could clear the decks of the 'nearly men' (who said greedy?) and make space for the fresh talent created every season in the so called 'feeder formulas'

As regards Sato, he's just overdriving, just as he did in his first year in F3, in his second year his experience coupled with his speed made him the one to beat. But if he dosn't come good the above formula would ensure F1 contains only the best drivers (and graduates)
Old 30 Jul 2002, 23:36 (Ref:346757)   #20
Miss Hardt
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
Miss Hardt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Irvine. He's getting too old and he's not doing anything anymore.
Old 31 Jul 2002, 01:16 (Ref:346815)   #21
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
And how come Ralf and Rubens are not on this poll? Webber is better than both of them.

Valve[img]http://www.**************************/smilies/bouncy.gif[/img]
Old 31 Jul 2002, 01:28 (Ref:346823)   #22
kuchi
Veteran

Colombia
Bogota, Colombia
kuchi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yoong, no need to argue.
Old 31 Jul 2002, 12:31 (Ref:347103)   #23
Total-F1
Veteran

Total-F1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Considering Ralf and Rubens kind of have contracts for next season it would be a little on the pointless side, putting them in a poll for people who won't be driving next season...

Having said that, Frank Williams is said to be having a serious think about Ralf Schumacher, unless he pulls a little something more out the bag...
Old 31 Jul 2002, 12:40 (Ref:347114)   #24
badoer fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
badoer fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yoong is the worst on the list, but I voted for McNish. Yoong will be back if Malaysian money stays at Minardi, whereas McNish had to do more in order to survive, and I don't feel he's managed that.
Old 31 Jul 2002, 13:13 (Ref:347135)   #25
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yoong certainly.

If Massa fails to get a seat, then he will be Ferrari test driver, and this way it's Burti going out.