Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 14 Aug 2002, 15:43 (Ref:357780)   #1
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
Both series for Ganassi - One for Andretti?

From http://www.indystar.com/article.php?cartnote12.html

Andretti is No. 1 on Honda's list for its move to the IRL next season and Andretti said he isn't inclined to run cars in both series.

"I'm not in favor of splitting the team," he said. "It's really up to the sponsors. I have nothing to announce. I wish I did, but I don't."

Chip Ganassi is among the owners competing in both series. He has three cars in CART and one in the IRL and said while the mix might change, he expects to be in both series again in 2003.

"I don't want to have to tell my employees they have to go home because I don't have a job for them," Ganassi said. "Taking everything to the IRL would result in layoffs."

His NASCAR Winston Cup operation is about to expand with the hiring of driver Ricky Rudd for 2003. That announcement is due this week.
Old 14 Aug 2002, 18:54 (Ref:357849)   #2
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Andretti should run in both series. He would be stupid to go totally into IRL.
Old 14 Aug 2002, 19:24 (Ref:357867)   #3
tanalised
Veteran

New Zealand
new zealand
tanalised should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ganassi should put Brack back into IRL, he's only any good on an oval, until such time as the IRL falls apart
Old 14 Aug 2002, 22:59 (Ref:358015)   #4
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I reckon Ganassi may put Brack in the IRL where he showed form on the all oval series. Plus I think Chip would want to run two cars in each next year.

Andretti only running in the IRL is a daft move.
Old 15 Aug 2002, 05:11 (Ref:358099)   #5
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree with you F1manoz, most likely 2 each in CART and IRL. I guess they would keep Jeff Ward for the IRL and Bruno would stay in CART. Not sure which way Brack and Dixon would go though, or would he hire any new drivers, plus isn't Scott Dixon's contract with Toyota?, that could put him in IRL, although if they are grooming him for F1, then they would want him to keep road racing.

As for Andretti-Green, i'd say IRL only.
Old 15 Aug 2002, 06:47 (Ref:358114)   #6
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Put yourself in Andrettis shoes- if somebody will pay you to race in one series, you'd probably do it rather than run up a debt staying in CART... it's sad that it's a business these days... CART currently needs some owners who are willing to tip their money into it for the love of the series, and because they have too much money to spend...
Old 15 Aug 2002, 11:30 (Ref:358254)   #7
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Mikey is reconsidering his idea of going totally IRL and part of it may be that his drivers are not quite as sheeplike as Penske's drivers were. It's one thing to take a complete team and all its personnel to the Invisible Ones, and quite another to find that most of your outfit doesn't want to go and you'll have to completely rebuild when you get there, which means those tuning in to see you because of your name will see you limping at the back of the grid with no-names in the cars.

The last place I worked in the States used to take over other firms and swallow them up. One firm that was earmarked for takeover disbanded because so many people jumped ship before the takeover could happen; when the Borg had moved away, the firm reassembled and went on as before.

Hopefully Team Green will do the same.