Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 2 Jul 2000, 14:28 (Ref:20894)   #1
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Well before the second pit stops I said to my cousin "I know they are going to screw Rubens in the pits - he is too fast today and Michael is already scared of DC." And lo and behold TIRE PROBLEMS AGAIN.

Can anyone still possibly believe this is happening accidentally?

Rubens, get off that team and get off before they ruin yoru career. And tell the press what is really going on. It will help you, not hurt you, to be honest.
Old 2 Jul 2000, 14:56 (Ref:20901)   #2
Mr.S
Racer

Mr.S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You would think that they would use a more original method!

I dont think that Ferrari is actually sitting there and thinking "how can we screw Rubens today?" In my opinion they just have car number 3, and the other guy. They simply dont find him important.
Old 2 Jul 2000, 18:33 (Ref:20918)   #3
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, Liz, I am certain that these s*** happen. Remember, last year Mika had a very similar problem with a wheel-nut and eventually he lost a wheel. On track! (By the way, does anyone know if it happened before?).
"Rubens is so fast today, he lost second place without a fight, so lets screw him! Lets teach him a lesson!” Is that what you say?

Okay, he lost few seconds with that “sabotage”. What exactly would’ve Rubens done? Win the race? Overtake Mika? C’mon Liz…
Old 2 Jul 2000, 19:10 (Ref:20921)   #4
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rubens was asleep today. Wow. Another podium thanks to attrition. Is the guy actually going to make an effort this season???

Old 2 Jul 2000, 19:24 (Ref:20927)   #5
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Almost forgot: Yes liz, agree with you: Rubens, get out of there!!! Jean, Luca di, anyone, hire a driver, will you?
Old 2 Jul 2000, 20:15 (Ref:20947)   #6
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
RB didn't make it that difficult for DC to pass. He also didn't try to keep up with TGF. If he had done his job TGF would'nt have needed to try so hard and may have saved his engine.

Sorry Liz, but Brazilian or not Barrichello is next to useless.
Old 2 Jul 2000, 20:56 (Ref:20967)   #7
Mr.S
Racer

I seriously think that Eddie would have done a much better Job today. He allways seemed to be pushing.
Old 2 Jul 2000, 23:57 (Ref:21007)   #8
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, I noticed where Eddie drove most of the race. Was that him going backwards most of the time?
Old 3 Jul 2000, 04:30 (Ref:21037)   #9
Sharky
Veteran

Sharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well....I think that Rubens problem is motivation. I mean, just get in the poor kid's shoes. He was naive enough to think that he was going to get same treatment from Ferrari as the one schu gets....and who knows! Perhaps he may have even thinked that he could have a shot at the title...and then....reality punched him in the face at Australia were he found out (the hard way) that this 300 millon dollar a year team is built so that schu wins and the other guy help's him win.

Now he must go to every race knowing that he won't win unless Schu has a problem or something and there are very few drivers who find that situation motivating.

I said it before and I say it again...Rubens made a huge mistake.
Old 3 Jul 2000, 13:11 (Ref:21115)   #10
Schume
Racer

Schume should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rubino continues to live in a fantasy world believing that he is going to get the No.1 Ferrari Drive when MS departs.

He's been busy proclaiming that he was faster than MS in France....maybe I was watching the wrong race??

Apart from the latest episode in the Comedy Pitstop series, I saw nothing that prevented him from showing how fast he alledgedly was. Ooops...he said his tyres went off. Even so, he looked like a granny on a Sunday afternoon drive when DC breezed past him.

Eddie would have made a much better job of the race.
Even after 4 stops he still made it to the end in his Laguar.
Old 3 Jul 2000, 15:42 (Ref:21142)   #11
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Who's Rubens trying to kid there when he said he is faster than MS and he's just trying to be easy on MS...YOU DONT GO EASY ON PEOPLE ON THE RACE TRACK...YOU RACE THEM TO THE CORE. Hey, rubens, did you just get your driving lisence a week ago??? Having a good car doesnt give good results. Eddie worked for his wins, you should too!
Old 3 Jul 2000, 23:50 (Ref:21257)   #12
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sharky, you and I have been signing the same refrain-Rubens made a HUGE mistake.

I found the expression on his face during the Post Race interviews quite doleful. The poor fellow failed and he looked like he knew it. Frankly, even if Ferrari were to consider him for No. 1 following TGF's supposed retirement after 2001, I doubt Rubens will have the self-confidence left to lead the team. If they've "effed" him for two years, how could he ever trust them after Schuey's taken his toys and gone home.
Old 4 Jul 2000, 00:38 (Ref:21282)   #13
Sharky
Veteran

Sharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

(OH DAMN!!! I had it all written and I pressed the clear fields button by mistake!!...well here it goes again)

I think that Rubens realized what he had gotten himself into at the australian GP. If you remember he was always a happy and emotional guy every time he got on the podium. Even at last year's european GP when, against all predictions, Herbert was the one to deliver Stewart's first win and Rubens was beaten by trulli. Still he was smiling and even making jokes at the podium. One could only expect a burst of happines if he managed to get a second place finish in his first race with ferrari right?? Wrong!! With that extra "magical" pit stop that handed what could have been his first win to schu he found out what the current Ferrari is all about. And you could see it in his face at the podium. He was trying lo smile but you could clearly see that it was a fake smile....it even looked as if he was thinking to himself "Oh man!! What did I get myself into!!...I should have listened to Jhonny and Eddie".

His self esteem has recieved further blows troughout the season with terrible pit stops strategies, a blown engine at his home GP and pit stops mistakes that an experienced team like Ferrari should never make. Not to mention "doble meaning" declarations by his teammate like the ones he made at the post race press conference at canada.

It's a real shame because the kid's dream had always been racing for ferrari. I remember that back in the 95 season he offered to drive free for ferrari and his income would come from his sponsors. But now that the dream has come true he's found it to be a nightmare.
Old 4 Jul 2000, 01:15 (Ref:21295)   #14
Raelene
Rookie

Raelene should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I actually thought the person "screwed" was the guy who's engine blew and didn't manage to finish the race.

Liz

please check the lap times and you tell me who was slower....
Old 4 Jul 2000, 02:15 (Ref:21310)   #15
Mr.S
Racer

Dont get me wrong Liz, I like RB and hate whats happening to him. I think he is faster then Eddie, but when at Ferrari Eddie seemed to be pushing all the time, and trying harder. But then again Eddie knew he would allways be a number two and I think for awhile he accepted it. RB on the other hand was expecting more.

Eddie and Schumacher looked special, actually like they were working together. RB makes Ferrari look like just another team. Hope fully one day something will happen that will give Rubens his confidence back and he will prove how good he is.

Old 4 Jul 2000, 06:24 (Ref:21335)   #16
downforce
Veteran

India
Bangalore
downforce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
very low downforce......

Dusbin hairyfello ??
Couldnt hold up DC at all....faster than Michael or was that "ethical" racing...Liz?

Sharky,
If the Dusbin is suffering in Ferrari, he could have made a die hard attempt to catch Mika ..no?

Well thats 2 odd blow-ups on the WDC ferrari now....wake up Ross/Rory/Todt !!!