Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 29 Sep 2002, 08:23 (Ref:390935)   #1
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Kawasaki in Motegi

From MotoGp.com

Quote:
The Gauloises Pacific Grand Prix of Motegi will this weekend see the debut of the fifth four-stroke motorcycle in the MotoGP World Championship. Kawasaki will unleash its Ninja ZX-PR machine at the hands of Akira Yanagawa, who has carried development work through from initial private tests last winter to competitive action in the All Japan series. On the back of recent announcements made by Ducati regarding their plans for next season, the MotoGP four-stroke revolution continues to gather momentum with the arrival of Kawasaki, who have the benefit of nine years previous Grand Prix experience.

The Japanese factory contested the premier category of World Championship competition in two periods, firstly from 1970 to 1975, when Ginger Molloy finished runner-up in their first season. Dave Simmonds took victory at Jarama one year later to finish the series in fourth place overall whilst Mick Grant clinched the Tourist Trophy in 1975. The second chapter of Kawasaki's 500cc experience came in a two year period at the start of the eighties. Kork Ballington was unable to add to their catalogue of victories but he did take two third place finishes in 1981.

The debut of the Ninja ZX-PR at the Gauloises Pacific Grand Prix of Motegi marks the start of a third era amongst the elite of motorcycle racing for Kawasaki, who have opted for an in-line four cylinder configuration. Seven constructors will line up on the MotoGP grid in 2003, with Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, Aprilia, Ducati, Proton and Kawasaki all having made their commitment to a four-stroke future.
I won't be expecting anything big from Kawasaki, but good to see their return to the MotoGP paddock. MotoGP is looking healthier and healthier concering the number of participants.

Wonder who will ride for them next year? Barros is a name that has certainly been linked with the team.
Old 29 Sep 2002, 08:37 (Ref:390938)   #2
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Is Andrew Pitt not getting a ride on the Kawasaki MotoGP bike?
Old 29 Sep 2002, 09:57 (Ref:390981)   #3
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I don't know. Perhaps someone else has heard something. I did hear on a recent Superbike telecast that Pitt was being considered, but there is plenty of experienced riders out there that Kawasaki might want to take on first.

Will Yanagawa be on one of the bikes perhaps?
Old 30 Sep 2002, 08:31 (Ref:391917)   #4
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Channel 10 stated during the Superbike telecast that Kagayama and Pitt would be the two Kawasaki riders in MotoGP next year. Doesn't answer who'll be at Motegi, though.
Old 30 Sep 2002, 08:57 (Ref:391932)   #5
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
hopefully pitt does get the ride

do you mean yukio kagayama (suzuki rider) or akira yanagawa for moto gp

if channel 10 did say kagayama than i will wait until i hear elsewhere cause channel 10 $uck..... i woke up at 2.30 this morning and saw troy bayliss finish 2nd in race 2 while racing for a world title

go brisbane lions
Old 30 Sep 2002, 09:35 (Ref:391980)   #6
mac
Veteran

They definately said Kagayama. It took me a bit by surprise, but Kawasaki are Japs and I guess their first season calls for a Jap. It did ring a bell with me when they mentioned it though.
Old 30 Sep 2002, 11:27 (Ref:392069)   #7
asha
Veteran

asha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
lets all go get a gun and shoot Bill Woods now! I mean seriously the guy sucks.
Old 3 Oct 2002, 18:02 (Ref:395089)   #8
429CJ
Veteran

Finland
Otaku World
429CJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ooohh... I just can't wait 2003 season... Kawasaki & Ducati joining MotoGP, and no more second division (500cc).

-Jamie Hyneman